June 28, 2015 Bus Route & Schedule Changes

That BxM11 change is probably due to people in Pelham Parkway complaining about having that Boston Road/Pelham Parkway South stop removed previously.  The Bronx Zoo stop southbound is an attempt to increase ridership.  Outside of Pelham Parkway, it's likely that people aren't using it as much (can't afford it).

I seriously doubt the reason the Bxm11's ridership is as it is because of Pelham Parkway. That just doesn't sound right at all. There is still a substantial amount of ridership coming from points north of Gun Hill Road and in the area surrounding Gun Hill Road.

I seriously doubt the reason the Bxm11's ridership is as it is because of Pelham Parkway. That just doesn't sound right at all. There is still a substantial amount of ridership coming from points north of Gun Hill Road and in the area surrounding Gun Hill Road.

lol... I used to use the BxM11 for several months when I had to tutor up there.  A good portion of the ridership comes from Pelham Parkway, especially outside of rush hours, particularly on weekends with the Bronx Zoo. I've been numerous empty BxM11 buses near Burke that filled up when we reached Pelham Parkway. 

lol... I used to use the BxM11 for several months when I had to tutor up there.  A good portion of the ridership comes from Pelham Parkway, especially outside of rush hours, particularly on weekends with the Bronx Zoo. I've been numerous empty BxM11 buses near Burke that filled up when we reached Pelham Parkway. 

If ridership north was really that bad, the MTA would just cut the route north of it. But they don't, it continues all the way up to near the City Line on White Plains Road. They can't just be running them all the way up to Wakefield for the fun of it. 

Also, what times did you take the BxM11 into the city. If it was mainly in the late afternoon, then that might be the reasoning. Maybe Pelham Parkway ridership is more spread out over residents in the northern section of the route, which doesn't necessarily mean that ridership comes specifically from the neighborhood.. It happens on other express bus routes too. Of 892 weekend riders, you can't tell me most of the usage is from Pelham Parkway.

If ridership north was really that bad, the MTA would just cut the route north of it. But they don't, it continues all the way up to near the City Line on White Plains Road. They can't just be running them all the way up to Wakefield for the fun of it. 

Also, what times did you take the BxM11 into the city. If it was mainly in the late afternoon, then that might be the reasoning. Maybe Pelham Parkway ridership is more spread out over residents in the northern section of the route, which doesn't necessarily mean that ridership comes specifically from the neighborhood.. It happens on other express bus routes too. Of 892 weekend riders, you can't tell me most of the usage is from Pelham Parkway.

Dude I have two eyes and saw the bus empty out and fill up at the stop right after the Bronx Zoo.  That's the biggest stop on the BxM11 outside of the Bronx Zoo stop.  A few stops north of that get riders too but that one is the biggest one.  I never said that people don't use the route north of Gun Hill Road because they do, but that is mainly during the week and not on weekends, as it is mainly workers, and they likely are right by the Westchester border as opposed to those in the Bronx.  The same deal happens with Riverdale.  Most of the ridership is down in Spuyten Duyvil and Central Riverdale up until 235th and Henry Hudson Parkway.  You can have a BxM2 empty out at Kappock and Knolls Crescent.  Ridership in North Riverdale is hit or miss.  Sometimes I'm the first person on around 239th - 246th street.  Ridership in North Riverdale also comes from over the border in Westchester.  It should be that there are more riders in both scenarios, but the further north you go in both neighborhoods, the areas aren't as affluent.  Fieldston, Central Riverdale and parts of Spuyten Duyvil/South Riverdale are more monied than North Riverdale.  Same deal in Pelham Parkway, though Pelham Parkway isn't an affluent area, but more of a solid middle class area in comparison to the poor areas of Wakefield and Williamsbridge, particularly along White Plains Road.

The other thing about Pelham Parkway and Central Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil/South Riverdale is that they are quite dense.  North Riverdale isn't as dense.  Same deal with parts of Williamsbridge and Wakefield. 

I thought it was started yesterday, so I rush via Q49, Q72, M60 SBS, M15 SBS to help on M86/SBS, but it was still M86 and passengers also thought also.

I also noticed that the (4) and R62A (6) strip maps show the M86 SBS like it started yesterday (no announcements for the SBS route yet), but the M86 was delayed to July 13th. Wonder how many riders got confused these last few days....

