Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had some issues as far as my process is concerned. Just curious if anyone had any similar going on. I went in oct 2017 for pre-employment for provisional station agent. I didn't heard anything back from them until this past December ( the 26th to be exact), I got a letter stating my name was on the official eligibility list that was established as of 12/12/18. it also included list number and test score. I've been keeping up with the forum and when I noticed they were past my number (mid 400's) I called to inquire. I spoke to Ms. Watson and she told me that I should have received a letter back in Aug 2018. That letter I didn't receive and she said it must have been a mix up with my local postal service. Looking for more detail answers I spoke to a ms. Morrison who I believed was head of hr. I explained the situation to her as well and she also told me thats my file showed that a letter was sent out in aug ( that I never received) I believe stating  medical wasn't moving forward from when I came in for pre-employment oct 2017 for provisional. I also explained to her the letter I got in December 2018. she said if I got that letter just wait for further correspondence. I went to 180 Livingston in person this past week. was able to speak to ms. Watson face to face. she told me my file was pushed up to management for further review and that they were backed up and that a letter should be sent out by next week with the final verdict. so just sitting her with my fingers crossed.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:03 AM, oldergentleman61 said:

maybe someone had a similar experience. hoping someone can give some advice

I was called in for the pre screening interviews about a month ago and they said i couldn't move forward because i had a traffic violation. (i thought it'd be okay because i had a hearing scheduled.) Lady at the time told me I should take care of it and come back with the paper from the hearing saying it was done. Hired a lawyer, got the DMV to move my hearing up to today and got the violation taken care of. I called right after and the lady on the phone is saying they're past my number and I have to restart with DCAS!

Is she for real?! They originally told me in the office that I could just come back after I got the violation taken care of. Should I just go in person?

I would go in person; if you haven’t as of yet

On 3/21/2019 at 12:03 AM, oldergentleman61 said:

maybe someone had a similar experience. hoping someone can give some advice

I was called in for the pre screening interviews about a month ago and they said i couldn't move forward because i had a traffic violation. (i thought it'd be okay because i had a hearing scheduled.) Lady at the time told me I should take care of it and come back with the paper from the hearing saying it was done. Hired a lawyer, got the DMV to move my hearing up to today and got the violation taken care of. I called right after and the lady on the phone is saying they're past my number and I have to restart with DCAS!

Is she for real?! They originally told me in the office that I could just come back after I got the violation taken care of. Should I just go in person?

Go in person with all your paperwork concerning the violation, and handle it that way. 

Does anybody know if you have to wait to after training starts to sign in on mymta portal to set up direct deposit? I have my ID #, I tried and it let me change the password, but then wouldn't let me sign in, I'm sure I probably just need to wait, I'm definitely eager and anxious to get started lol 

5 hours ago, Agentant207 said:

Does anybody know if you have to wait to after training starts to sign in on mymta portal to set up direct deposit? I have my ID #, I tried and it let me change the password, but then wouldn't let me sign in, I'm sure I probably just need to wait, I'm definitely eager and anxious to get started lol 

You have to wait until your second or third day of training in order to sign in.  They have more paperwork for you to fill out.  Also just a warning bring a backpack or something to carry books, by day three you will have quite a few. 

30 minutes ago, Agentant207 said:

For training, if I wear a blue polo shirt the first day does it have to be tucked in? Thanks in advance guys and gals, this forum is so helpful.

No, I wore polos (untucked) my first and second days & they didn’t say anything.  They are however looking for a button down similar to the uniform for the classes though. 

On 3/27/2019 at 9:47 PM, Agentant207 said:

Thank you! How do you like it so far if you dont mind me asking?

It’s good.  A lot to take in however my instructor is very thorough.  I’m going into my third week now but we’ve already covered so much.  Definitely looking forward to actually experiencing what the job is actually like. 

Depending on what you get for observation and takeover booths your education of what the job is really like won't happen until you get thrown to the wolves on the road.

All of my training booths had very helpful clerks but none of them sold very much and were quiet in general so the nonsense was at a minimum...and the art of keeping money straight when I got to places like 181 on the 1 came later.

Edited by hmc12989

2 hours ago, SA2019 said:

I called this afternoon. They seem to be stuck at 1138. Damn. Praying they keep moving. 

I’ll call tomorrow to try and see if they’re done scheduling classes for now. If I remember right they paused for a week or so when they got into the 500s or 700s. I can’t remember.