R211 Discussion Thread

East New York

4 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

That’s not the first time that these guys got hit with graffiti. Think 2022 or last year at CI. That not just expenses, it more work for employees to scrub off. Stainless steel subway cars, graffiti comes off. Remember: these guys know the ins and outs of subway yards cameras can see who trespasses yards. They catch them, it’s time in jail

Unfortunately, the area that are not stainless steel it seems the graffiti just stays there like around the windows and the top of the cars seems to never get cleaned off. You can notice every car in the system that has been hit with areas that are left. 

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MJHmarc said:

Unfortunately, the area that are not stainless steel it seems the graffiti just stays there like around the windows and the top of the cars seems to never get cleaned off. You can notice every car in the system that has been hit with areas that are left. 

The MTA needs a better security on those yards. Because that is has been happening to much specifically with trains that haven’t even started service. This is ridiculous and frustrating as hell. 

14 minutes ago, zacster said:

Are there any new cars coming again?  I would think Lincoln, NE is filling up with cars waiting to come.

As of now, not yet. There hasn't been any recent numbers coming in. 

Today cars 4060-4069 had announcement issues (or maybe it was the operator having to turn off the maps due to various reroutes on the (A) this morning).

I think R211 cars 4060-4069 were assigned to the 168 St-bound trip out of Far Rockaway but because of the smoke condition in the Cranberry St tunnel, that train wan express in Brooklyn, then via the (F) line to West 4 St, then rerouted back to 8 Av (but local to 59 St-Columbus Circle - I boarded at 14 St, train displayed as a 207 St-bound (A) train and 8’Av Express but announcements and maps off until CC). Then the (A) switched back to Express but only until 145 St (and announcements back on), then switched back to local service to 168 St (announcements turned off again). Then when arriving at 168 St on the (C) train track, the train instead of having announcements turned back on, was taken out of service at 168 St and went to the yard. Not sure if this set was then put back into service later that AM rush, or was it sent to the yard, or assigned to a Rockaway Park (A) trip out of 168 St, or least likely, swapped over to the (C). Can anyone verify?

On 1/17/2024 at 11:02 PM, darkstar8983 said:

Today cars 4060-4069 had announcement issues (or maybe it was the operator having to turn off the maps due to various reroutes on the (A) this morning).

I think R211 cars 4060-4069 were assigned to the 168 St-bound trip out of Far Rockaway but because of the smoke condition in the Cranberry St tunnel, that train wan express in Brooklyn, then via the (F) line to West 4 St, then rerouted back to 8 Av (but local to 59 St-Columbus Circle - I boarded at 14 St, train displayed as a 207 St-bound (A) train and 8’Av Express but announcements and maps off until CC). Then the (A) switched back to Express but only until 145 St (and announcements back on), then switched back to local service to 168 St (announcements turned off again). Then when arriving at 168 St on the (C) train track, the train instead of having announcements turned back on, was taken out of service at 168 St and went to the yard. Not sure if this set was then put back into service later that AM rush, or was it sent to the yard, or assigned to a Rockaway Park (A) trip out of 168 St, or least likely, swapped over to the (C). Can anyone verify?

I am assuming that this is fake, unless anyone can confirm otherwvise.

(Unable to link but it basically says that the R211T will only be able to run on the C). If this is true, I assume option 2 will not contain gangway cars either.

Edited by AZthefoamer

28 minutes ago, AZthefoamer said:

(Unable to link but it basically says that the R211T will only be able to run on the C). If this is true, I assume option 2 will not contain gangway cars either.

The Bulliten did in fact, come out and they [The 211T's] will Operate on the (C), but I don't see what that has to do with them potentially not pursuing Gangways for Option 2. Especially when only 2 Corridors were identified at the moment where 211T's can not run Express. 

For all we know, this could be a similar situation to when the 160's weren't allowed in the Rockaways because of differences in power.

Edited by LGA Link N Train

22 minutes ago, AZthefoamer said:

pretty much so, transit does not like the gangway cars

22 minutes ago, LGA Link N Train said:

The Bulliten did in fact, come out and they [The 211T's] will Operate on the (C), but I don't see what that has to do with them potentially not pursuing Gangways for Option 2. Especially when only 2 Corridors were identified at the moment where 211T's can not run Express. 

For all we know, this could be a similar situation to when the 160's weren't allowed in the Rockaways because of differences in power.

It will be a huge waste of money if both open gangway trains are placed on the C.

The C doesn't have the ridership that the A, E, and F trains have.

4 minutes ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

It will be a huge waste of money if both open gangway trains are placed on the C.

Well you have to remember, these 2 trains are undergoing their own pilot program so depending on how successful they end up being, they might not even stay on the (C) for that long, but thats not my call to make.

1 minute ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I believe they are being placed on the C due to clearance problems on the other lines, most likely the train operator has a hard time trying to investigate the cause of a BIE while searching between cars outside of stations

11 minutes ago, LGA Link N Train said:

Well you have to remember, these 2 trains are undergoing their own pilot program so depending on how successful they end up being, they might not even stay on the (C) for that long, but thats not my call to make.

Additionally… excuse me (runs out room, comes back with bullhorn dialed all the way up)

THEY ARE PROTOTYPES!

(puts bullhorn down)

there is nothing that says a full production run HAS to be built exactly as these two have been built.

changes can still be made.

8 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

Additionally… excuse me (runs out room, comes back with bullhorn dialed all the way up)

THEY ARE PROTOTYPES!

(puts bullhorn down)

there is nothing that says a full production run HAS to be built exactly as these two have been built.

changes can still be made.

That is true. Thanks for the reminder.

According to the Bulletin it says that r211t cars are prohibited from running on the express tracks and if (C) trains must be rerouted onto the express tracks in case of a service change they must discharge passengers and run NIS. Why is that?

2 hours ago, Lil 57 said:

According to the Bulletin it says that r211t cars are prohibited from running on the express tracks and if (C) trains must be rerouted onto the express tracks in case of a service change they must discharge passengers and run NIS. Why is that?

Safety concerns Incase of a emergency 

I think this is a bunch of nonsense, an excuse to keep them from being successful.  Somebody got a bug up their *** and does not want to deal with them.  I'm waiting for the order from above to just figure it out and make it work.  There is so much inertia that nothing new ever happens.

Edited by zacster