I also noticed that the (4) and R62A (6) strip maps show the M86 SBS like it started yesterday (no announcements for the SBS route yet), but the M86 was delayed to July 13th. Wonder how many riders got confused these last few days....

(5) train strip maps have them too..

Dude I have two eyes and saw the bus empty out and fill up at the stop right after the Bronx Zoo.  That's the biggest stop on the BxM11 outside of the Bronx Zoo stop.  A few stops north of that get riders too but that one is the biggest one.  I never said that people don't use the route north of Gun Hill Road because they do, but that is mainly during the week and not on weekends, as it is mainly workers, and they likely are right by the Westchester border as opposed to those in the Bronx. 

The other thing about Pelham Parkway and Central Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil/South Riverdale is that they are quite dense.  North Riverdale isn't as dense.  Same deal with parts of Williamsbridge and Wakefield. 

That might be an account, but you still haven't answered my original question, which was at what time did you board these buses. If you were on a trip to Wakefield in the AM/early PM, and one to Manhattan in the PM, no wonder you're seeing these loads.

Like I said, sometimes, ridership is oriented around a  specific time frame. I never said you said that nobody uses the route north of Gun Hill Road. What I disagree with you on is the bit on Pelham Parkway having the most ridership on the entire route. The BxM11 is a well used route, and compasses many neighborhoods. I find it hard to believe that Pelham Parkway is where most of the ridership comes from, given my previous experiences of the line, where I've taken in buses to Manhattan in the AM, and to Wakefield in the PM (although I haven't done many trips in the Wakefield direction) where half the load came from North of Gun Hill Road, sometimes being a little less than that. However, Pelham Parkway did not have the most riders disembarking and boarding those buses, not on any of the trips I've been on. Also like I said, Pelham Parkway's ridership just tends to be more spread out, but it still has a significant amount of riders. Not enough to be considered where most of the ridership comes from regardless.

In addition, if Pelham Parkway was the majority of the route got its ridership from, don't you think they would (at least on Saturdays) attempt to short-turn the route?

That might be an account, but you still haven't answered my original question, which was at what time did you board these buses. If you were on a trip to Wakefield in the AM/early PM, and one to Manhattan in the PM, no wonder you're seeing these loads.

Like I said, sometimes, ridership is oriented around a  specific time frame. I never said you said that nobody uses the route north of Gun Hill Road. What I disagree with you on is the bit on Pelham Parkway having the most ridership on the entire route. The BxM11 is a well used route, and compasses many neighborhoods. I find it hard to believe that Pelham Parkway is where most of the ridership comes from, given my previous experiences of the line, where I've taken in buses to Manhattan in the AM, and to Wakefield in the PM (although I haven't done many trips in the Wakefield direction) where half the load came from North of Gun Hill Road, sometimes being a little less than that. However, Pelham Parkway did not have the most riders disembarking and boarding those buses, not on any of the trips I've been on. Also like I said, Pelham Parkway's ridership just tends to be more spread out, but it still has a significant amount of riders. Not enough to be considered where most of the ridership comes from regardless.

In addition, if Pelham Parkway was the majority of the route got its ridership from, don't you think they would (at least on Saturdays) attempt to short-turn the route?

Listen buddy I used the BxM11 for almost a good 7 months on weekends and also during the week.  That second stop (Boston Rd and Pelham Parkway South) ALWAYS has a lot of people getting off.  After that it's the trickle down effect all the way to Gun Hill Road.  Past that you'll have some riders left.  I've used the bus on Saturdays, Sundays (early and late afternoon and evening) and during the week in the evening and late at night.  The only time that I've seen a nice load on the bus above Gun Hill Road was one late Friday night around 23:00 (the last bus) and it was evident that they were regulars, as they had the nerve to be snobby. I said to myself, poor folks acting snobby in the ghetto... What a joke...

Anyway, all other times that bus was empty heading southbound or had one person on it tops.  We didn't pick up until around Burke and then the big stop was always Boston Rd and Thwaites.  If the Bronx Zoo was still open then that stop could easily get 15 - 20 people on it during the weekends.  Believe me that additional stop being added by Pelham Parkway South is being added because it existed before and people made a stink.  I'm not sure why you find it so hard to believe that it would be a big stop.  It isn't from any park-and-ride either.  It makes perfect sense.  It's one of the last stops before the bus gets on the expressway, and it's a pretty dense area with apartments and co-ops all about and it's much faster than the subway from that area. Those are all Pelham Parkway residents.

