R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

Wow! That’s really cool to see! Don’t blame me for not seeing the Far Rockaway thing cuz I see it, but besides that, it’s looks like it belongs there. But there’s one problem… WHY THE HELL WOULD THE MTA PUT A 10-CAR SET ON A f**kING SHUTTLE!!?!?!?!? The least they can do is break the 2 sets apart!!

Calm down foamer. It was an (A) train put-in that was signed up as an (S) due to it starting at Euclid Av & ending at Far Rock - Mott Ave, before continuing as a regular A train. It's not that deep.

27 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

1. I totally forgot. I kinda can’t read correctly

2. no, I’m not okay…I have what’s called ‘notokayness’ (that’s just a joke)

Yeah, it's giving Elementary / Middle School lol.

Edited by RandomRider0101

1 hour ago, RandomRider0101 said:

Calm down foamer. It was an (A) train put-in that was signed up as an (S) due to it starting at Euclid Av & ending at Far Rock - Mott Ave, before continuing as a regular A train. It's not that deep.

Yeah, it's giving Elementary / Middle School lol.

I’m not a foamer, and I get it. You literally don’t have to repeat what somebody said earlier. And what do you mean by the last sentence?

20 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

I’m not a foamer, and I get it. You literally don’t have to repeat what somebody said earlier. And what do you mean by the last sentence?

Screams via caps lock about some trivial equipment thing, then denies he's a foamer. Yea ok buddy. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

… has common sense just evaporated?

Occam's razor… the train operator punched the wrong setting into the system and didn’t bother to change it…

which is exactly, factually, what happened…

which I know because I have been on 4070-79…

ALL DAMN DAY… without a break.

I’m still on her right now… I’m off the clock now, but I’m free… till tomorrow when I have to do this all over again.

I’m working as the “Gap conductor”… I take over when people who aren’t qualified are assigned the train. Turns out not a lot of people are qualified because I was at her controls for nearly 8 straight hours…

the one time I was not was that first run out of Euclid, otherwise I would have changed it to A.

Edited by Kamen Rider

1 minute ago, Kamen Rider said:

Occam's razor… the train operator punched the wrong setting into the system and didn’t bother to change it…

I’m still on her right now… I’m off the clock now, but I’m free… till tomorrow when I have to do this all over again.

I’m working as the “Gap conductor”… I take over when people who aren’t qualified are assigned the train. Turns out not a lot of people are qualified because I was at her controls for nearly 8 straight hours…

Normal schedule, to Far Rockaway, at JFK, full length, nothing out of the ordinary. It was pretty obvious there was a mistake on the operator's part.

45 minutes ago, ThatSubwayFan980 said:

Get all over it, you guys. R42s are gone, R32s are gone, and soon the R46s and some of what is left of the R44s in Staten Island are gonna be next and some people don't have to foam anymore. 

No wonder why the (A) train keeps getting lucky with new trains every single year.

.....what are you actually talking about? lol....

The (A) only started getting new trains with the R179s, prior to that, the line hasn't gotten any new trains in years.

Second, no one here is mentioning any grief about the R32s, R42s or SI R44s(everyone collectively knows those cars are in shit shape) and the R46s. If you're referring to a member's signature, it's just some silly quote.

If you're trying to be cool and edgy in this thread, this was a poor attempt.

Edited by Cait Sith

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

the one time I was not was that first run out of Euclid, otherwise I would have changed it to A.

Oh ok. Well that’s the end of the conversation then. These people have NO common sense at all. But thanks.

2 hours ago, RandomRider0101 said:

Yep, and Stevie Wonder has 20/20 vision.

