Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, BigMike85 said:

If the number falls out of the acceptable range they stop your process and tell you to get a sleep study on your own time and dime.

If this does happen to anyone, I have a solution to "speed up" the process:

Back in June of 2017, a former member posted in this post information regarding someone who does sleep studies without going through their Primary Care Physician (PCP) or your health insurance or anything to that nature. I just gave them a phone call on behalf of my "friend," and, for $800, it is a minimum of three [3] sessions to see if you have sleep apnea or not. If not, they will give you a note which you can take straight to the MAC (Medical Assessment Center) to have your Medical Hold cleared.

In the event the link breaks, here is the information:

Dr. Kala Sury, MD

270 9th Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11215

(718) 965 0708

Now don't feel bad if you're initially diagnosed with sleep apnea. While going through the Bus Operator hiring process for the first time, I was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy in my legs. However, after seeing a neurologist, in addition to testing, I was re-diagnosed with muscle spasm in my legs, in which treatment consists of "stretching" on a regular basis. Therefore, you're probably and not the only one who has been mis-diagnosed by these folks.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Hello what's your list number if you don't me asking. Mines in the 77## range and I recently got confirmation that I passed the OPA back in September. Just trying to guage where they at for pre employment. Thanks again 

Around the same list number 77## did OPA 09/15 been radio silence since then. I’m trying to stay patient and optimistic 😮💨😩 

3 hours ago, BigMike85 said:

Alexx - to be more clear the NYCT does not test for sleep apnea.  The doctor takes a tape measure and pretty much strangles you in the pursuit of finding out the circumference of your neck.  If the number falls out of the acceptable range they stop your process and tell you to get a sleep study on your own time and dime.  If you have sleep apnea then your doctor will prescribe you a CPAP machine and I believe after 30 days of continued use provide the results to the MTA which shows your sleep apnea is under treatment and then you'll jump back into the process.

I THINK the threshold is 17", so If I was you I'd do two things.  Get on a fitness plan which will result in weight-loss and a smaller neck size plus see your own doctor to get a sleep study.  If your neck size is already 17" or more you're already ahead of the game and wont delay your process. 

Ohhhh, nice, sounds like i'll be fine. My neck is very small, I'm a small guy overall, just beer belly.

Seems I won't even be on the consideration list of theirs for apnea, LOL. I thought they took the whole ekg test or whatever, determined by whatever factors like body mass, weight/height/etc.

Just now, alexx said:

Ohhhh, nice, sounds like i'll be fine. My neck is very small, I'm a small guy overall, just beer belly.

Seems I won't even be on the consideration list of theirs for apnea, LOL. I thought they took the whole ekg test or whatever, determined by whatever factors like body mass, weight/height/etc.

They're taking all those tests, but for apnea they're only looking at your neck.

3 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Hello what's your list number if you don't me asking. Mines in the 77## range and I recently got confirmation that I passed the OPA back in September. Just trying to guage where they at for pre employment. Thanks again 

I didn't get a confirmation that I've passed OPA but I already got called in for the pre employment process and my number is under yours.. Haha, how does that work?

4 minutes ago, alexx said:

I didn't get a confirmation that I've passed OPA but I already got called in for the pre employment process and my number is under yours.. Haha, how does that work?

@Mohamed call olha And tell her that people with list #  after yours are being called for pre-employment and you would like to check on your status.   You'll find her phone number in this thread if you search through it.

31 minutes ago, alexx said:

That's great to hear for you my friend, I'm staying positive, maybe soon they will send me that email 👍🙏

27 minutes ago, Milano said:

@Mohamed call olha And tell her that people with list #  after yours are being called for pre-employment and you would like to check on your status.   You'll find her phone number in this thread if you search through it.

Thanks Milano, I'll give her a call tomorrow morning 👍

1 hour ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Around the same list number 77## did OPA 09/15 been radio silence since then. I’m trying to stay patient and optimistic 😮💨😩 

Yea I did mine the same time too, Maybe will see each other one day down at Livingston coming in for pre employment 🙏👍

Thanks for the tips, I called the main recruitment center for my OPA results and they said I've passed.. Never received any email anywhere or text/call .. They do have the correct contact info... Now back to the waiting game but glad there is hope again!!!

11 minutes ago, alexx said:

Thanks for the tips, I called the main recruitment center for my OPA results and they said I've passed.. Never received any email anywhere or text/call .. They do have the correct contact info... Now back to the waiting game but glad there is hope again!!!

Can you please share the number...would like to know if I passed the opa as well...I we t on December 12 for the opa thanks in advance 

13 minutes ago, alexx said:

That's good to hear my friend 🙏

1 minute ago, Comrade96 said:

Dont worry about passing  the OPA, 10 times out of 10 unless youve NEVER spoken english in your life, you passed it 

100% this!  Also to add if you have common sense you can pass the second part where the person shows you pictures and asks you "what would you do?" or "what is happening here?"  Don't sweat the OPA it's a formality and NOT TO BE RUDE - some of the people that work down here their English isn't really too good and they have the job.

Got some new news.. they've basically caught up as far as conductors go. Pretty much full.. a few retirement coming etc. They are pushing for April 2023 as far as a next class for any conductor class,which means if you did pre employment on December 5th or 6th expect to go back or not go back in March due to the fact they will be requesting a new list from DCAS. Which means all the people that restored there names successfully are right back in front...Now idk how quickly dcas can get them that list before April

(I heard it takes at least 6 months) But if you haven't done pre- employment by now chances are give up hope.. if you have done pre employment ig keep the faith lol

List is still good until 2-14-2024 thou ig ..but yea there about to restart the list over basically 😒

Edited by Immortal11

12 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

Got some new news.. they've basically caught up as far as conductors go. Pretty much full.. a few retirement coming etc. They are pushing for April 2023 as far as a next class for any conductor class,which means if you did pre employment on December 5th or 6th expect to go back or not go back in March due to the fact they will be requesting a new list from DCAS. Which means all the people that restored there names successfully are right back in front...Now idk how quickly dcas can get them that list before April

(I heard it takes at least 6 months) But if you haven't done pre- employment by now chances are give up hope.. if you have done pre employment ig keep the faith lol

List is still good until 2-14-2024 thou ig ..but yea there about to restart the list over basically 😒

Welp I did pre-employment on Dec 9th,hoping I do my medical before March but that's looking unlikely smh.Still got hope tho

39 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

I wouldn't believe this....not the first time similar message like this is given...if they extended the list it means they no where near full capacity 

1 hour ago, Elvis Gonzalez said:

I wouldn't believe this....not the first time similar message like this is given...if they extended the list it means they no where near full capacity 

You also have to realize that there are two conductor promotional exams they have and a brand new OC one filing in june, I wouldnt dismiss jt. And if the restoration of the DCAS list is true then theres a lot of backlog from those people