B/O sprayed with unknown substance

QM1to6Ave

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/05/05/nypd-seeking-suspect-who-sprayed-mta-bus-driver-in-manhattan/

This is just lovely. Some B/O is minding his own business when someone comes and sprays something on him. Not sure if the bus was in service or on layover.  

News
NYPD Seeking Suspect Who Sprayed MTA Bus Driver In Manhattan
May 5, 2014 9:54 AM

Related Tags:  Assaultbus driverCrime StoppersMTANYPD

TRI-STATE NEWS HEADLINES
From our newsroom to your inbox weekday mornings at 9AM.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are searching for a man who they said sprayed a city bus driver with an unknown substance in Upper Manhattan.

The incident occurred just before 4 a.m. Saturday.

The suspect walked up to the MTA bus, which was stopped at the corner of Isham Street and Sherman Avenue, and sprayed the driver through the window, police said.

The suspect then ran westbound on Sherman Avenue.

The driver was not seriously hurt.

The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 20-years-old, 5’7″ tall, with a light complexion. He was last seen wearing a blue jacket, black jeans and white sneakers, police said.

That would be considered 3rd degree felony assault since this incident does not involve the use of a deadly weapon, I think. Then again assaulting transit personnel in general carries a 3 year sentence automatically. 

That would be considered 3rd degree felony assault since this incident does not involve the use of a deadly weapon, I think. Then again assaulting transit personnel in general carries a 3 year sentence automatically. 

Is it three? I thought it was longer.

Yeah you are right it is longer. Assaulting an MTA employee is a Class D felony punishable by up to seven years in prison. I'm sure though this depends on the how this may go in court. We had that case with the 19 year old who severely assaulted a B/O for not allowing her to bring along her stupid dog and only got a slap on the wrist, 6 months in jail and 5 years probation.

Yeah you are right it is longer. Assaulting an MTA employee is a Class D felony punishable by up to seven years in prison. I'm sure though this depends on the how this may go in court. We had that case with the 19 year old who severely assaulted a B/O for not allowing her to bring along her stupid dog and only got a slap on the wrist, 6 months in jail and 5 years probation.

Im begining to think that they should upgrade it to have mandatory prison time with no up to 7 years time cause lately they have been to lax on sentencing b/o assaults.

I agree. They need to raise the bar. Only 6 months for nearly taking someone's eye out in a senseless beatdown is not what I consider as justice being served.

With Steangeli Medina, she also was mandated to undergo anger management classes after a psychiatric evaluation. So speculation here but that girl may have suffered from some sort of mood disorder, and that could be why she was spared the brunt of the time to be served in prison for a second degree felony charge.

Not that I agree with it, I'm really disgusted with the heifer's actions, but that could be why.

What exactly would the charge be?  Assault? Reckless endangerment? They don't know what the substance was.  Could've been water for all we know.  Stupid prank in any event, which is what I suspect that it was. 

It doesn't matter what the substance was, this has assault written all over it... Only question is, if it's a 3rd or 2nd degree (in NY, with the latter being, you guessed it, carrying a sentence of somewhere b/w 5-10 yrs - with which that 7 yrs in prison notice/sticker you see plastered somewhere at the front of the bus, falls under...

This jackass walked up to the bus, sprayed the substance through the window & fled..... I'd say that's equivalent to sucker punching someone & running off like a lil' bitch..... An assault.

for example:

- If someone spits on you in a baseball game, it's an assault.....

- If someone urinates on you, it's an assault (depending on the circumstances, it can be considered a sex assault)....

(this actually happened to someone at a Phillies game a couple seasons ago.... utterly disgusting)

- You underestimate this one, but if someone sprays water on you, it is actually an assault.... And I'm glad my mother & uncle didn't permit me to have water gun fights as a kid (don't know if you remember super soakers, but one of my best friends got in trouble spraying this one annoying stuck up bitch with one.... It's a long boring story I won't waste time with....)

- If someone clips their toenails on a subway train (outside of it being a disgusting practice) & it accidentally hits you in the eye or something, causing injury, that's actually reckless endangerment....

The fact that dude ran, isn't gonna help his case of getting slapped with a lesser charge of reckless endangerment, once they do catch him.....

It doesn't matter what the substance was, this has assault written all over it... Only question is, if it's a 3rd or 2nd degree (in NY, with the latter being, you guessed it, carrying a sentence of somewhere b/w 5-10 yrs - with which that 7 yrs in prison notice/sticker you see plastered somewhere at the front of the bus, falls under...

This jackass walked up to the bus, sprayed the substance through the window & fled..... I'd say that's equivalent to sucker punching someone & running off like a lil' bitch..... An assault.

for example:

- If someone spits on you in a baseball game, it's an assault.....

- If someone urinates on you, it's an assault (depending on the circumstances, it can be considered a sex assault)....

(this actually happened to someone at a Phillies game a couple seasons ago.... utterly disgusting)

- You underestimate this one, but if someone sprays water on you, it is actually an assault.... And I'm glad my mother & uncle didn't permit me to have water gun fights as a kid (don't know if you remember super soakers, but one of my best friends got in trouble spraying this one annoying stuck up bitch with one.... It's a long boring story I won't waste time with....)

- If someone clips their toenails on a subway train (outside of it being a disgusting practice) & it accidentally hits you in the eye or something, causing injury, that's actually reckless endangerment....

The fact that dude ran, isn't gonna help his case of getting slapped with a lesser charge of reckless endangerment, once they do catch him.....

I was wondering because the act is so child-like that I would venture to think that the perpetrator would be under age.  And yes I do remember super soakers... lol... To me this is one of those egg the bus types of incidents... The only difference is that the B/O got sprayed this time.  I was on a BxM11 a few months ago and these kids were ready to throw snowballs at the bus and the B/O (a female) opened her door and yelled "Don't you dare do it!" It was kind of funny... Wonder what would've happened had she been hit by snowballs or what the charge would've been.

I've even seen kids even throw snapple bottles and rocks at buses when I was in high school. The problem is that with some kids medically speaking since they are still emotionally and mentally growing they do not yet psychologically understand the concept of cause and effect, actions and consequences. So because they are still growing and haven't fully grasped the concept say as full grown adults would they tend to do things way off the beam.

In this case however the perp was a full grown man, so with this one I fail to understand why he would do something as stupid as this. I guess I'm not stupid enough to understand the reasoning of some people in this city who does idiotic things.

In this case however the perp was a full grown man, so with this one I fail to understand why he would do something as stupid as this. I guess I'm not stupid enough to understand the reasoning of some people in this city who does idiotic things.

We don't know that for sure... It's alleged that the suspect was ~20, but he could've been underage.  

This story is crazy, I feel like many people just don't like bus drivers and buses. Many kids today have no respect for life and how things work. I seen kids break bus windows, smash bottles on buses, spill stuff on the floor. I know when I'm coming home from school, these immature middle school kids are talking loud, cursing and so on. And the bus driver can't tell them anything because they will still do it anyway and may even curse the driver out. I just wish people will give bus drivers a break. It's a stressful job being stuck in traffic and so on and then having to deal with rude people or people who don't understand directions or this bus system.

Archived