3 hours ago, Fan Railer said:

Screams via caps lock about some trivial equipment thing, then denies he's a foamer. Yea ok buddy. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Mhm. Y’all just don’t get it. Read Kamen’s post and figure it out for yourself. Y’all just tryin to assume I’m something even though that plot twist went upside down for y’all. I hate people like this sometimes. If you read my posts from about a month or 2 ago, yk that my statement about me is right because I said it. Y’all can’t change who I am. (Honestly I don’t know why I’m postin this but I am. It’s literally off topic. Continuing…) Y’all can say shit to a person without actually knowing about that person. I don’t say anything about y’all cuz I don’t know nothing about y’all except the fact that y’all are here. So why y’all trying to do that? Plus, At first, this seem kinda strange to me cuz ahem, the S sign of course. It doesn’t always mean that ‘oh, Ale188 is a former cuz he screamed in all caps.’ Yeah, no. Games don’t always play that way in life just cuz somebody did somethin very small and then y’all want to call that person a (insert word here). And not all of us live in NYC, I live in King of Prussia, 2 and a half hours away, and I barely get to ride the SEPTA. (Why did I bring that up?) So not all of us are gonna be experts and almost perfectionists unlike y’all who live in NYC or near it. Hell, not even some NYers know about the MTA as much.(except people on this website) So y’all can keep y’all opinions to yourself and stop callin me a foamer just because of one small f**king thing. Ok, I’m done. Back to talkin about the 211s.

15 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

Mhm. Y’all just don’t get it. Read Kamen’s post and figure it out for yourself. Y’all just tryin to assume I’m something even though that plot twist went upside down for y’all. I hate people like this sometimes. If you read my posts from about a month or 2 ago, yk that my statement about me is right because I said it. Y’all can’t change who I am. (Honestly I don’t know why I’m postin this but I am. It’s literally off topic. Continuing…) Y’all can say shit to a person without actually knowing about that person. I don’t say anything about y’all cuz I don’t know nothing about y’all except the fact that y’all are here. So why y’all trying to do that? Plus, At first, this seem kinda strange to me cuz ahem, the S sign of course. It doesn’t always mean that ‘oh, Ale188 is a former cuz he screamed in all caps.’ Yeah, no. Games don’t always play that way in life just cuz somebody did somethin very small and then y’all want to call that person a (insert word here). And not all of us live in NYC, I live in King of Prussia, 2 and a half hours away, and I barely get to ride the SEPTA. (Why did I bring that up?) So not all of us are gonna be experts and almost perfectionists unlike y’all who live in NYC or near it. Hell, not even some NYers know about the MTA as much.(except people on this website) So y’all can keep y’all opinions to yourself and stop callin me a foamer just because of one small f**king thing. Ok, I’m done. Back to talkin about the 211s.

Can’t is what I meant.

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

Oh ok. Well that’s the end of the conversation then. These people have NO common sense at all. But thanks.

You're right there, you know.

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

.....what are you actually talking about? lol....

The (A) only started getting new trains with the R179s, prior to that, the line hasn't gotten any new trains in years.

Second, no one here is mentioning any grief about the R32s, R42s or SI R44s(everyone collectively knows those cars are in shit shape) and the R46s. If you're referring to a member's signature, it's just some silly quote.

If you're trying to be cool and edgy in this thread, this was a poor attempt.

That is what I have been trying to say! Everytime the new ones comes in service, the old ones are gone for good! That's why we have the R211s on the (A)!

Edited by ThatSubwayFan980

8 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Wow! That’s really cool to see! Don’t blame me for not seeing the Far Rockaway thing cuz I see it, but besides that, it’s looks like it belongs there. But there’s one problem… WHY THE HELL WOULD THE MTA PUT A 10-CAR SET ON A f**kING SHUTTLE!!?!?!?!? The least they can do is break the 2 sets apart!!

the rockaway shuttle becomes full length during summer weekends, calm down man jesus

38 minutes ago, ThatSubwayFan980 said:

You're right there, you know.

That is what I have been trying to say! Everytime the new ones comes in service, the old ones are gone for good! That's why we have the R211s on the (A)!

I know. literally 75% of people in this website is.

So about the R211 signed up as a (SR) …… is there any chance the R211’s will ever on the (SR) I feel like it’ll make sense if the R179’s were cut into 5 sets to replace the R46’s off the shuttle, and making the (A) all R211’s with a few spare sets of R179’s

Edited by Chris89292

5 minutes ago, Chris89292 said:

So about the R211 signed up as a (SR) …… is there any chance the R211’s will ever on the (SR) I feel like it’ll make sense if the R179’s were cut into 5 sets to replace the R46’s off the shuttle, and making the (A) all R211’s with a few spare sets of R179’s

Probably at some point. The A and Rockaway Shuttle share fleet so it is very possible that sooner or later it will happen.

