My final Subway Line Proposals

chenvinny54

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*still sees traces of the (G) and (K) To Coney Island, but doesnt pay it mind.* Extend the (7) To College Point and the (E),(F) and (J) further into queens, so people can get some service out there.

2v2gltt.jpg

Here is my fourth proposal set. The (7) will be extended to College Point and 20 avenue. The (E) will extend to Rosedale, near the LIRR station. The (J) and (Z) final station will move eastbound to dense area of queens as well past Queens Village.

2v2gltt.jpg

Here is my fourth proposal set. The (7) will be extended to College Point and 20 avenue. The (E) will extend to Rosedale, near the LIRR station. The (J) and (Z) final station will move eastbound to dense area of queens as well past Queens Village.

I have myself said many times I liked the idea of extending at least the (J) (and (Z) ) to Belmont Park if not the (E) as well:

What I would look at doing if so for the (J) is if this portion is underground, it runs along the route you suggested with it turning into a four-track terminal next to the grandstand with such extending under the parking lot to what at most times would be a mini-yard, but on major race days set up so trains can be extended to a bare-bones station within that yard that would be in use usually on Belmont Stakes Day or if there are other events within the parking lot, most likely with a shuttle train operating between the grandstand entrance and the Parking Lot.  

Of course, by the time this were to be built, Belmont could be a Racino and if so the parking lot station would likely be needed as a full-time terminal for some trains.  

Add stations between Ditmars and LGA, and the branch to Randalls Island isn't needed. The (2) and (5) extension should be via Nostrand to Voohries, not via Flatbush Avenue.

You should also have a line either via the Bruckner Expressway or via Lafayette Avenue to Throggs Neck.

I would have the (L) extension run via Tenth Avenue to 72nd Street with a transfer to the (7) at 41st Street.

I would have the (T) in the Bronx branch off to run via Pelham Parkway to Co-Op City. I would then extend the (D) to Gun Hill Road to transfer to the (2) and (5)

2itrofs.jpgHere is my another map proposal. I hope this draft rings the bell. I extended eastbound (7) to not just College Point, to Northern Blvd and Broadway, especially for rush hours. Also, for the westbound, Around the Horn asked me to extend westbound to Canal Street around Tribeca. The (2) and (5), now already corrected the line extension. They will continue via nostrand avenue to Sheepshead bay Avenue W. So, only (3) will take customers to Kings Plaza Mall. For the (M) in brooklyn, Central Avenue and Knickerbocker Avenue are removed, and replaced them with Wilson Avenue, to improve service, since there are not so many customers using those existing stations. Also, I didn't tell you that Hewes Street and Lormier Street are removed, due to the aforementioned reason of low amount of customer projection. Union Avenue will be replaced, so that customers may transfer between (M) and (G). For (3), it will be extended to Bedford Park Blvd via the (4), and via the (2) during peak hours, skipping 145 Street. (D) and (T), are extended into the Bronx to Co-Op City, for improved services. At last, manhattan bound (L) will be extended northbound to 72 Street, via the transfer to (7) at 41 Street, and at last stop, transfer to (1)(2)(3).

2itrofs.jpgHere is my another map proposal. I hope this draft rings the bell. I extended eastbound (7) to not just College Point, to Northern Blvd and Broadway, especially for rush hours. Also, for the westbound, Around the Horn asked me to extend westbound to Canal Street around Tribeca. The (2) and (5), now already corrected the line extension. They will continue via nostrand avenue to Sheepshead bay Avenue W. So, only (3) will take customers to Kings Plaza Mall. For the (M) in brooklyn, Central Avenue and Knickerbocker Avenue are removed, and replaced them with Wilson Avenue, to improve service, since there are not so many customers using those existing stations. Also, I didn't tell you that Hewes Street and Lormier Street are removed, due to the aforementioned reason of low amount of customer projection. Union Avenue will be replaced, so that customers may transfer between (M) and (G). For (3), it will be extended to Bedford Park Blvd via the (4), and via the (2) during peak hours, skipping 145 Street. (D) and (T), are extended into the Bronx to Co-Op City, for improved services. At last, manhattan bound (L) will be extended northbound to 72 Street, via the transfer to (7) at 41 Street, and at last stop, transfer to (1)(2)(3).

IRT and BMT lines sharing platforms would be pretty unusual if you want to add more service to the West side of Manhattan just extend the (7). The (N) doesn't really need to be extended to Laguardia passengers already have the Q70 which connects them to Jackson Heights Roosevelt Ave. If you want to add more service to the east side of Queens you would have to either extend the (F) or the (J)(Z). The (F) would have to continue down Hillside Ave and the (J)(Z) down Jamaica Ave and they are 8 minutes apart from each other there is no use in having three services on blocks 8 minutes away from each other servicing the same neighborhood.

xeheuh.jpg

Hello everyone! I wish this proposal I did solves the problem. I removed the (J)(Z) from Jamaica avenue line, and replaced via North Conduit Line, going to South Terrace Place Sunrise Shopping Center. (J) and (Z) may terminate here, (Z) during rush hour, other times serviced on all local stations via (J), meanwhile other one terminates at Jamaica Center, like used to be.

