Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 12/23/2022 at 5:55 PM, Harlem said:

Does anyone know if DCAS still manages this list? The last time Transit asked for a certified list was in March. IS there a way to find out when the people who restored their names to the list might be called. It seems unfair to have us wait so long. 

If you were to look at this webpage, the last certification from DCAS (Dept. of Citywide Administrative Services) for the titles of Bus Operator, Conductor and Track Worker was back on August 10th, 2022. In addition, if you look at this page, there was a TA Bus Operator class in December of 2022. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, the answer is no.

With that said, is anyone interested in complaining about this? If so, send me a Private Message (PM) and we will take it from there.

Happy Holidays!!

Edited by +Young+
Typographical correction

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

If you were to look at this webpage, the last certification from DCAS (Dept. of Citywide Administrative Services) for the titles of Bus Operator, Conductor and Track Worker was back on August 10th, 2022. In addition, if you look at this page, there was a TA Bus Operator class in December of 2022. Therefore, if I had to take an educated guess, the answer is no.

With that said, is anyone interesting in complaining about this? If so, send me a Private Message (PM) and we will take it from there.

Happy Holidays!!

Sorry. The page you're referencing seems to contradict your answer. Did you read the info carefully? According to the webpage you referenced the last certification for Conductor was April 4th 2022. 

2 hours ago, Harlem said:

Sorry. The page you're referencing seems to contradict your answer. Did you read the info carefully? According to the webpage you referenced the last certification for Conductor was April 4th 2022. 

Although this is correct, as I previously stated, as of this typing, the last certification for the titles of Bus Operator, Conductor and Track Worker was back on August 10, 2022.

Happy Holidays!!

On 12/21/2022 at 8:43 PM, Comrade96 said:

navy works well for pants, light blue for shirts. I do recommend buying multiple pants and shirts because the uniform will take a while to come in

Thanks! Also since class is in January, will a sweater/coat be needed as well to purchase? 

My class is on January 9, is there anything I should be reading or studying to get a heads up on any quizzes/tests from the “Rules and Regulation” book? That way I can start studying now. 

20 minutes ago, zero3012 said:

Thanks! Also since class is in January, will a sweater/coat be needed as well to purchase? 

My class is on January 9, is there anything I should be reading or studying to get a heads up on any quizzes/tests from the “Rules and Regulation” book? That way I can start studying now. 

If you want to keep warm yes, youll eventually be given uniform for the winter but for now get navy blue sweaters and coats, make sure its not too big

Yes study the rule book that right there is your bread and butter

On 11/26/2022 at 3:07 PM, SweetTart59 said:

They didn't fail pre employment. You take a drug test during pre employment that expires in 90 days. If they don't get to your number before the 90 days is up it expires and you must do pre employment again 

I just got recently called again for pre employment because my 90 day expired do i have to bring back in the same paper work or i don't because they have copies of it already? Im nervous to not show up with anything but i don't remember everything i put on my last application 

1 hour ago, Nyhoneydip said:

I just got recently called again for pre employment because my 90 day expired do i have to bring back in the same paper work or i don't because they have copies of it already? Im nervous to not show up with anything but i don't remember everything i put on my last application 

Lol you're making this too easy.

Your old one is outdated. You need to do the whole thing over

It's not just the drug test that expires, the paperwork does too.

Edited by Milano

Hello, I'll like to ask what are the chances of getting called back if they made you go in for the pre employment and you filled in everything no problem and know for sure of a clean drug test? 

Sorry about the question about since i'm patient but just wanted to throw it in there... What I mainly want to ask is if someone gets hired, when and how should they ask and/or bring up dates that they know they won't be able to attend? I have a extremely important wedding to attend that is out of country, will there be any way to get that week off and able to attend if I already know the exact dates I need?

13 minutes ago, alexx said:

Hello, I'll like to ask what are the chances of getting called back if they made you go in for the pre employment and you filled in everything no problem and know for sure of a clean drug test? 

Sorry about the question about since i'm patient but just wanted to throw it in there... What I mainly want to ask is if someone gets hired, when and how should they ask and/or bring up dates that they know they won't be able to attend? I have a extremely important wedding to attend that is out of country, will there be any way to get that week off and able to attend if I already know the exact dates I need?

Transit doesn't care about your schedule. People wait for trains, trains don't wait for people.

You could probably delay an appointment, yes .. But that doesn't obligate them to ever call you again. Once they have enough people, they're done.