Some have suggested that the A will become fully R211. In that case, SR will also be fully R211.

For now however, running NTT sets on the A (higher capacity) is optimal.

2 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

Yes, once the r46's are gone from the A. 

The 10 car r179's will stay on the A for the foreseeable future.

Once, the C becomes 100% full length, it may be a different story.

2 hours ago, AZthefoamer said:

Probably at some point. The A and Rockaway Shuttle share fleet so it is very possible that sooner or later it will happen.

Some have suggested that the A will become fully R211. In that case, SR will also be fully R211.

For now however, running NTT sets on the A (higher capacity) is optimal.

The A can't be fully r211's until the 8 car r179's leave the C. 

It will be very confusing for the C to run both 8 and 10 car r179s.

38 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

Yes, once the r46's are gone from the A. 

The 10 car r179's will stay on the A for the foreseeable future.

Once, the C becomes 100% full length, it may be a different story.

This might not be the case, The R179s might go else where. This is rumored by NYCT employees which i hope isn't true because the R179s do fine on the (A)

Also with how ENY keeps improving it's spare factor, The (C) could go 100% 8 car R179s if they get all of the 8 car R179s cbtc equipped since the (M) can use all of the available R160s 8377-8652,9943-9974 now at ENY. That's if they decide to keep it 8 car R179s just to get rid of the R46s off of 8th ave in time for CBTC. This would also allow the (M) to use the R179s if they get CBTC kits installed. Then when Option I cars start coming in then they can transition the (C)  to being 10 cars

31 minutes ago, nightmare402 said:

not really. the C uses R46's too 

Having 8 and 10 car R179s running on the (C) at the same time would cause confusion, This is why they don't use the 10 car units on the (C) and only the R46s.

Edited by R32 3838

6 hours ago, Ale188 said:

5 hours ago, Ale188 said:

I read @Kamen Rider's entire post. She stated that R211 4070-79 (the same set in the photo which she also operated on) was supposed to be signed up as an (A) the entire time, and was never intended to be signed up as a (S) in the first place. You yourself even asked (in an overly dramatic way I might add) why the (S) was running 10 cars and not as 5, which clearly indicates that you thought it was a shuttle.

@R32 3838 as well as myself told you that it was an (A) put in train. We may have been wrong as to why it was signed up as an (S) , but we weren't wrong about it being an (A) train.

The 'lack of common sense' remark that Kamen made was in response to the person who had the train signed as an (S) . It was not directed at any of us here, unless there is something I'm missing here which I don't believe is the case.

You tried to use her post to make it seem like you proved a point, but what you did was prove that YOU in fact are the one that lacks common sense. If you're mad that I called you a foamer that's fine; but if you're gonna try to attack me or anyone else here, you should try attacking us with facts. Unfortunately for you, you're facts were waaaay off here.

You are very immature and have a LOT of growing up to do. I don't know how old you are, 'cause as you stated I don't know you. But I'm willing to bet that you are of school age. You should really learn how to read as well as learning basic comprehension skills. Maybe then you'll finally have the 'common sense' that you falsely tried to claim that we lack. It's the audacity for me. Carry on child.

1 hour ago, R32 3838 said:

This might not be the case, The R179s might go else where. This is rumored by NYCT employees which i hope isn't true because the R179s do fine on the (A)

Also with how ENY keeps improving it's spare factor, The (C) could go 100% 8 car R179s if they get all of the 8 car R179s cbtc equipped since the (M) can use all of the available R160s 8377-8652,9943-9974 now at ENY. That's if they decide to keep it 8 car R179s just to get rid of the R46s off of 8th ave in time for CBTC. This would also allow the (M) to use the R179s if they get CBTC kits installed. Then when Option I cars start coming in then they can transition the (C)  to being 10 cars

Having 8 and 10 car R179s running on the (C) at the same time would cause confusion, This is why they don't use the 10 car units on the (C) and only the R46s.

Wasn't the goals was to give R211 to the (A) and (C) and they rotate between R179s and R211 since they both would be able to maintain in different barns ? And didn't they equip the R179s 10 Cars with CBTC ?

Edited by R179 8258