There's no need to short turn any buses because further north the ridership may be hit or miss, but as I said before plenty of people that live in Westchester come down to get that bus.

M86 SBS starts on Monday, July 13th.

I thought it was started yesterday, so I rush via Q49, Q72, M60 SBS, M15 SBS to help on M86/SBS, but it was still M86 and passengers also thought also.

I thought it was supposed to start on Sunday too. There are already M86 SBS timetables on buses and they're dated June 28. I picked one up yesterday.

The new SBS timetable is also on the website, but it's not openly available. If you want to see it you have to take the url http://web.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/manh/m086cur.pdf and change it to http://web.mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/manh/m086scur.pdf (You have to add an 's' to the url)

The schedule planners really did not mess with the schedule. The handful of trips that used to start mid-route at Lexington Av now start from E 92 St instead, and running time from start to finish is shortened a little bit, but aside from those things, the SBS timetable is almost exactly the same as the old timetable, trip for trip.

Listen buddy I used the BxM11 for almost a good 7 months on weekends and also during the week.  That second stop (Boston Rd and Pelham Parkway South) ALWAYS has a lot of people getting off.  After that it's the trickle down effect all the way to Gun Hill Road.  Past that you'll have some riders left.  I've used the bus on Saturdays, Sundays (early and late afternoon and evening) and during the week in the evening and late at night.  The only time that I've seen a nice load on the bus above Gun Hill Road was one late Friday night around 23:00 (the last bus) and it was evident that they were regulars, as they had the nerve to be snobby. I said to myself, poor folks acting snobby in the ghetto... What a joke...

Anyway, all other times that bus was empty heading southbound or had one person on it tops.  We didn't pick up until around Burke and then the big stop was always Boston Rd and Thwaites.  If the Bronx Zoo was still open then that stop could easily get 15 - 20 people on it during the weekends.  Believe me that additional stop being added by Pelham Parkway South is being added because it existed before and people made a stink.  I'm not sure why you find it so hard to believe that it would be a big stop.  It isn't from any park-and-ride either.  It makes perfect sense.  It's one of the last stops before the bus gets on the expressway, and it's a pretty dense area with apartments and co-ops all about and it's much faster than the subway from that area. Those are all Pelham Parkway residents.

There's no need to short turn any buses because further north the ridership may be hit or miss, but as I said before plenty of people that live in Westchester come down to get that bus.

I've taken buses where the loads were decent above Gun Hill Road, primarily the midday buses, and early AM to Manhattan. However, I refuse to believe that two stops contains the most ridership on that route. The routes only stop (besides the zoo)  in the Pelham Parkway section is on the bronx and pelham parkway proper (on both sides, technically it's the same throughfare so I'll group it as one). Then you have Williamsbridge and Allerton, which also get ridership (just like you mentioned). Ridership on the Gun Hill may or may not be similar to the portion, but that previous statement was an example as to why Pelham Parkway is not where most of the ridership base is from. This is my general conflict:

Yeah that may be the account several trips, but that still doesn't indicate where the majority of the ridership is coming. You're essentially stating that bus ridership north of Pelham Parkway is not as much as it is in the neighborhood and points south. If you were to compare ridership in the neighborhoods of Allerton, Williamsbridge, and Wakefield, it would definitely top that of the Pelham Parkway stop(s) and the Bronx Zoo, without a doubt in my mind. 

As for the whole snobby and ghetto stuff, I'm not gonna bother deciphering what you mean by that.

I've taken buses where the loads were decent above Gun Hill Road, primarily the midday buses, and early AM to Manhattan. However, I refuse to believe that two stops contains the most ridership on that route. The routes only stop (besides the zoo)  in the Pelham Parkway section is on the bronx and pelham parkway proper (on both sides, technically it's the same throughfare so I'll group it as one). Then you have Williamsbridge and Allerton, which also get ridership (just like you mentioned). Ridership on the Gun Hill may or may not be similar to the portion, but that previous statement was an example as to why Pelham Parkway is not where most of the ridership base is from. This is my general conflict:

Yeah that may be the account several trips, but that still doesn't indicate where the majority of the ridership is coming. You're essentially stating that bus ridership north of Pelham Parkway is not as much as it is in the neighborhood and points south. If you were to compare ridership in the neighborhoods of Allerton, Williamsbridge, and Wakefield, it would definitely top that of the Pelham Parkway stop(s) and the Bronx Zoo, without a doubt in my mind. 

