What part of the MTA do you work for?

RTS4Life

Well, you know you have one here. How do I like it? Well, as you told me, you read my post on the Rant and Rave section. It is that bad, and only getting worse. Alot of operators who I speak to WILL NOT give the MTA 25-55. Alot of them are moving south, or going back to school for other professions. Some have military time, and will just collect a partial MTA pension.

• 1 year later...
Well, you know you have one here. How do I like it? Well, as you told me, you read my post on the Rant and Rave section. It is that bad, and only getting worse. Alot of operators who I speak to WILL NOT give the MTA 25-55. Alot of them are moving south, or going back to school for other professions. Some have military time, and will just collect a partial MTA pension.

Where is the R&R section on here? I was looking for one of your rants from about a year ago,about that homeless guy getting on your bus and telling you his life story,and he smelled so bad that your eyes were tearing up and you had half of your head outside the window,LOL.

Not even a pay raise in the next contract is worth staying on?

Us hopefully future B/O's on here don't have a clue as to what we are getting into. :eek:

I'm in the MaBSTOA maintenance division and everything runs smooth except for some bad apples(really stupid/lazy co-workers).

If you want a job at the MTA, maintenance is the way to go....no crazy passengers or taxi drivers to deal with and no need to camp outside of your union office for a day off!!!

Where is the R&R section on here? I was looking for one of your rants from about a year ago,about that homeless guy getting on your bus and telling you his life story,and he smelled so bad that your eyes were tearing up and you had half of your head outside the window,LOL.

Not even a pay raise in the next contract is worth staying on?

Us hopefully future B/O's on here don't have a clue as to what we are getting into. :eek:

Loco, please only take what these people are saying about the job as their opinion... Being a B/O in my opinion is great! i honestly cant believe i make the money i do for doing such a clean workin job. Every job has it's up's and down's...If this job was soooo bad, and the people that are telling you this say it as well( b/o) you should simply apply, why are youi still working here!? Guys make here or can make 100K triving a bus? are you serious? and then easily clear from duty and pick up some overtime? try doing that in the sanitation! ...you cant unless your seniority is higher then my age! i did 146HRS last week, thats unheard off, i paid my car insurance and my acrua's lease payment off with that and had left over! im only on 1 year and honestly say i love my job.(MTA)

Loco, please only take what these people are saying about the job as their opinion... Being a B/O in my opinion is great! i honestly cant believe i make the money i do for doing such a clean workin job. Every job has it's up's and down's...If this job was soooo bad, and the people that are telling you this say it as well( b/o) you should simply apply, why are youi still working here!? Guys make here or can make 100K triving a bus? are you serious? and then easily clear from duty and pick up some overtime? try doing that in the sanitation! ...you cant unless your seniority is higher then my age! i did 146HRS last week, thats unheard off, i paid my car insurance and my acrua's lease payment off with that and had left over! im only on 1 year and honestly say i love my job.(MTA)

.not week, sorry pay period,...

.not week, sorry pay period,...

You are right,everybody has different opinions about the job. I know DOB2RTO worked out of Kingsbridge. If I get hired I will be either at Casey Stengel or in Staten Island,totally different from the Bronx. He does make it sound like everybody wants to get out of the DOB. He has said that he misses being a B/O sometimes,so that right there tells me something. Since I have been on this forum I have heard more positive stuff from B/O's then negative stuff.

im only on 1 year and honestly say i love my job.(MTA)

You're a greenhorn. Get back to us in 5 or 10 years. Then you can make a definitive statement about your love for the job. I hope you still love your job as much then.

For me I have said before it's not the jobs that are the problem with working for the TA it's the agency itself.

I wanted to see how many people work for MTA BUS or NYC Transit,MaBSTOA

And how do you like it.

