Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

FYI everyone!!! I just got a call from MTA an automated message saying i should receive a letter in the mail soon for pre-employment.  My name has been reached on the list. It Also said if I do not receive the letter I should still report to MTA Thursday January 23rd to start the process. Yayyyyyy 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EgyptianEyez said:

FYI everyone!!! I just got a call from MTA an automated message saying i should receive a letter in the mail soon for pre-employment.  My name has been reached on the list. It Also said if I do not receive the letter I should still report to MTA Thursday January 23rd to start the process. Yayyyyyy 

I got the same message. Have to report Friday. Looks like the prediction about immediately following the holidays was correct!

Congrats on you guys finally getting the call. I haven’t kept of with this thread in a while like I use to. I’ll try to do a better job going forward. But it’s a new year, so there should be plenty of classes coming up. When I got hired back in 2006, it was in January as well. And they had continuous classes every two weeks or every month for 2 years. I wouldn’t say they’d be on a hiring spree like that now. Especially with how many agents there are working now compared to when I started. Back then there was 4300 agents employed, now I believe there’s roughly 2800 working. And Transit doesn’t go much higher than that amount anymore. Anyway good luck with the hiring process. It’s very grueling so be mentally prepared for it. And also if anyone has any questions please feel free to inbox me. Have a great day. 

1 minute ago, SeanH525 said:

List number is 127*. They were last up to 1214. And I’m going in for this Friday, though I haven’t received the packet yet which sucks lol. Filling it out there would not be ideal.

You won’t receive the packet until after your first trip to pre-employment, and hopefully not your last time. They give you the packet to fill out at home and have ready the second visit you make. You have to go to the social security office and get a print of your complete work history. Any criminal background information, outstanding summonses, parking ticket, moving violations(if the title requires it), complete school history, and anything else they ask for in the 20 page packet. I’d suggest you start curatting some of that information now. 

5 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

List number is 127*. They were last up to 1214. And I’m going in for this Friday, though I haven’t received the packet yet which sucks lol. Filling it out there would not be ideal.

Okay so if all things go well you should definitely be in the next class. Whenever that should be. Mines is 146* so i still have a lil wait. Hopefully not a long wait. I'm wondering how many classes they approved and how many ppl they're looking to hire asap. Goodluck and keep us posted. 

6 minutes ago, WillBx-Supervisor said:

You won’t receive the packet until after your first trip to pre-employment, and hopefully not your last time. They give you the packet to fill out at home and have ready the second visit you make. You have to go to the social security office and get a print of your complete work history. Any criminal background information, outstanding summonses, parking ticket, moving violations(if the title requires it), complete school history, and anything else they ask for in the 20 page packet. I’d suggest you start curatting some of that information now. 

That all depends on transita budget for the quarter, and how many people they forecast to retire or promote to other titles. There’s still two years left to hire from this current list. But as I suggested to the previous poster, start getting all your pertinent information together now. So you’re not scrambling to get it together once called in. 

8 minutes ago, WillBx-Supervisor said:

That all depends on transita budget for the quarter, and how many people they forecast to retire or promote to other titles. There’s still two years left to hire from this current list. But as I suggested to the previous poster, start getting all your pertinent information together now. So you’re not scrambling to get it together once called in. 

Thanks, I'm going to get my printout tomorrow  or friday. I still have the packet from the last time i went in for pre-employment. 

28 minutes ago, WillBx-Supervisor said:

I’m referring to the packet with the employment history and school history, etc. the one you fill out to bring in with your diploma, SS card, etc. The other, larger packet I still have from the last time. That is the one you receive in the brown envelope, which is the one I think you’re referring to. I filled it out already so luckily all I’ll have to do now is copy it onto the new one. That makes me happy.

22 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Okay so if all things go well you should definitely be in the next class. Whenever that should be. Mines is 146* so i still have a lil wait. Hopefully not a long wait. I'm wondering how many classes they approved and how many ppl they're looking to hire asap. Goodluck and keep us posted. 

I’m assuming within the next two classes. I know I’m passing a drug test, and I’ve only ever been arrested one time, which was a DAT that got ACD’d. So besides grabbing that disposition from the court house, I think I should be good to go. I’ll keep everyone posted.

1 hour ago, SeanH525 said:

I’m referring to the packet with the employment history and school history, etc. the one you fill out to bring in with your diploma, SS card, etc. The other, larger packet I still have from the last time. That is the one you receive in the brown envelope, which is the one I think you’re referring to. I filled it out already so luckily all I’ll have to do now is copy it onto the new one. That makes me happy.

