R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

1 hour ago, Chris89292 said:

If that’s the case, then they should remove the red and green LED lights since it’s not useful at this moment, we shouldn’t be concerned about remove it either am I right or am I right……..

The lights are useful. Those with bad vision can better tell the doors are closing. A massive step up from the former yellow lights.

ADA, at the end of the day, was the primary focus of car amenities. The problem will be fixed. These things take time and they also have to make sure the fixes don't break anything else.

Coding is, in a way, like owning a house. Fix the doorbell and ten other things break. Do what you can.

Edited by LTA1992

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

We’re still trying to get the announcements on the pilot set to play properly. Like I said, last time I was on it, I had to shut them off because I got tired of resetting it.

Wasn't it working fine when it was burn in testing? Wonder what they changed to break it. Reminds of me of the Dyckman St glitch on the R179's.

2 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Wasn't it working fine when it was burn in testing? Wonder what they changed to break it. Reminds of me of the Dyckman St glitch on the R179's.

It fail more than once during the 30 day tests so it was best to just run in basic mode to get the cars out and running. 

8 hours ago, Chris89292 said:

If that’s the case, then they should remove the red and green LED lights since it’s not useful at this moment, we shouldn’t be concerned about remove it either am I right or am I right……..

Removing it requires an entire software update on its own, and for what?

10 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

We’re still trying to get the announcements on the pilot set to play properly. Like I said, last time I was on it, I had to shut them off because I got tired of resetting it.

Is it just the pilot set with those issues? Thought the pilot was supposed to be representative of the entire order so it'd be kinda funny but unfortunate if there were issues specific to the pilot.

42 minutes ago, trainfan22 said:

4078 digital ads aren't working, all the screens in that car are blank.

I ran into the R211 three times now without going out my way to look for them. I also been on all three active sets. 

Why weren’t they working? Maybe lights went out? And is it just that car out of the whole 407x series?

Edited by Ale188

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

Why weren’t they working? Maybe lights went out? And is it just that car out of the whole 407x series?

The ads were working in the car behind it, I didn't check the other eight cars in the consist.

I don't know why they weren't working. The lights were working, just the ad screens were off.

19 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

The ads were working in the car behind it, I didn't check the other eight cars in the consist.

I don't know why they weren't working. The lights were working, just the ad screens were off.

Aye, that’s concerning. I mean, you don’t wanna be in a dark subway car, do you? And maybe they forgot to program the ads on the train car. I mean, nobody really pays attention to ads anyway, right?

Edited by Ale188

On 8/5/2023 at 6:00 PM, zacster said:

Was an R211 tagged today?  I was getting on the A at 181st and there was a notice about delays NB due to a train being taken out of service at Euclid due to vandalism.    It could be something else but I have that feeling.

Kids like to kick the glass to the cab doors in. Happens all the time on the N Q an D. 

3 hours ago, Ale188 said:

Aye, that’s concerning. I mean, you don’t wanna be in a dark subway car, do you? And maybe they forgot to program the ads on the train car. I mean, nobody really pays attention to ads anyway, right?

On the R211’s the digital Ads are not tied together with the car lights. 

1 hour ago, AZthefoamer said:

I would not trust Wikipedia's numbers very much. I believe more than 70 are built currently.

Yeah, Ik. They only have ‘70’ (75 now) As built cuz there’s literally no recent Kawasaki Nebraska factory tour video. Deliveries either.

So now we have these cars delivered:

R211S: 100-104 (5 cars or 1 5-car train)

R211T: 4040-4059 (1 hard shell & soft shell) (20 cars or 2 10-car trains)

R211A: 4060-4099, 4110-4129 (60 cars or 6 10-car sets)

All that equals 85 total R211s delivered!