Thanks, All

TRAIN OPERATOR here.. (MISCwk) stands for MISCELLANEOUS WORK (stinking yellow trains).. the ones the public gets angry at for their 'reroutes' in traveling....the job isn't what it was in the beginning.. but.. llike everything.. IT HAS IT'S GOOD and BAD .. what can one say?!!? it PAYS the bills.. lots of folks TODAY.. wish they can HOLD any type of job...whether its an aggravating.. stressful one.. or one where MANAGEMENT..DOES APPRECIATE us little folks.. LOL.. all in all.. I'M BLESSED...

I agree with Jah the job is great the TA sucks Im on the job over a year and it SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and working 146hrs in 2 weeks is dumb and have no life social life and will be the poster boy for BO's who drop dead either on the job or within 5 years of retirement and thats a fact! Let me operate the bus without your dumb push/pull 2 hands and all the other crap they want and I'll love the job but till worrying about a Supt approaching me during a ride SCREW THAT THE JOB SUCKS they own you and your drivers lic also

I wanted to see how many people work for MTA BUS or NYC Transit,MaBSTOA

And how do you like it.

Thanks, All

You looking at Ex MaBSTOA Traffic Checker Operation over 4 Years & 3 months and this was the best job ever had in NYCT. One thing in my mind that i seen alot of Lazy Traffic Checkers don't want to do the job or travel somewhere far. Before i left NYCT i was going to be MaBSTOA B/O but i change my mind to move to Florida.

David

Mears Motor Coach Driver

Orlando,Florida

:cool:

(NYCT)I'm sure miss this logo

(MTA)

I agree with Jah the job is great the TA sucks Im on the job over a year and it SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and working 146hrs in 2 weeks is dumb and have no life social life and will be the poster boy for BO's who drop dead either on the job or within 5 years of retirement and thats a fact! Let me operate the bus without your dumb push/pull 2 hands and all the other crap they want and I'll love the job but till worrying about a Supt approaching me during a ride SCREW THAT THE JOB SUCKS they own you and your drivers lic also

working 146hr is totally not dumb. like i said i had bills to pay and wasn't going into savings to pay , to only put back. where else or what other kind of job will actually allow you to put in that many hours? i dont do it every pay period, this is actually the second time ive done that. and it was all time and a half? so i wasn't actually there the whole day. the TA does suck yes ok, push pull what ever, but once you are off probation you have a bigger cushion, usually with your union a stupid violation of driving with one hand gets trown out depending on your record. if you are one of those guys that have a list under there belt plus using all sick time , of course its worse. i really, honestly dont know how it is to drive in bronx or brooklyn, i do drive in manhattan with the express buses, i am stationed in staten island maybe this is why i say its totally a great job. 5-10 years from now i am going to say the same answer to you that i dont mind it. i love to drive, i like being alone from other co workers/ bosses (some of the time) and im also going to like the extra vaction time and sequential raises that we will obtain, so i dont know what else to say.. i may just be a dispatcher at that time as well..

you have to remember the lives we have in our possesion driving the bus, and all the law suits toward our company for accidents, following simple rules can help you in situations, dont be negative about the job that later on when you will retire, will make u enjoy life a little.

You're a greenhorn. Get back to us in 5 or 10 years. Then you can make a definitive statement about your love for the job. I hope you still love your job as much then.

For me I have said before it's not the jobs that are the problem with working for the TA it's the agency itself.

For all who complain about this job 5-10 years after they are hired , SHOULD JUST LEAVE take your ten years collect, medical and 20% pension and get another job. I am 23 yrs old college graduate and can honestly say right now there is nothing! I can make a lot of money here and will, I have to put in 33 years and will be compensated efficiently for my service pension wise. its just amazing every single time I tell another operator with time on, why not leave? they cannot and will not answer. when you have 15 years on the job and pick drilling with extra pieces and making 100k washing buses not on the road with passenger I think its worth it. Im sorry I may sound crazy to some but not all, I don't mind working (I don't find this working hard at all). the more time you put in the better it gets no matter what rules or anything. if you have 15 yrs on the job and get a violation for one hand driving you laugh it off, you'll get 1 or 2 days in the street you cash in a ava day or vac day and fv©k them and enjoy a 4 day weekend. Take the good with the bad people.

