Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

22 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

On another note, got my cpap machine today, time to start using it tonight, and hopefully before the end of august ill be called in again

Bro this shit suuuuucks. I've slept on my stomach all my damn life and you can no longer do that when you get on the cpap. Gotta sleep on your back... side as well, if you can make it happen. Feel like a dollar general Bane every time I set this shit up to go to sleep lol I hate it but gotta do it to become compliant. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ronZO215 said:

Bro this shit suuuuucks. I've slept on my stomach all my damn life and you can no longer do that when you get on the cpap. Gotta sleep on your back... side as well, if you can make it happen. Feel like a dollar general Bane every time I set this shit up to go to sleep lol I hate it but gotta do it to become compliant.

You should sleep on your side, that's the best thing. I've also always slept on my stomach until I found out the health issues it can cause.

41 minutes ago, Milano said:

You should sleep on your side, that's the best thing. I've also always slept on my stomach until I found out the health issues it can cause.

Yea, crazy how doing something so simple can create problems like that. For me, side sleep is more of a nuisance than on my back... prob bc the side of the mask(where the tubing connects to the mask) hits the pillow or bed and makes it sound louder than it should be. 

On 6/17/2022 at 12:30 PM, Moe23 said:

They moved you quick, I’m still waiting from when I took my pre employment / drug test back in the end of April my list number is 57xx . Did they only call you or did they text, email, or send a letter as well?

They called and left a message then called right back and spoke with a lady saying next is a phone interview to tell me next steps

On 6/19/2022 at 10:14 AM, Comrade96 said:

To anyone who's used the cpap machine for 30 days, whats the procedure for sending transit the cpap data? how does it work

All the data gets automatically stored into your CPAP. You're gonna have to wait to be called for medical again to show the MTA Dr the report you can print out once you do get called back. 

On 4/30/2022 at 4:01 PM, Watato said:

I renewed my number but someone from NYCT said that my name would appear the next time dcas send them over a list. Does anyone know how often this happens? Is it possible I can get in for this upcoming class?

How did you get your name reinstated? I've emailed LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov twice over 2 weeks and still no response.

On 7/1/2022 at 1:03 PM, thegameksk said:

How did you get your name reinstated? I've emailed LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov twice over 2 weeks and still no response.

Took me over a month to get my reinstatement letter. Gotta wait it out. 

4 hours ago, ronZO215 said:

Took me over a month to get my reinstatement letter. Gotta wait it out. 

Now I'm confused.  They replied that I'm still on the list and was never taking off yet Livingston told me last month I was taking off

20 minutes ago, Milano said:

Someone a few list numbers after me got called for fingerprints - should I reach out to MTA and check that I didn't miss any notices?

You can try giving them a call tomorrow and get/seek clarification from 180 Livingston street. I did that when going in for train operator from conductor last year... doesn't hurt to seek clarification. If you don't have the numbers let me know and I hook you up with phone numbers for 180 Livingston.

10 hours ago, Schecter said:

You can try giving them a call tomorrow and get/seek clarification from 180 Livingston street. I did that when going in for train operator from conductor last year... doesn't hurt to seek clarification. If you don't have the numbers let me know and I hook you up with phone numbers for 180 Livingston.

If you could send those numbers over that'd be great, thank you.  🙏