The (5) and (B) trains worst in the city

R3216068E

if the (7)  is suppose to have more frequent service, why do i still have to wait 10-15 min everyday for a manhattan bound train yet the trains to flushing run back to back almost?

I had to wait for the (7) almost 20 mins a few weeks ago at Grand Central just to go two stops to Times Square to the point were I just decided to take the Shuttle.

I agree with their assessment on the (B); it seems to come at whatever random time on an erratic schedule.

But the (5) isn't *that* bad, especially compared to the (6). I'd like to blame the R62As for the (6)'s service deteriorating but the (1) as a whole manages quite well (relatively) with them.

That's because the (1) has consisted with the R62As since their beginning. I don't understand the logic to continue to point fingers at the R62A ruining the (6) line since they've ran on the (6) before and for years I've heard countless times how Westchester has treated the R142As like trash.

I don't agree with the results either. The (7) while might be one of the best it isn't the top best. The (5) I really have no strong opinion on because I don't use it all the time. From what I have used I feel like the (R) can be a little unreliable at times the (G) is too infrequent and crowds often which is another story in itself and the (C) from when I used it always shows up packed like a can. I really can't come up with a route that has the worst service and reliability because any line is subject to delays.

This is true. No subway line is always perfect. Anything can happen.

- Can't speak on the 5... I haven't taken that line in at least a year....

- The B though, I take once or twice a week now coming home (LIRR -> walk to F at sutphin, B at 47-50th).... Took it tonight as a matter of fact.

Got lucky & the train had just pulled in, seconds after my F did.... Which was good, because IDK wtf was up w/ the F tonight; shit stalled at parsons for 13 mins, union tpke for another 7 (so much so that I seriously thought about getting off & taking the Q60 to the Q (at QBP).... Anyway, tonight, the t/o (on the B) breezed through manhattan, but started crawling in brooklyn - so it amounted to an average ride, timewise from rockefeller ctr. to church....

Normally, when I get off the F & the B isn't there, it ranges anywhere from a 10-15 min wait on most occasions.... In that timeframe, I expect to see a combination of anywhere b/w 6-8 M's & F's (not counting the F I'd done got off), and two D's before the B would finally pull in.... When it's worse than 15 mins (or I'm just not in the mood to wait anywhere around 10 mins.), I leave the station (48th st exit) & walk along 48th to the express bus stop for the BM's right on the corner of 48th/5th (which is what I did yesterday).....

Long story short, I don't remember the brighton express being this bad....

I don't know about the worst in the city, but the B has most definitely gotten worse over the years.... And I have no idea what attributes to it....

That's because B is Local North of 59St meanwhile D is always Exp.

What point are you trying to make? That's been how service is set up w/ the 2 lines.....

If you're implicating that making B's a CPW express would change matters much, I direct you to any of the posts on here that mentions the amount of timers along the CPW express (Here's an Excellent one for reference)..... The difference is, you would be sharing trackage with the A instead of the C.... The B would actually be worse off anyway, as the A is more frequent than the C (although at times it doesn't seem like it, but that's another discussion for another time w/ the A)....

Yay, another useless report that points out the bleeding obvious. Of course the 5 sucks in terms of reliability and the chance of getting a seat. It's a Lexington Ave service; it comes with the territory. If you'll notice, the 4 and 6 aren't much better either. Until the Lex gets some kind of help, that's not going to change any time soon.

Also, another thing that's really annoying me is their methodology of incorporating the announcements into the score. If a line uses new tech trains, it's almost guaranteed to get a perfect score for that section. I'm sure it was a novel concept in 2000 when the 142s were introduced, but now with over half the subway using new tech trains, not so much. Not that anyone there will pay attention to this, but I suggest that for lines with automated announcements, those lines are scored on how informative the conductor announcements are and how many times (s)he spams the "delayed by train traffic" canned recording before coming on with some real information. I feel that would be a much better indicator than how Strappies does it now.

What point are you trying to make? That's been how service is set up w/ the 2 lines.....

If you're implicating that making B's a CPW express would change matters much, I direct you to any of the posts on here that mentions the amount of timers along the CPW express (Here's an Excellent one for reference)..... The difference is, you would be sharing trackage with the A instead of the C.... The B would actually be worse off anyway, as the A is more frequent than the C (although at times it doesn't seem like it, but that's another discussion for another time w/ the A)....

That's the reason for long waiting on B because its loc above 59St.

I feel that the (B) comes more frequent than the (D) at times. The (D) is pretty slow, even on the express segments.

That's the reason for long waiting on B because its loc above 59St.

Being local doesn't mean much, tbh, unless you're on the QBL or other similar lines. If that was the case, the (7) would take a long time because it is local east of Queensboro Plaza.

I find most of the (B) delays to be caused by incidents that happen along CPW, and the midday GO's rather than because it's local north of 59. It also depends on the headway as well.

Actually, the (D) is so slower than the (B). A ton of times at any express/local station on the CPW line, I see the (A) train a few times before the (D) shows up.

As for the (5), I knew it. It's always overcrowded (agreeing on Lance's point). Also clearly shows that not always New Techs can solve anything. <_<

Actually, the (D) is so slower than the (B). A ton of times at any express/local station on the CPW line, I see the (A) train a few times before the (D) shows up.

As for the (5), I knew it. It's always overcrowded (agreeing on Lance's point). Also clearly shows that not always New Techs can solve anything. <_<

No its the other way around for the (B) and (D) for someone who lives by CPW.

But when it comes to evening/late night service, the (D) Train is better than the (A) especially when both lines are supposed to be every 20 minutes but yet the (A) will be delayed alot.

Archived