As for the whole snobby and ghetto stuff, I'm not gonna bother deciphering what you mean by that.

Okay so here's a question for you... Since ridership isn't that hot from the Bronx Zoo and the Pelham Parkway area, why are they adding a new stop in the neighborhood AND making the Bronx Zoo stop a full-time stop?  Oh I know, just for the hell of it. <_< And on weekends all of the out of towners and Upper East Side people taking the BxM11 with their kids are certainly going past the Bronx Zoo and Pelham Parkway because those residential areas further north are just so dense and full of express bus riders...

Okay so here's a question for you... Since ridership isn't that hot from the Bronx Zoo and the Pelham Parkway area, why are they adding a new stop in the neighborhood AND making the Bronx Zoo stop a full-time stop?  Oh I know, just for the hell of it. <_< And on weekends all of the out of towners and Upper East Side people taking the BxM11 with their kids are certainly going past the Bronx Zoo and Pelham Parkway because those residential areas further north are just so dense and full of express bus riders...

First Off- It's technically not a new stop, The corresponding stop is made northbound, but not southbound to Manhattan. If anything, it gives current riders from the south more flexibility, instead of walking over to Parkway to Thwaites Place. 

Second Off-I never stated those out of towners are going north of the Pelham Parkway or anything, nor the people in the Upper East side. Sure there is ridership, you're just over exaggerating ridership from the Bronx Zoo and Pelham Parkway stops. You mean to tell me that Allerton, Williamsbridge, and Wakefield combined don't use the bus as much as the Pelham Parkway residents? If you say so, that's an outright lie, they wouldn't have all that service to begin with. 

First Off- It's technically not a new stop, The corresponding stop is made northbound, but not southbound to Manhattan. If anything, it gives current riders from the south more flexibility, instead of walking over to Parkway to Thwaites Place. 

Second Off-I never stated those out of towners are going north of the Pelham Parkway or anything, nor the people in the Upper East side. Sure there is ridership, you're just over exaggerating ridership from the Bronx Zoo and Pelham Parkway stops. You mean to tell me that Allerton, Williamsbridge, and Wakefield combined don't use the bus as much as the Pelham Parkway residents? If you say so, that's an outright lie, they wouldn't have all that service to begin with. 

I already told you what I saw and when I saw it and how long I rode the bus.  Riding for more than half a year should give one a good idea of usage.  During the winter months the Bronx Zoo stop is usually quiet but in season... I have seen a good 20 people get on that Southbound stop. I get the impression that there is growth right near the Bronx Zoo population wise. Have seen a lot of Asians moving in though they don't seem to use the express bus, but the impression I get is that the area right by the Bronx Zoo is fairly safe, offers a quick commute via the BxM11 and more people are moving there and taking advantage of the cheap rents and bigger spaces and thus the (MTA) is trying to capitalize on that. As for the stop being put back this article provides some perspective.  Think of it what you will but all indicators tell me that the people in Pelham Parkway use the bus, particularly the Thwaites stop.  During light usage it's usually the Thwaites stop that gives the BxM11 riders and based on what the article says and my observations it makes sense.  More riders in Pelham Parkway that use the bus to avoid the subway too, in addition to it being a quick ride.

http://www.bxtimes.com/stories/2012/34/34_bus_2012_08_23_bx.html

For what it's worth, the BxM10 has a similar set up.  I rode the bus for about 9 months all the way towards the end of the line.  Most usage is from the Albert Einstein stop (Morris Park Avenue and Eastchester Road because you have the campus there for the medical students and workers and you also have residents there and it's heavily advertised over the subway by Montefiore/Albert Einstein).  After that stop, the second biggest stop is Williamsbridge Rd and Morris Park Avenue.  North of the Morris Park Avenue and Eastchester Road, Mace and Eastchester up in Pelham Gardens is a big stop, and after that usage is usually light, though there is usage at Gun Hill and at Boston Rd, but those are hit or miss.  Same deal with the BxM11.  There's definitely enough ridership at the other stops, but each line has anchors and for the BxM11 it's the Thwaites stop southbound/Pelham Parkway stop Northbound.