Now - if you know when the next classes are .. you should be able to know about when you can be called. That information might help you figure out what you can be here for.

Edited by Milano

51 minutes ago, alexx said:

If you read the previous page, someone mentioned they were called for medical for the 1/9 class with a list #700X range. So if you're anywhere near that, I would buy your plane tickets now if you haven't already, because that would be the only way they would excuse you during your time in schoolcar. Mind you, if it's more than a week, they may not accept that and you'll have to resign and wait for the next class if there is one.

4 hours ago, nirv78 said:

I went to medicals and they put me on hold for some sleep apnea testing and ridiculously slightly off EKG. The class is scheduled for Jan 9 and I don’t think I’m gonna make it…. This is ridiculous. Anyone have any input what happens if I miss the class??

You make the next class.  Or sign up for the next test in June. I think you'll keep a little seniority if that's any solace. The way I read it, every class is above the next in seniority, but if you were called for a previous class and didn't make it, you'll be senior to the people within your next class.

Edited by Milano

6 hours ago, nirv78 said:

I went to medicals and they put me on hold for some sleep apnea testing and ridiculously slightly off EKG. The class is scheduled for Jan 9 and I don’t think I’m gonna make it…. This is ridiculous. Anyone have any input what happens if I miss the class??

well being put on medical hold means you aren't making that class, they want to see a 30 day result from the cpap machine

Try and get that machine asap,  there still may be a national shortage because there was one when I had to get it

you have a 3 month window to get it before your medical expires 

On 12/31/2022 at 4:43 AM, Milano said:

You make the next class.  Or sign up for the next test in June. I think you'll keep a little seniority if that's any solace. The way I read it, every class is above the next in seniority, but if you were called for a previous class and didn't make it, you'll be senior to the people within your next class.

Unfortunately his seniority won't be saved at all. Had a classmate who got called in the 1000s years ago and needed to take a sleep apnea test as well. Long story short he was in my induction class and he had the same seniority has everybody else. 

3 minutes ago, Apes said:

Unfortunately his seniority won't be saved at all. Had a classmate who got called in the 1000s years ago and needed to take a sleep apnea test as well. Long story short he was in my induction class and he had the same seniority has everybody else. 

Yea, Milano said as much. His lower digit list number will still afford him to be at the top of the class he ends up in.

On 12/24/2022 at 8:08 PM, +Young+ said:

Although this is correct, as I previously stated, as of this typing, the last certification for the titles of Bus Operator, Conductor and Track Worker was back on August 10, 2022.

Happy Holidays!!

Good morning @+Young+  and happy new year. Much prosperity and strength in 2023. Got a question. I noticed that there are list extension updates for every exam except this one. Will the TA extend this list until 2024 meanwhile there’s a possible open competitive exam that could be scheduled as soon as June or July 2023 with an early 2024 test date? 

4 hours ago, Future ENY OP said:

Good morning @+Young+  and happy new year. Much prosperity and strength in 2023. Got a question. I noticed that there are list extension updates for every exam except this one. Will the TA extend this list until 2024 meanwhile there’s a possible open competitive exam that could be scheduled as soon as June or July 2023 with an early 2024 test date? 

What Transit wants to do is anyone's guess. What we do know is there is a promotional exam set to take place at the end of the month, another application for promotion to conductor in May, and an open competitive application in June. So they may just decide to let this exam expire on February 14, 2023 as stated on DCAS and wait for the certified list to be released for the upcoming exams.

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

What Transit wants to do is anyone's guess. What we do know is there is a promotional exam set to take place at the end of the month, another application for promotion to conductor in May, and an open competitive application in June. So they may just decide to let this exam expire on February 14, 2023 as stated on DCAS and wait for the certified list to be released for the upcoming exams.

If they let the test expire on 2/14/23. That sucks for the people that are in the 8000's and 9000's like myself..  I know that personnel has stated they are in the 7000's on this list.  Personally, transit needs to get out of DCAS with regards to handling the test and handle their own testing.

4 minutes ago, Future ENY OP said:

If they let the test expire on 2/14/23. That sucks for the people that are in the 8000's and 9000's like myself..  I know that personnel has stated they are in the 7000's on this list.  Personally, transit needs to get out of DCAS with regards to handling the test and handle their own testing.

Someone has to say it. If you're in the seven or eight thousands, you never should have been hired. Thank covid for the opportunity. I'm not even sure I should have been hired.  (5000s) A new list means better candidates with better scores, potentially. 

Edited by Milano