Dozens Killed, Scores Injured in Multiple Attacks in Brussels

Lance

Brussels went into lockdown on Tuesday after a series of explosions rocked the city's airport and subway, leaving at least 26 dead in what appeared to be a coordinated attack. Officials raised the terror threat level, shut down all public transport in the city and advised locals to stay indoors after the blasts, which also wounded dozens. Belgium's federal prosecutor said one of two explosions at the airport was likely caused by a suicide bomber and that all three blasts were acts of terrorism.

Read more: Source

This crap happens all the time in places like Turkey and Syria. This is sad and all, but Europeans and by extension us Americans live in a world that is insulated from violence. The violence has longed ceased, for the most part, in Europe and the US, but the rest of the world suffers. Which is why I am at the point in which I feel mad not because terrorists just killed 30 people, but because this type of sympathy and compassion is never shown to the refugees who come into Europe escaping from ISIS and their brand of violence. Watch, Facebook and Google are going to be putting all types of doodles to support Belgium. But they'll never do it for Syria and the like.

This crap happens all the time in places like Turkey and Syria. This is sad and all, but Europeans and by extension us Americans live in a world that is insulated from violence. The violence has longed ceased, for the most part, in Europe and the US, but the rest of the world suffers. Which is why I am at the point in which I feel mad not because terrorists just killed 30 people, but because this type of sympathy and compassion is never shown to the refugees who come into Europe escaping from ISIS and their brand of violence. Watch, Facebook and Google are going to be putting all types of doodles to support Belgium. But they'll never do it for Syria and the like.

Fully agree with you. And yes, there will be a time when the social network is gonna go around being like, "Hey, please support the Brussels attack." I'd expect it to be out in  no less than a week.

Fully agree with you. And yes, there will be a time when the social network is gonna go around being like, "Hey, please support the Brussels attack." I'd expect it to be out in  no less than a week.

Same thing happened in Lebanon. They got attacked the same day as Paris... (not a word form the news or a doodle form Facebook. They wouldn't even give them the flag overlay.

Same thing happened in Lebanon. They got attacked the same day as Paris... (not a word form the news or a doodle form Facebook. They wouldn't even give them the flag overlay.

That's because it wasn't the same day. It was the day before.

The reasoning is that Syria,Lebanon and the like have had this stuff going on for awhile. Also Americans pretty much consider the Middle East a savage land where stuff like that happens every day.

Savage is a relative word. People easily forget the worst wars of history and the bloodiest massacres in the world have occurred in Europe. Europe is happy this crap is happening elsewhere now. These terrorists make it look more civilized than they really are. Remember, Germany

That's precisely why it garners so much attention. Europe has been fortunate enough to have avoided a lot of violence since World War II, thus, when something like this happens, it will attract a lot of attention. If a grisly murder occurs in an up and coming neighborhood like Battery Park, people will be more shocked than if it happened in the Bronx, because it's an irregular occurence. Doesn't make what happened in the Bronx or in Syria any less tragic, but it doesn't surprise anyone because it's the status quo at present.

Savage is a relative word. People easily forget the worst wars of history and the bloodiest massacres in the world have occurred in Europe. Europe is happy this crap is happening elsewhere now. These terrorists make it look more civilized than they really are. Remember, Germany

After WW1,rampant inflation,far right fanatics like the Freikorps,huge debt payments,demoralization lead to any fool to spout hateful things. A charismatic one.

Archived