On the BxM4 during the rush it's 158th and 165th and Grand Concourse (two big stops that are probably saving the BxM4), then after that stops at and above Fordham Rd (i.e. Bedford Park Blvd/Grand Concourse, Van Cortlandt Av East/Rochambeau Av, East 210 and Bainbridge, and then 233rd and Kepler, Katonah and 234th, 237th and 242nd have a stream of riders but not large amounts). Off-peak, it's usually Woodlawn that keeps the route afloat.  Usage at the other stops is really hit or miss.  This is why in some ways more gentrification along the Concourse is necessary in order for that route to remain because there needs to be more usage from stops outside of the rush from 158th, and 165th. The stops up near and above Bedford Park Blvd are also hit or miss outside of the rush.

I already told you what I saw and when I saw it and how long I rode the bus.  Riding for more than half a year should give one a good idea of usage.  During the winter months the Bronx Zoo stop is usually quiet but in season... I have seen a good 20 people get on that Southbound stop. I get the impression that there is growth right near the Bronx Zoo population wise. Have seen a lot of Asians moving in though they don't seem to use the express bus, but the impression I get is that the area right by the Bronx Zoo is fairly safe, offers a quick commute via the BxM11 and more people are moving there and taking advantage of the cheap rents and bigger spaces and thus the (MTA) is trying to capitalize on that. As for the stop being put back this article provides some perspective.  Think of it what you will but all indicators tell me that the people in Pelham Parkway use the bus, particularly the Thwaites stop.  During light usage it's usually the Thwaites stop that gives the BxM11 riders and based on what the article says and my observations it makes sense.  More riders in Pelham Parkway that use the bus to avoid the subway too, in addition to it being a quick ride.

The complaint of the stop was because the BxM11 path was changed to no longer serve that stop (before it's change in routing, it used to serve that stop), and it just made it plain inconvenient for those in the south. You may have seen twenty people disembark the bus there, no argue with that. That may have been the case on several trips. But do you think the majority of the BxM11 trips will have more than half of the ridership come from Pelham Parkway and South on a regular basis. You know well that the MTA doesn't want to provide service on buses that are generally hit or miss in terms of ridership, unless whatever depot the route is out of has a really strong union or some sort of political backup or combo. For the BxM11 though, I hardly doubt that is the situation.

If the majority of ridership was centered around that portion, do you know how much service the MTA would cut back on, weekdays and saturdays primarily? You can't argue both that ridership is not is lacking and can be hit or miss at the same time. They're not complete polar opposites, but they're two different stances on ridership, one being that service is generally lacking, and one being that there's times where it can have good ridership. It's either on or the other, but not both. That's like me saying that the Eltingivlle Transit Center stop on the X1 and X17 are more used than the whole other sections of the route, given that I've seen empty buses past ETC, and that there are many riders who use it as a park-n-ride. That's certainly not true at all. I wonder if the BxM6 has one particular stop where most of the total ridership is coming from (and that route only has 3 pickups/dropoffs in The Bronx).

I would agree with you if you solely stated that the bus stops has more people using it than the other stops individually, you may have a point there, and I'd be inclined to believe you. However, that is not the case, since you're stating that the bus stop has more people using it than the entire section north of it based on what you've been saying on this thread so far. With the tidbit on people coming from Westchester, I seriously doubt they reprsent any siginifcant percentage of the riders north of Pelham Parkway, I'm come on now. You mean to tell me that people in Wakefield and Willimasbridge just don't use the bus in significant amounts?

The complaint of the stop was because the BxM11 path was changed to no longer serve that stop (before it's change in routing, it used to serve that stop), and it just made it plain inconvenient for those in the south. You may have seen twenty people disembark the bus there, no argue with that. That may have been the case on several trips. But do you think the majority of the BxM11 trips will have more than half of the ridership come from Pelham Parkway and South on a regular basis. You know well that the MTA doesn't want to provide service on buses that are generally hit or miss in terms of ridership, unless whatever depot the route is out of has a really strong union or some sort of political backup or combo. For the BxM11 though, I hardly doubt that is the situation.

If the majority of ridership was centered around that portion, do you know how much service the MTA would cut back on, weekdays and saturdays primarily? You can't argue both that ridership is not is lacking and can be hit or miss at the same time. They're not complete polar opposites, but they're two different stances on ridership, one being that service is generally lacking, and one being that there's times where it can have good ridership. It's either on or the other, but not both. That's like me saying that the Eltingivlle Transit Center stop on the X1 and X17 are more used than the whole other sections of the route, given that I've seen empty buses past ETC, and that there are many riders who use it as a park-n-ride. That's certainly not true at all. I wonder if the BxM6 has one particular stop where most of the total ridership is coming from (and that route only has 3 pickups/dropoffs in The Bronx).

