Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

2 hours ago, WillBx-Supervisor said:

You’re fine! Final processing is just that, final processing. From the first time you went to pre-employment until you were notified to return for final processing, they’ve been running your background. Your next visit will be to return the paperwork they asked for, be sworn in, finger printed for an FBI criminal background check which comes out of your first pay check, and be given your transit pass(Work ID card) which is a 100% free metro card to ride any subway, bus or commuter railroad of your choosing(Metro North or Long Island RailRoad) 24/7. Congrats on making it this far, you should be in the next class or the one following it. Depending on the needs of the authority. 

Just a heads up now they ask for a money order  up front for fingerprints...all the info should be in the email though 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Agentant207 said:

Just a heads up now they ask for a money order  up front for fingerprints...all the info should be in the email though 

Well this has definitely changed from when I first got hired in 2006. At that time they’d just deduct the finger printing fees from your first check. I believe it was $99. 

2 hours ago, EgyptianEyez said:

Congratulations the job is yours! Don't worry about that off the books job, you really didn't have to even tell them about it since it was off the books. They know a lot of ppl work off the books sometimes. Also if you don't mind asking do they have classes for March, April and how many vacancies available. 

I’m sorry I didn’t answer this earlier, but she gave me no information about future classes. The fact I got into this one only confirms what we already knew about two February classes.

as for the blank money order, I have that on hand. Along with SS card, birth certificate, HS diploma, and of course my driver’s license to go along with 21 page employment booklet. You have to bring this stuff every time.

Also, PSA to anyone who has any prior arrest, summons, etc: get copies of your dispositions from whatever county courthouses necessary. I did this ahead of time because I read up on it. Otherwise, when they fingerprint you and you’re in the system, the process will be put on hold until HR gets a hold of those dispositions.

2 minutes ago, WillBx-Supervisor said:

Well this has definitely changed from when I first got hired in 2006. At that time they’d just deduct the finger printing fees from your first check. I believe it was $99. 

I'm sure it changed recently, I was just hired last year lol As someone who has followed this forum and waited for my turn, let me just say this ...everything as far advice and info on here is spot on

1 minute ago, Agentant207 said:

I'm sure it changed recently, I was just hired last year lol As someone who has followed this forum and waited for my turn, let me just say this ...everything as far advice and info on here is spot on

Well it should be spot on. Most people replying to questions are either employees or people that have been through the process before or multiple times. But as far as me I’ll only offer factual information, whenever o comment. 

59 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

Just got sworn in for the 2/17 class. Good luck to everybody who’s still waiting! Feels like this will be going for a while so don’t worry.

5 minutes ago, Thediz1 said:

Sean what list #s are in your class 1200,1300 ,1400

Congrats and welcome to the family. I told that you had nothing to worry about. Good luck in your career. 

8 minutes ago, Thediz1 said:

Sean what list #s are in your class 1200,1300 ,1400

I was 127*. Last I asked they were up to 1300 exactly. Not sure where they’re at today. I’d call to check.

2 minutes ago, WillBx-Supervisor said:

Congrats and welcome to the family. I told that you had nothing to worry about. Good luck in your career. 

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Hopeful that I’ll never have to sit in that steel chaired room again lol.

3 minutes ago, SeanH525 said:

I was 127*. Last I asked they were up to 1300 exactly. Not sure where they’re at today. I’d call to check.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. Hopeful that I’ll never have to sit in that steel chaired room again lol.

You will if ever want to be promoted from Station Agent. Anytime you go for a promotion or lab test you’ll be right back in that building with those steel chairs. 

1 minute ago, WillBx-Supervisor said:

You will if ever want to be promoted from Station Agent. Anytime you go for a promotion or lab test you’ll be right back in that building with those steel chairs. 

Oh boy. I thought they only do the randoms for safety sensitive positions? So I might have to go down there again for drug tests? Those chairs really are the worst.

2 minutes ago, SA2019 said:

Does it matter if someone has old convictions ? Will they stop the process? 

and old convictions don’t matter as long as you’re honest with them. I never got convicted but I was arrested once and had a few summons on my record. I brought them everything I ever got from both counties I ever got into trouble in.

Just now, SeanH525 said:

Oh boy. I thought they only do the randoms for safety sensitive positions? So I might have to go down there again for drug tests? Those chairs really are the worst.

and old convictions don’t matter as long as you’re honest with them. I never got convicted but I was arrested once and had a few summons on my record. I brought them everything I ever got from both counties I ever got into trouble in.

Okay thank you. Congratulations on being sworn in.

7 hours ago, SeanH525 said:

You don’t go to the lab only for randoms on safety sensitive titles. You are required to go the MAC(Medical Assessment Clinic) if you’re out of work more than 21 calendar days sick, you’re in an accident in a transit vehicle, or you’re suspected of being under the influence by a supervisor or manager. Also anytime you go for a promotion, you need to submit a urine test.   So as you can see there’s a whole host of reasons you’ll need to keep going back to 180 over the course of your career. 

On 3/22/2019 at 3:47 PM, dyson007 said:

I've had some issues as far as my process is concerned. Just curious if anyone had any similar going on. I went in oct 2017 for pre-employment for provisional station agent. I didn't heard anything back from them until this past December ( the 26th to be exact), I got a letter stating my name was on the official eligibility list that was established as of 12/12/18. it also included list number and test score. I've been keeping up with the forum and when I noticed they were past my number (mid 400's) I called to inquire. I spoke to Ms. Watson and she told me that I should have received a letter back in Aug 2018. That letter I didn't receive and she said it must have been a mix up with my local postal service. Looking for more detail answers I spoke to a ms. Morrison who I believed was head of hr. I explained the situation to her as well and she also told me thats my file showed that a letter was sent out in aug ( that I never received) I believe stating  medical wasn't moving forward from when I came in for pre-employment oct 2017 for provisional. I also explained to her the letter I got in December 2018. she said if I got that letter just wait for further correspondence. I went to 180 Livingston in person this past week. was able to speak to ms. Watson face to face. she told me my file was pushed up to management for further review and that they were backed up and that a letter should be sent out by next week with the final verdict. so just sitting her with my fingers crossed.

Hi dyson007, I was told the same thing, if you don’t mind me asking, what was the outcome?

Supervisors / Current employees,

Do we report to one location to punch in everyday & then receive our assigned work station or is that handled at the booth we're assigned to? 

The letter states that we will be required to work any & all shifts in any & all booths* 

Is that scheduled 1 week in advance / never changes or could it change on an daily basis to accommodate station needs?

Gonna be commuting in from eastern long island & am curious so I can plan on when I need to start driving or what time i need to catch the LIRR to get where I need to be on time.

Thanks,

#17**

*Not verbatim