MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usually, at times, if a bus is out (or not) of or in service, it comes back on the road due to repairs or being wrapped with installments (ex 5992 and 3364). Buses involved in an accident (7548) or flood pending repairs (2660, 2716) are OOS as well, but, came back later during months (8246, 8702-8703)

But, please avoid the repeating quotes being said that he or she already mentioned that unit. I check the previous pages back before hitting reply with the search bar and if it doesn't say retired or scrapped, then it gets posted. Vice versa, if posted, then it won't be said. However, exceptions like pending scrap, it can mean being changed in mind to not scrap or in progress. 

Edited by Calvin
Posted as a note. Quote: no one mentioned it is excluded from this post. Already mentioned is said non-stop

4113: East New York/Zerega to Eastchester Scrap.

3666: John F. Kennedy to Eastchester Scrap.

Note that all NGs at Zerega may get scrapped in the coming weeks in favor of changing to New Flyer equipment for training.

IMG_7858.png

Edited by RSMG106

There's only 4 CT's at Castleton on the NYCT side active: 2217, 2223, 2224 and 2228.

* 2210 was out of service back then. However, recently, the farebox has been removed from service. 

* 3983, 4116: ex NYCT unit that was also a training bus retired from service. 

Edited by Calvin

3645, and 3693: JFK being retired.

These units have no farebox (also taken off) on the outside of the lot. They are moved to the recent NGs that arrived at the said depot. 

Edited by Calvin
Back on the transfers thread, 3251 is loaned to SC for the day. 3645 is the unit to make up for it to avoid false outcomes.

On 3/7/2023 at 7:55 AM, RSMG106 said:

4113: East New York/Zerega to Eastchester Scrap.

3666: John F. Kennedy to Eastchester Scrap.

Note that all NGs at Zerega may get scrapped in the coming weeks in favor of changing to New Flyer equipment for training.

IMG_7858.png

Saw a few of them in manhattan while waiting for an express bus.

4236 might be scrap, just seen it being towed down Flatlands Ave AWAY from Flatbush Depot. Look like it was missing parts on the roof in the rear (wiring exposed).

Or it was going to ENY CMF, reason I'm not sure is the bus is taking Flatlands Ave and I'm not sure what highway it could possibly be going to. Maybe it's heading to left on Pennsylvania Ave to Linden Blvd to the Van Wyck to the Whitestone Bridge and it's using that routing to ECH?

Edited by trainfan22

32 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

4236 might be scrap, just seen it being towed down Flatlands Ave AWAY from Flatbush Depot. Look like it was missing parts on the roof in the rear (wiring exposed).

Or it was going to ENY CMF, reason I'm not sure is the bus is taking Flatlands Ave and I'm not sure what highway it could possibly be going to. Maybe it's heading to left on Pennsylvania Ave to Linden Blvd to the Van Wyck to the Whitestone Bridge and it's using that routing to ECH?

This unit was first reported scrap back in December, then rereported last month. Surprised it's just getting towed out now. I guess this happens with bus units too.

1 hour ago, RandomRider0101 said:

This unit was first reported scrap back in December, then rereported last month. Surprised it's just getting towed out now. I guess this happens with bus units too.

From what I've noticed at Eastchester scrap yard, the lot is usually full looking at view from Conner St by the New England Freeway. The reserved RTS, Diesel unit 3563, and buses involved in an accident takes up the storage space. 

The units mentioned as scrap gets sent there depending on the number but the yard changes in numbers in weeks or a month. 

What happens with bus units mentioned as scrap at depots is that they get put to the side with a note not to use this unit.  When the time comes, a tow truck comes in and picks up the said unit to the yard so, it's no longer in the system. Like Flatbush Depot, scrap units get put on the lot by Avenue N to avoid using space as active buses in-use. 

@trainfan22 It does use Pennsylvania Av to Linden Blvd to get to the Whitestone Bridge for scrap. They don't use Belt Pkwy from Flatbush Av where the Q35 is at for that routing. 

Edited by Calvin
Also to say, what's left after said scrap is a farebox

42 minutes ago, Calvin said:

From what I've noticed at Eastchester scrap yard, the lot is usually full looking at view from Conner St by the New England Freeway. The reserved RTS, Diesel unit 3563, and buses involved in an accident takes up the storage space. 

The units mentioned as scrap gets sent there depending on the number but the yard changes in numbers in weeks or a month. 

What happens with bus units mentioned as scrap at depots is that they get put to the side with a note not to use this unit.  When the time comes, a tow truck comes in and picks up the said unit to the yard so, it's no longer in the system. Like Flatbush Depot, scrap units get put on the lot by Avenue N to avoid using space as active buses in-use. 

@trainfan22 It does use Pennsylvania Av to Linden Blvd to get to the Whitestone Bridge for scrap. They don't use Belt Pkwy from Flatbush Av where the Q35 is at for that routing. 

I figured that's what it is. Ofc they would need space before moving more units to the scrapyard. Thanks for sharing this info.