For all who complain about this job 5-10 years after they are hired , SHOULD JUST LEAVE take your ten years collect, medical and 20% pension and get another job. I am 23 yrs old college graduate and can honestly say right now there is nothing! I can make a lot of money here and will, I have to put in 33 years and will be compensated efficiently for my service pension wise. its just amazing every single time I tell another operator with time on, why not leave? they cannot and will not answer. when you have 15 years on the job and pick drilling with extra pieces and making 100k washing buses not on the road with passenger I think its worth it. Im sorry I may sound crazy to some but not all, I don't mind working (I don't find this working hard at all). the more time you put in the better it gets no matter what rules or anything. if you have 15 yrs on the job and get a violation for one hand driving you laugh it off, you'll get 1 or 2 days in the street you cash in a ava day or vac day and fv©k them and enjoy a 4 day weekend. Take the good with the bad people.

You don't know what you're talking about. You get a day or 2 in the street for petty bull shit and yes you laugh it off but if they hit you with petty shit again you're now up for dismisal!!!

You are a B/O so yes you have much better than almost all of the other departments but not with discipline. They fired more B/O's last year than all other department combined!

I have 2 relatives that retired as B/O's and both still to this day say they regret not taking the C/R job instead.(the test was combined until recently)

Those drilling jobs you talk about most likely won't exsist by the time you can pick them.

You don't know what you're talking about. You get a day or 2 in the street for petty bull shit and yes you laugh it off but if they hit you with petty shit again you're now up for dismisal!!!

You are a B/O so yes you have much better than almost all of the other departments but not with discipline. They fired more B/O's last year than all other department combined!

I have 2 relatives that retired as B/O's and both still to this day say they regret not taking the C/R job instead.(the test was combined until recently)

Those drilling jobs you talk about most likely won't exsist by the time you can pick them.

YOU will not get fired for one hand operation. Those B/o who were fired prob. where on thin ice already or probies. Again rules are rules, safety is safety. YOU really have to Fvk up to get fired. in caselton depot there is one operator that owes 2 1/2 yrs bad time, thats how much he goes out. guess what? still picks a 10 hr run and comes to work. 0 sick time.

C/r job instead? are you serious technology will fase that out shortly ill drive my 33yr or dispatch and be happy.

YOU will not get fired for one hand operation. Those B/o who were fired prob. where on thin ice already or probies. Again rules are rules, safety is safety. YOU really have to Fvk up to get fired. in caselton depot there is one operator that owes 2 1/2 yrs bad time, thats how much he goes out. guess what? still picks a 10 hr run and comes to work. 0 sick time.

You can be fired for ANY offense if you have discipline on your record in the last few years!

Why shouldn't that B/O use his sick time if he chooses they are HIS days. Contrary to what the TA wants you to believe those days are yours not thiers. You EARN them!

Enough to tell you the TA makes this job suck more and more everyday.

AVA's holiday picks WTF is that all about the unions suck you just wait to see 0/0/0 in your next contract......why should I have to vote for a Union President now......show me a contract first......PD FD all get these huge paydays you know what we will get ......SH!T We do alot more and have more decisions every minute at work then any other agency out there and what do we get...Knockbacked Beeky Rides and all the shit the TA loves to ram up our ass!

YOU will not get fired for one hand operation. Those B/o who were fired prob. where on thin ice already or probies. Again rules are rules, safety is safety. YOU really have to Fvk up to get fired. in caselton depot there is one operator that owes 2 1/2 yrs bad time , thats how much he goes out. guess what? still picks a 10 hr run and comes to work. 0 sick time.

What do you mean by "owes 2 1/2 yrs bad time "?

Archived