I would agree with you if you solely stated that the bus stops has more people using it than the other stops individually, you may have a point there, and I'd be inclined to believe you. However, that is not the case, since you're stating that the bus stop has more people using it than the entire section north of it based on what you've been saying on this thread so far.

For the last time I'm saying that the majority of the ridership comes from the Pelham Parkway NEIGHBORHOOD, and the biggest stop along the route is the second to last stop in both directions. The other neighborhoods see hit or miss ridership outside of the rush.  For what it's worth my old neighborhood had the same set up with the X30.  Most of the ridership on the X30 did NOT come from my neighborhood but from points further west.  That doesn't mean we didn't use the route, nor would the (MTA) cut the route back because it's still needed and used.  The (MTA) would not cut the northern portion of the BxM11unless it was absolutely abysmal (which is not the case) because it wouldn't be saying that much time.  It's better to just run it to the border and get whatever riders you get. When it's a lot great, and when it isn't it isn't. It all balances out and adds up just the same. 

I've been riding express buses for almost 10 years now practically every day. I think I'm competent enough to tell where the main ridership comes from on a route, especially when I use it for almost a year at various times.  It's not that difficult to figure out.  The BxM11 is like several express bus routes that have ridership clustered in areas with other areas chipping in with ridership along the way.

For the last time I'm saying that the majority of the ridership comes from the Pelham Parkway NEIGHBORHOOD, and the biggest stop along the route is the second to last stop in both directions. The other neighborhoods see hit or miss ridership outside of the rush.  For what it's worth my old neighborhood had the same set up with the X30.  Most of the ridership on the X30 did NOT come from my neighborhood but from points further west.  That doesn't mean we didn't use the route, nor would the (MTA) cut the route back because it's still needed and used.  The (MTA) would not cut the northern portion of the BxM11unless it was absolutely abysmal (which is not the case) because it wouldn't be saying that much time.  It's better to just run it to the border and get whatever riders you get. When it's a lot great, and when it isn't it isn't. It all balances out and adds up just the same. 

I've been riding express buses for almost 10 years now practically every day. I think I'm competent enough to tell where the main ridership comes from on a route, especially when I use it for almost a year at various times.  It's not that difficult to figure out.  The BxM11 is like several express bus routes that have ridership clustered in areas with other areas chipping in with ridership along the way.

You can keep going and going with the zoo and pelham parkway. You know the service wouldn't be the same, because you yourself mentioned a decrease in headway without the zoo. In addition, if buses are empty from the zoo/pelham parkway, unless you're new here with how the MTA works, you know what that means. They aren't gonna overserve an area like that for nothing. You know very well if the route is empty north with 30 minute headways, they're gonna increase the time to every 60 minutes on Saturdays, and decrease rush hour service north of the Parkway. Why would they have a bus running every 30 minutes like that. It ain't for no coverage, and you know that's for damn sure.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34293-queens-bus-proposalsideas-thread/page-397?do=findComment&comment=814166

The matter is, something's got to give. But hey, don't take it from me, take it from the two other people who said the same thing, more or less. Appearently they're not being overserved, because the ridership has other purposes.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34293-queens-bus-proposalsideas-thread/?p=814155

AND is not where the main ridership is from (in which I myself mentioned the very same thing)

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/46090-the-need-for-better-bus-service/?p=797375

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/44031-bronx-bus-proposalsideas-thread/?p=823810

Two other people have the same opinion as me more or less, and nobody is here to support your claim. You can keep screaming, bawling, shouting, whatever that main ridership comes from the Pelham Parkway NEIGHBORHOOD, but quite frankly, it doesn't come from the Pelham Parkway NEIGHBORHOOD. You can try to weasel yourself out of this. Riding express buses for 10 years means to me absolutely nothing if you keep going on the same (incorrect) statements. Quite frankly, I would in fact agree with relying on Stevie Wonder's statements on the BxM11 rather than your talk of the Pelham Parkway NEIGHBORHOOD.