In Manhattan, for (1), I removed 18 Street and Franklin Street to free up electric capacity for any service improvements.

I hope this helps the MTA customer flow.

xeheuh.jpg

Hello everyone! I wish this proposal I did solves the problem. I removed the (J)(Z) from Jamaica avenue line, and replaced via North Conduit Line, going to South Terrace Place Sunrise Shopping Center. (J) and (Z) may terminate here, (Z) during rush hour, other times serviced on all local stations via (J), meanwhile other one terminates at Jamaica Center, like used to be.

In Manhattan, for (1), I removed 18 Street and Franklin Street to free up electric capacity for any service improvements.

I hope this helps the MTA customer flow.

That means on the north conduit line, (J) makes all local stops at all times, any peak hours the (Z) will operate one way express, skipping Foch blvd and Baisley blvd. Other (J), will terminate at Jamaica Center.

The North Conduit Line is unnecessary. 

You should have a Queens Bypass Line via the LIRR and the Rockaway Beach Branch to Howard Beach. This would be the (M) running via 63rd Street. The (F) would run via 53 Street. A (V) train via Second Avenue would replace the (M) via Queens Boulevard and would also run via the Rockaway Line. The (R) should then be extended to 179th.

In the Bronx, you hould have a line via the Bruckner Expressway to Throggs Neck.

The stations on Second Avenue would be 96th, then 106th and 116th not 103rd and 110th. Take away the 2 Avenue/125th Street station as it would be directly under the Triboro Bridge (RFK) approaches.

The North Conduit Line is unnecessary. 

You should have a Queens Bypass Line via the LIRR and the Rockaway Beach Branch to Howard Beach. This would be the (M) running via 63rd Street. The (F) would run via 53 Street. A (V) train via Second Avenue would replace the (M) via Queens Boulevard and would also run via the Rockaway Line. The (R) should then be extended to 179th.

In the Bronx, you hould have a line via the Bruckner Expressway to Throggs Neck.

The stations on Second Avenue would be 96th, then 106th and 116th not 103rd and 110th. Take away the 2 Avenue/125th Street station as it would be directly under the Triboro Bridge (RFK) approaches.

Okay. Wait. Let me recap. The (M) will run local after 63 Street and via Roosevelt Island, and will run via the (A) to get to Rockaway line. The (F), will run express after 53 Street. For the (V), you requested me to bring it back to life. But I thought it was vanished for insufficient budget. I didn't quite see any news that they will bring it back so. The (R), I know what to do with this line, extend it to Jamaica - 179 Street. The (J), if i remove it, then I wouldn't know where to extend it. I saw B46's message that I am not supposed to extend (J) and (Z) line via eight blocks from (F) Hillside Avenue. So, with this reason, if you still think North Conduit line is useless, then I'll remove it, then you suggest what major avenue or street you want me to extend via, to get to Sunrise Shopping Center, via the entrance from South Terrace Place and North Conduit Avenue. Imagine, with this final destination of (J) or (Z), they can have the one-seat ride to that shopping center, just from Jamaica in the new quickest trip.

Okay. Wait. Let me recap. The (M) will run local after 63 Street and via Roosevelt Island, and will run via the (A) to get to Rockaway line. The (F), will run express after 53 Street. For the (V), you requested me to bring it back to life. But I thought it was vanished for insufficient budget. I didn't quite see any news that they will bring it back so. The (R), I know what to do with this line, extend it to Jamaica - 179 Street. The (J), if i remove it, then I wouldn't know where to extend it. I saw B46's message that I am not supposed to extend (J) and (Z) line via eight blocks from (F) Hillside Avenue. So, with this reason, if you still think North Conduit line is useless, then I'll remove it, then you suggest what major avenue or street you want me to extend via, to get to Sunrise Shopping Center, via the entrance from South Terrace Place and North Conduit Avenue. Imagine, with this final destination of (J) or (Z), they can have the one-seat ride to that shopping center, just from Jamaica in the new quickest trip.

No.

The M would run from Howard Beach and then run via the abandoned Rockaway Beach Branch turning onto the LIRR Main line as a bypass line. At Queens Plaza it would turn onto the IND 63rd Street Line. The V would run via the Second Avenue Line and Queens Boulevard Local to replace the (M). The (J) should be extended to a new terminus at 168th Street.

No.

The M would run from Howard Beach and then run via the abandoned Rockaway Beach Branch turning onto the LIRR Main line as a bypass line. At Queens Plaza it would turn onto the IND 63rd Street Line. The V would run via the Second Avenue Line and Queens Boulevard Local to replace the (M). The (J) should be extended to a new terminus at 168th Street.

Ok, if I move the (M) to Howard Beach, stopping at Lower East Side - 2 Avenue in Manhattan, then which line will ply from Metropolitan Avenue Middle Village to Broadway Lafayette Street? Or, (M) will take care two destinations (Howard Beach JFK and Metropolitan Avenue Middle Village) like some other lines do?

