East New York

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Can I bring up you quote again? 

'You guys love to complain about the incompetence of transit and its executive employees. Back in the day you guys would REALLY have had something to complain about.'

Uh, you're in it, too. You know. You're just trying to blame everyone BUT yourself. AND: (alr, i know this is not the thread for this, but still)

'..well you guys would have something to REALLY b!tch and moan about.'

We're not the type of people to be saying 'moan about' alright? We are [most likely] not gay. That kinda proves another point. And also, I don't have to have reliable sources on me. I just know things. So if you were gonna say that, that's your answer.. You're literally just a scapegoat. Alright, back on topic

What the hell does any of this have to do with anything, especially the part in bold?

Unless you know most of the members on this board personally (which I highly doubt), you don't know what anyone's sexuality is unless they tell you. Only thing you can assume is that most of the ppl here are heterosexual, as is the general population. Also, are you saying that straight people don't moan? Like what point were you trying to make here? What was the point of even bringing any of this up when it's completely irrelevant to anything that was talked about here? Any excuse to be homophobic I guess.

All because you're mad that you got called out for complaining and told to just be patient. You're trying to deflect your mess onto others & just making yourself look worse in the process. If you don't know how to take constructive criticism, then maybe you shouldn't be on this forum.

This entire post reaks of ignorance and toxicity. Please take this somewhere else cuz it does not belong here. This was completely uncalled for & you should be ashamed of yourself. Carry On.

1 hour ago, Fan Railer said:

100-103 sitting at the staging lot at Goethals for delivery to SBK tonight. Checked; same traction motors as the regular R211s, didn't notice any difference in the trucks. 

Correction: It was R211S cars 103-104 that was delivered in the early hours of May 3rd. That must mean the R211S cars that are stating at Goethals are cars 100-102.

R211S cars 100-102 have finished staging at the Goethals Bridge and have now been delivered to the SBK. All 5 cars have now been delivered and coupled to make a train. They should be transferred to CIY to receive 3rd rail shoes, and then begin testing on Subway trackage. Once testing on subway trackage is complete, they will be trucked over to Clifton Shops, in Staten Island to begin their 30-day revenue service acceptance test, with no mechanical failures. After completion, I presume that the remaining 70 cars will be delivered to SBK, test on NYC subway trackage, and then be trucked over to Clifton Shops to then begin service.

Just now, foggymetro said:

R211S cars 100-102 have finished staging at the Goethals Bridge and have now been delivered to the SBK. All 5 cars have now been delivered and coupled to make a train. They should be transferred to CIY to receive 3rd rail shoes, and then begin testing on Subway trackage. Once testing on subway trackage is complete, they will be trucked over to Clifton Shops, in Staten Island to begin their 30-day revenue service acceptance test, with no mechanical failures. After completion, I presume that the remaining 70 cars will be delivered to SBK, test on NYC subway trackage, and then be trucked over to Clifton Shops to then begin service.

(some of the information was adapted from the "NYCT Subway Tracking" discord server, with some information added by me)

One thing that needs to also be remembered is that the SIR crews will need full retraining.

This isn't like what happened with me, where I just had a one day class that basically taught me what made the 211's different from the other NTTs I already had experience with. They have no experience with anything made in the last 50 years. 

This is going to be all brand new to them. A generational change.

2 hours ago, foggymetro said:

I'm afraid there is going to be lots of complaining on this site because the Staten Island R211's won't be entering service for a long time.  I expect them to be hidden in the (new) barn for months.  The maintenance people have to be trained; the road supervisors have to be trained; the operating crews have to be trained before it even leaves the barn for road testing.  Then all the crews have to do training runs.  Prediction: they will not run in passenger service till 2024.  

13 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Since there are going to be duplicate car numbers with the R211S’s and the Arnine musuem cars, how is this going to work in the car roster?

I don't know, but I'll say this:  we have duplicate numbers already.

Like 1575, 1802, the Lo-V's; R12 5760;  TOMC cars, etc.  I suppose in the computer system all the museum cars have an "M" before the car numbers.

2 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Since there are going to be duplicate car numbers with the R211S’s and the Arnine musuem cars, how is this going to work in the car roster?

...simple, they're not on the same roster. why would the in general subway fleet be on the same roster as SIRTOA's fleet?

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Because they are operating on NYCT trackage and need to be assigned an identity number….

Besides, the 5-car train just got delivered (100-104). I don't expect that the R211S pilot train is already on the SIR's roster, because the pilot train will test on Subway trackage for at least 1 year before then being transferred to SI. So, assuming that the cars have been transferred to CIY, it makes sense that they should already be inputted into the roster. The SIR is not going to put cars that aren't even on the island, let alone their trackage, onto their roster. I wonder what the LED destination signs/route bullets will look like and how they would work.

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Because they are operating on NYCT trackage and need to be assigned an identity number….

And exactly where is it written they have to be on the TA roster to run on TA tracks? or are you just assuming?

Because there have been times when transit has had duplicate numbers on active cars. 

Say, for example the ex BMT Gate/Q cars and the Arnines. When they were Q cars, the surviving gate car set was numbered 1622. Same number as an R7A. And guess what, when those Q cars were on their last legs... on the Myrtle Avenue El... guess who they were sharing tracks with... on the section still in service today? 

as for the 211S, all movements of these cars will be done under General Orders and under a GO, you can basically do whatever you want within reason.

On a not very side note, does anybody know what's up with the pilot set (configured in this order: 4060-64, 4069-65)? It hasn't been in service for the past week or so. I do know that it got taken out of service due to power issues at Dyckman St, and I also heard that Kawasaki technicians and MTA personnel were inspecting the train. Does anybody know the issue, if there is one, and when it will return to service?

3 minutes ago, foggymetro said:

On a not very side note, does anybody know what's up with the pilot set (configured in this order: 4060-64, 4069-65)? It hasn't been in service for the past week or so. I do know that it got taken out of service due to power issues at Dyckman St, and I also heard that Kawasaki technicians and MTA personnel were inspecting the train. Does anybody know the issue, if there is one, and when it will return to service?

I believe it is OOS for propulsion issues

6 minutes ago, foggymetro said:

It might take about 2-3 weeks, if not, at most 2 months. 

4 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

whats the source on that info?

From what I've seen last March, it looks like to me, when a train has propulsion issues, it takes not too much time, about 1-2 months. So the source is me. I might be wrong though. Correct me if I am.