R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, AZthefoamer said:

When can we expect (SR) to start running R211 sets?

Most likely by the time Pitkin finishes receiving their allotment.

29 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

The MTA will focus on high capacity subway lines first, before turning forward to the shuttle, who knows if the R211’s will end up on the  (SR)

They will end up on the (SR) . People forget that the Rockaway shuttle is part of the (A) line fleet. Meaning that whatever the (A) uses, the Rock Shuttle uses as well. They just barely put r179s on the Rock Shuttle since they make up only a portion of the fleet, and are mainly kept on the (A) for it to have as many techs running there as possible.

21 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

R211A deliveries:

4090-4094: South Brooklyn Railway to Coney Island Yard

4095-4099: delivered to South Brooklyn Railway.

But when did 4095-99 get delivered? And how are 4090-94 already goin to Coney!? They just got delivered YESTERDAY!!!

11 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

But when did 4095-99 get delivered? And how are 4090-94 already goin to Coney!? They just got delivered YESTERDAY!!!

Photos took in a public viewing area. Besides that, 4090 was delivered silently. Also, 4090-4094 went to Coney overnight.

20230621_112130.jpg?width=1087&height=6120230621_112028.jpg?width=1087&height=61

Edited by RSMG106

13 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

nothing should go to Jamaica they JUST got the 160s, they shouldnt even be considered for anything

Why not?? 

The E/F trains have the highest ridership and QBL has CBTC.

The r211's is already equipped with CBTC and can accommodate more riders than the r160's.

It makes much more sense for Jamaica to get the second option order. If the MTA is really smart, then they should stop worrying about costs, think about the future and make the whole 2nd option order open gangway. 

At least the NQW riders can get some of "their precious" r160's back if Jamaica gets the 2nd option order.

Also, let's not forget that the first option order will most likely be split between 207 and Concourse due to CBTC.

Edited by subwaycommuter1983

34 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Why not?? 

The E/F trains have the highest ridership and QBL has CBTC.

The r211's is already equipped with CBTC and can accommodate more riders than the r160's.

It makes much more sense for Jamaica to get the second option order. If the MTA is really smart, then they should stop worrying about costs, think about the future and make the whole 2nd option order open gangway. 

At least the NQW riders can get some of "their precious" r160's back if Jamaica gets the 2nd option order.

Also, let's not forget that the first option order will most likely be split between 207 and Concourse due to CBTC.

You forgot we are talking about the MTA…

51 minutes ago, RSMG106 said:

Photos took in a public viewing area. Besides that, 4090 was delivered silently. Also, 4090-4094 went to Coney overnight.

20230621_112130.jpg?width=1087&height=6120230621_112028.jpg?width=1087&height=61

Slightly off-topic, but what's with this disclaimer I keep seeing everywhere? Tech & Transit and DJH also put the same thing, clearly if we see a fence then it was taken from a public area, unless there was an incident I don't know about?

1 hour ago, RSMG106 said:

They must be coming over on a very low (meaning silently and quietly out of viewing public) while the higher set is being set up during the daytime 

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Slightly off-topic, but what's with this disclaimer I keep seeing everywhere? Tech & Transit and DJH also put the same thing, clearly if we see a fence then it was taken from a public area, unless there was an incident I don't know about?

It is to know that the photography is set outside of the property, and that it is not recorded inside the property.

4 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I can imagine two reasons. Without that disclaimer, someone seeing the photos might assume the photographer trespassed to get them. (They don't all always have visible fence like that.) So: 

1. If the viewer was an MTA employee or police officer, they might assume the photos were evidence of the crime of trespassing and take action that could be turn into quite a hassle for the photographer. Best to avoid that just in case. 

2. If the viewer were some stupid kid looking for stupid sh-t to do (as kids often do) it might inspire them to trespass. Better to set a good example by not trespassing, and to make that clear to everyone. 

just because it's through a fence that doesn't mean the side of the fence you are standing on is in a publicly accessible place. 

I have a friend who works for NASA, at the Kennedy Space Center, as a launch controller. She showed me a picture of her and her wife with the Artemis 1 rocket, with a fence between them and the rocket. The side of the fence the two were on they were only allowed in because she worked there. It most definitely was not a public place.