MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RSMG106 said:

3815: John F. Kennedy to Eastchester Scrap.

4338: Baisley Park to Eastchester Scrap.

Already? They’re scrapping what the TA sent them a few years & months respectively? It’s telling you something. 

5 minutes ago, FLX9304 said:

Already? They’re scrapping what the TA sent them a few years & months respectively? It’s telling you something. 

Apparently, plans have changed. The old gens and next gens are being retired together instead of the separate package (old gens get replaced by MTA Bus Next Gens in mix of future LFS order). Their replacements will be new future Novas and XD-40s that aren't used by NYC Transit. 

Also, the NYC units are used roughly before being moved over to MTA Bus which gives them the advantage to be gone first than the old Gens. JFK has a high amount left to remaining old gens being used from the looks of it. 

Edited by Calvin

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

If you think about it, both JFK and Baisley have proper care of these NGs unlike LaGuardia. LGA scrapped more NGs than the other two.

* 4060: re-routed to LaGuardia, MTA Bus after service at Queens Village, NYCT. Saved for passenger service there instead of scrap. What left the QV depot was the unit itself without a farebox. 

---------

3282, has its farebox transferred from a retired CP unit. It had no farebox at LGA before but being moved from operator out of said depot

Edited by Calvin

On 3/15/2023 at 10:36 PM, RSMG106 said:

If you think about it, both JFK and Baisley have proper care of these NGs unlike LaGuardia. LGA scrapped more NGs than the other two.

Why do people keep crapping on LGA? I used to ride the Q33, Q47, Q49, Q53, Q69 and Q100 on a somewhat frequent basis a few years back and their buses looked and ran fine. They may not have the best maintenance but they have improved tons since the Triboro days. 
NYCT just sends their crappy beat up buses to MTA Bus which LGA, BP and JFK unfortunately has to deal with. MTA bus should have received brand new buses last year when the Orion OG’s started to retire but of course MTA Bus is overlooked and then on top of that are always short which then requires a bunch of old NYCT buses to come in and fill the gap. 

MTA Bus still has a bunch of MCI’s left  and the recent Prevost order couldn’t retire all the MCI’s which at this point need to go. I understand the budget isn’t always there but come on now, we still have a bunch of 16-18 year old express buses running around. 

27 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Why do people keep crapping on LGA? I used to ride the Q33, Q47, Q49, Q53, Q69 and Q100 on a somewhat frequent basis a few years back and their buses looked and ran fine. They may not have the best maintenance but they have improved tons since the Triboro days. 
NYCT just sends their crappy beat up buses to MTA Bus which LGA, BP and JFK unfortunately has to deal with. MTA bus should have received brand new buses last year when the Orion OG’s started to retire but of course MTA Bus is overlooked and then on top of that are always short which then requires a bunch of old NYCT buses to come in and fill the gap. 

MTA Bus still has a bunch of MCI’s left  and the recent Prevost order couldn’t retire all the MCI’s which at this point need to go. I understand the budget isn’t always there but come on now, we still have a bunch of 16-18 year old express buses running around. 

But they're at MTA BUS, not NYC Bus. You know that MTA Bus has been treated like a stepchild ever since acquiring the private bus lines. The saga continues. Sad.

13 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I would say it has to do with cosmetics of the buses why ppl say those things. At the depot   they dont care as long they can make service 

17 minutes ago, Santana04 said:

I would say it has to do with cosmetics of the buses why ppl say those things. At the depot   they dont care as long they can make service 

A lot of users here correlate cleanliness/aesthetics with how bad buses run. From a passenger's perspective, I've been on rough looking buses that ran as smooth as butter.