I’m assuming within the next two classes. I know I’m passing a drug test, and I’ve only ever been arrested one time, which was a DAT that got ACD’d. So besides grabbing that disposition from the court house, I think I should be good to go. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Hey i just spoke to Mrs Watson from MTA. She said that they do have vacancies at the moment. She told me that if you got the call than you should've gotten an email too and to check the spam. So i did as she said and yup it was in my spam. The email have a copy of the application so print it out just in case you dont get in time for Friday. I truly forgot to ask her about the classes ughh. 

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, EgyptianEyez said:

I know someone who list #1290 and was sworn in today for the February 3rd class and they also have a Feb 17th class too. I did pre-employment yesterday for the 2nd time hope i get called back for one of those classes.  

I don’t think that list number could be accurate, only because I was there a week ago for the drug test and never got an email to come back. And I’m 100% positive that my drug test is clean lol. For reference, I’m 127*.

Edited by SeanH525

11 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I don’t think that list number could be accurate, only because I was there a week ago for the drug test and never got an email to come back. And I’m 100% positive that my drug test is clean lol. For reference, I’m 127*.

I think she's not being honest about her list number because when i looked it up its a man with that number. Why lie tho? Its a friend of a friend 

Just now, EgyptianEyez said:

I think she's not being honest about her list number because when i looked it up its a man with that number. Why lie tho? Its a friend of a friend 

Maybe she meant 1219? I spoke with Ms. Watson on Wednesday, and she said they were currently up to 1218. With that being said, the class date of 2/3 is definitely accurate because she also said that. I didn’t know about 2/17 though. That’s great if they keep it up at that pace for the next couple of months.

2 minutes ago, Thediz1 said:

I got there at 7:30 and left about 4 o clock. Ihad on blue jeans and blue & white plaid shirt.

Left at 4. See thats why i don't play about getting there early. Got there at 6:40. They let us upstairs at 7:00am and was number 12. Got out at 9:40.  What's your list #

Hey everyone, just a quick update. I’m going in for final processing tomorrow. If all goes well I will be in the 2/17 class.

A little nervous about the background check only because I have one previous job that was off the books. I was there for over 6 months (delivery driver). I wrote in my booklet that it was off the books too because I know they won’t find it with SS#. But I know the city generally doesn’t look too kindly on off the books jobs, and I already included it in the preemployment packet.

14 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

Hey everyone, just a quick update. I’m going in for final processing tomorrow. If all goes well I will be in the 2/17 class.

A little nervous about the background check only because I have one previous job that was off the books. I was there for over 6 months (delivery driver). I wrote in my booklet that it was off the books too because I know they won’t find it with SS#. But I know the city generally doesn’t look too kindly on off the books jobs, and I already included it in the preemployment packet.

Congratulations the job is yours! Don't worry about that off the books job, you really didn't have to even tell them about it since it was off the books. They know a lot of ppl work off the books sometimes. Also if you don't mind asking do they have classes for March, April and how many vacancies available. 

Edited by EgyptianEyez

22 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

You’re fine! Final processing is just that, final processing. From the first time you went to pre-employment until you were notified to return for final processing, they’ve been running your background. Your next visit will be to return the paperwork they asked for, be sworn in, finger printed for an FBI criminal background check which comes out of your first pay check, and be given your transit pass(Work ID card) which is a 100% free metro card to ride any subway, bus or commuter railroad of your choosing(Metro North or Long Island RailRoad) 24/7. Congrats on making it this far, you should be in the next class or the one following it. Depending on the needs of the authority. 

12 minutes ago, WillBx-Supervisor said:

You’re fine! Final processing is just that, final processing. From the first time you went to pre-employment until you were notified to return for final processing, they’ve been running your background. Your next visit will be to return the paperwork they asked for, be sworn in, finger printed for an FBI criminal background check which comes out of your first pay check, and be given your transit pass(Work ID card) which is a 100% free metro card to ride any subway, bus or commuter railroad of your choosing(Metro North or Long Island RailRoad) 24/7. Congrats on making it this far, you should be in the next class or the one following it. Depending on the needs of the authority. 

You just made me feel a lot better about it. I just didn’t want to lie or omit anything. Plus being unemployed for 10 months sounds unbelievable when I have so many bills in my name lol.

i already got my disposition for my only Arrest and 4 summons in my lifetime in preparation for the fingerprinting. I’m sure they will come up. Don’t want to have to leave and come back for any reason tomorrow.