Ok, if I move the (M) to Howard Beach, stopping at Lower East Side - 2 Avenue in Manhattan, then which line will ply from Metropolitan Avenue Middle Village to Broadway Lafayette Street? Or, (M) will take care two destinations (Howard Beach JFK and Metropolitan Avenue Middle Village) like some other lines do?

Lets simplify Union's post:

(M) :Howard Beach to Metropolitan via RBL, Queens Blvd, 6 Avenue and Jamaica/Myrtle els.

(V) :Hanover Square to 71 Av via Second Ave,63 St and Queens Blvd

I would swap north terminals but that's just me.

(M) :Howard Beach to Metropolitan via RBL, Queens Blvd, 6 Avenue and Jamaica/Myrtle els.

Got it thank you. Im still working on my copy of the NYC transit subway map.

I looked at the google earth app on my samsung smart phone, followed the abandoned rockaway lirr branch, which is mostly covered with lots of trees, that we barely see the track, from roxkaway beach, i saw it will merge via the existing working lirr track, bypassing rego park, and stopping at woodside, which new (M) will operate in the future. Is this correct?

I looked at the google earth app on my samsung smart phone, followed the abandoned rockaway lirr branch, which is mostly covered with lots of trees, that we barely see the track, from roxkaway beach, i saw it will merge via the existing working lirr track, bypassing rego park, and stopping at woodside, which new (M) will operate in the future. Is this correct?

The Queens Blvd line has turnouts to the ROW, and according to some people it actually reaches the surface at some point.

The Queens Blvd line has turnouts to the ROW, and according to some people it actually reaches the surface at some point.

Wait. Sorry im wrong. The lirr branch above 63rd drive rego park is the working one. The abandoned rockaway lirr branch will guide the new (M) to rego park from howard beach jfk airport station, getting into tunnel before arriving at rego park, meeting the queens blvd line. Then the (M) will run express between roosevelt avenue jackson heights to queensplaza, only during peak hours, other time making all local stops in queens. Rest of them, will operate sixth avenue, then going back eastbound via jamaica/myrtle avenue line, to Metropolitan Avenue Middle Village, all full time local service.

Wait. Sorry im wrong. The lirr branch above 63rd drive rego park is the working one. The abandoned rockaway lirr branch will guide the new (M) to rego park from howard beach jfk airport station, getting into tunnel before arriving at rego park, meeting the queens blvd line. Then the (M) will run express between roosevelt avenue jackson heights to queensplaza, only during peak hours, other time making all local stops in queens. Rest of them, will operate sixth avenue, then going back eastbound via jamaica/myrtle avenue line, to Metropolitan Avenue Middle Village, all full time local service.

Why would the (M) run express? There is no additional capacity.

Why would the (M) run express? There is no additional capacity.[/quote]

Sorry, not peak hours. Only at daytimes, to let the customer catch their flights, flying from JFK, the Howard Beach (M) will operate only one way express, bypassing from QueensPlaza to Roosevelt Avenue Jackson Heights, which is a station for customers on the other hand, transfering to Q70 Limited to catch their plane departing LGA. Before arriving that station, (M) will switch to local track, to turn right easily to get on the rockaway branch. At late night hours, after midnight to six in the morning, all (M) will then operate local. At all times, the one going to Metropolitan middle village will make all local stops.

Why would the (M) run express? There is no additional capacity.[/quote]

Sorry, not peak hours. Only at daytimes, to let the customer catch their flights, flying from JFK, the Howard Beach (M) will operate only one way express, bypassing from QueensPlaza to Roosevelt Avenue Jackson Heights, which is a station for customers on the other hand, transfering to Q70 Limited to catch their plane departing LGA. Before arriving that station, (M) will switch to local track, to turn right easily to get on the rockaway branch. At late night hours, after midnight to six in the morning, all (M) will then operate local. At all times, the one going to Metropolitan middle village will make all local stops.

this still doesn't make sense. It would just confuse passengers.

Then let the (M) run local all times in both directions. Also, since the local stations between queensplaza and roosevelt avenue jackson heights along via queens blvd line, dont pack lots of customers, one or more should be eliminated to free more electricity for the abandoned rockaway branch.

Also for (N)(Q)(R) broadway line in manhattan, eliminate 28 Street, since theres not so many bus routes there, and speed up the (R) and the new (W) little.

Or I got the better idea; The (E) will take care Howard Beach. Instead of moving the (M) to Howard Beach, why not extending the (E) to that terminus and move the (M) to Rosedale? So, from Howard Beach JFK airport to World Trade Center, via Rockaway Branch, Queens Blvd line after 63rd Drive Rego Park, 8 Avenue in Manhattan, then terminates at World Trade Center.

And also I changed my mind, since Rosedale is way too far due south east from Jamaica, I'll cut off the extension, and terminate the (M) at Jamaica Center, because the (M) will make all local stops.

Archived