It's okay to be wrong, we all make mistakes (nobody's perfect). Have I made inaccurate statements, sure. On this board, numerous times. I manage to state why my reason behind that was. I don't try to force it down everyone I meet. It's one thing to refute, but it's another thing to "ride or die" with it even if you're right or wrong. Sorry homie/"G" but a fact is a fact, and that is not going to change.  If you have a legitimate claim in which you can specifically prove the three of us wrong, do so. Otherwise, this is getting quite dull for me, and I seriously don't want to continue this any further than what it has to (I mean it already has, technically). I hope to hear your response.

You can keep going and going with the zoo and pelham parkway. You know the service wouldn't be the same, because you yourself mentioned a decrease in headway without the zoo. In addition, if buses are empty from the zoo/pelham parkway, unless you're new here with how the MTA works, you know what that means. They aren't gonna overserve an area like that for nothing. You know very well if the route is empty north with 30 minute headways, they're gonna increase the time to every 60 minutes on Saturdays, and decrease rush hour service north of the Parkway. Why would they have a bus running every 30 minutes like that. It ain't for no coverage, and you know that's for damn sure.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34293-queens-bus-proposalsideas-thread/page-397?do=findComment&comment=814166

The matter is, something's got to give. But hey, don't take it from me, take it from the two other people who said the same thing, more or less. Appearently they're not being overserved, because the ridership has other purposes.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34293-queens-bus-proposalsideas-thread/?p=814155

AND is not where the main ridership is from (in which I myself mentioned the very same thing)

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/46090-the-need-for-better-bus-service/?p=797375

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/44031-bronx-bus-proposalsideas-thread/?p=823810

Two other people have the same opinion as me more or less, and nobody is here to support your claim. You can keep screaming, bawling, shouting, whatever that main ridership comes from the Pelham Parkway NEIGHBORHOOD, but quite frankly, it doesn't come from the Pelham Parkway NEIGHBORHOOD. You can try to weasel yourself out of this. Riding express buses for 10 years means to me absolutely nothing if you keep going on the same (incorrect) statements. Quite frankly, I would in fact agree with relying on Stevie Wonder's statements on the BxM11 rather than your talk of the Pelham Parkway NEIGHBORHOOD.

It's okay to be wrong, we all make mistakes (nobody's perfect). Have I made inaccurate statements, sure. On this board, numerous times. I manage to state why my reason behind that was. I don't try to force it down everyone I meet. It's one thing to refute, but it's another thing to "ride or die" with it even if you're right or wrong. Sorry homie/"G" but a fact is a fact, and that is not going to change.  If you have a legitimate claim in which you can specifically prove the three of us wrong, do so. Otherwise, this is getting quite dull for me, and I seriously don't want to continue this any further than what it has to (I mean it already has, technically). I hope to hear your response.

I stand by my statement based on what I saw.  I said that usage OUTSIDE of rush hour is hit or miss past Pelham Parkway and I feel just comfortable with that having used the route for several months since it doesn't imply that the route isn't used but rather that sometimes you have riders and sometimes you don't.  In other words ridership fluctuates.  You don't really have two other people because Q43 didn't say that he ever even used the route and B35 stated that the route was used, which I don't disagree with.  We just disagree about which areas use the route more and that's fine.  We ride the route at different times and based on what I've seen I'm comfortable with my conclusion. 

I'd make much more progress talking to a brick wall, so I'm not even bother.

While this is more of a cosmetic change the Bx28/38 schedule was changed to show the combined Bx28/38 service together rather than having the Bx28 and 38 listed separately. Why wasn't it like that the whole time?

IIRC, didn't the schedules uave that setup initially.

Why because I don't agree with your conclusion? Big deal.  For what it's worth I'd be more inclined to agree with B35 over you.  He tends to ride buses quite a bit before coming to conclusions.  You on the other hand, how often have you actually used the BxM11 to come to your conclusion?  I have used that line for actual commuting, not to fan it and take pics, and did so for months.

IIRC, didn't the schedules uave that setup initially.

Why because I don't agree with your conclusion? Big deal.  For what it's worth I'd be more inclined to agree with B35 over you.  He tends to ride buses quite a bit before coming to conclusions.  You on the other hand, how often have you actually used the BxM11 to come to your conclusion?  I have used that line for actual commuting, not to fan it and take pics, and did so for months.

Dang, first it was you and checkmatechamp years ago, now BM5.

You all need to get a room.

Archived