ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 7/22/2021 at 1:09 AM, Schecter said:

I agree with the hairy chest they tried thousands of times trying to place the ekg things on my chest until they had to shave me having me looking like a man o lantern. Hairy chest gang :( damn genetics 

And dont put lotion or deodorant all over you like yours truly or youll incur the wrath of said nurse as she scrubs you down with alcohol pads, and applies several layers of scotch tape to each sensor, trying to get them to stay put

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys just wanted to know how long after turning in the canvass email do I have to wait for the drug test appointment?  I emailed the canvass July 15th.

List# high 18xx

Cert# 51x

You should be this coming week if the 16s have medical starting monday

Hey all, just found this forum while looking into info on the medical assessment, so this is my first post.

Does anyone know if they are able to look up medical records based on signing the affirmation? I saw discussion of this in the last T/O exam topic from 11 years ago. It seems like they would need a HIPAA specific waiver for medical records and that is why they do their own assessment.

Let's say someone was recently diagnosed with a mild condition they're worried would put them on medical hold. They're in the process of getting the condition treated and it does not affect them at work. Additionally, treatment should be complete within a couple months. Is it worth disclosing this, being put on the medical hold, and having to be retested for the absence of the condition every 6 months, or not?

Thanks from a newbie

4 minutes ago, grumpygato said:

Hey all, just found this forum while looking into info on the medical assessment, so this is my first post.

Does anyone know if they are able to look up medical records based on signing the affirmation? I saw discussion of this in the last T/O exam topic from 11 years ago. It seems like they would need a HIPAA specific waiver for medical records and that is why they do their own assessment.

Let's say someone was recently diagnosed with a mild condition they're worried would put them on medical hold. They're in the process of getting the condition treated and it does not affect them at work. Additionally, treatment should be complete within a couple months. Is it worth disclosing this, being put on the medical hold, and having to be retested for the absence of the condition every 6 months, or not?

Thanks from a newbie

First of all, welcome.  Second of all, FULL disclosure with MTA .  They will find out absolutely everything and anything from what I’m told.  

also, can you please provide your list number in the format : 18xx and state if you’re high or low in that range of numbers please.  Don’t disclose your whole number

List no. 18XX and I got the email and phone call to attend drug testing for August 4th less than five minutes ago. Super stoked, but kind of freaking out still since I'm still waiting on my new ID to come in the mail. All I have right now is a piece of paper as an interim license. It's been a full week since going in for it and I still have three mailing days to get it before my appointment, which I'm assuming I can bring in the updated paperwork with it when I go in that day, but if it doesn't come I'm not sure what they'll do. 

It also says in the email "if applicable bring CDL License Class B with passenger endorsement" which I'm assuming is meant for Bus Operators and not train ops since that was never stated before but it threw me off at first. 

2 hours ago, grumpygato said:

Thanks from a newbie

Depends on what it is, but generally if your doctor doesn't stupidly send it to Transit, you're fine. Generally, it's sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and diabetes are the top three they look out for.