ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys I have my drug test appointment tomorrow at 8am!!  Is wearing a tie necessary??  

Not at all, just business casual. Polo shirt is fine with slacks and all black sneakers, maybe some dress shoes if you have them. That's how I do it and they are fine with it.

Edited by JoeBro0993

On 8/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, Jericho said:

Either you were suppose to get a letter in the mail stating you were eliminated via the 1 in 3 rule or they forgot about you (which has happened!). Either way, I would contact Michelle Vargas and see what your situation is.

Michelle.Rivera-Vargas@nyct.com

Hey thanks again, i’m back on track and go in this Friday for medical.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:39 PM, Fiye said:

Any updates from those that started school car this week? 

I didn't start last week, but I will be in the August 30th Class (Beginning of mid/end of Early 17XX, Certification Number XXX). As someone who did Conductor School Car, I have 3 pieces of Advice from the one main piece of advice. 

Obey your Green and White Paper.

1) For the latter, til you pick up your EPIC/PASS, it's where your PASS and BSC will be. It's best to either keep them on your person, or put it in a secure spot. You'll use those to get certain places.

2) Your Green Paper will have what you need to get your Shoes/Boots and how you will report in for the first day.

3) (And this is vital) It will also have where you report on Day 2. Whatever time it tells you be there, try to get there 30 minutes before. Sharp means just that. The TSSs are not playing.

Everything else, we will be experiencing together.

Edited by AgPhoenix2581

38 minutes ago, AgPhoenix2581 said:

I didn't start last week, but I will be in the August 30th Class (Beginning of mid/end of Early 17XX, Certification Number XXX). As someone who did Conductor School Car, I have 3 pieces of Advice from the one main piece of advice. 

Obey your Green and White Paper.

1) For the latter, til you pick up your EPIC/PASS, it's where your PASS and BSC will be. It's best to either keep them on your person, or put it in a secure spot. You'll use those to get certain places.

2) Your Green Paper will have what you need to get your Shoes/Boots and how you will report in for the first day.

3) (And this is vital) It will also have where you report on Day 2. Whatever time it tells you be there, try to get there 30 minutes before. Sharp means just that. The TSSs are not playing.

Everything else, we will be experiencing together.

Is your certification 2XX by any chance?

On 8/3/2021 at 6:59 PM, Guts said:

Been following this group for a min and it's very informative. First with CR title and now with TO. Has anybody in this group been called for their drug test that are in the low 2000's?

I wish man, gotta get through all of those .  I think they called up to 2000 but I can’t be sure

On 8/3/2021 at 6:59 PM, Guts said:

Been following this group for a min and it's very informative. First with CR title and now with TO. Has anybody in this group been called for their drug test that are in the low 2000's?

I’m the low 2000s. I haven’t gotten a canvas yet. I’m assuming they stopped in the 1900s as far as canvassing. 

Did the drug test yesterday. Took about five hours to show up and get out, and that's with me getting there before the lines got really long so I don't know how long the other guys were there for. Sat for over two hours just waiting for them to process my paperwork. The actual drug test took maybe 25 minutes. Looking at the sign in list, it seemed like there was a ton more bus operators that day than train operators. As far as dressing up for it, most seemed to be in slacks and button up shirts, but there was a good amount of people dressed like they just woke up for the day. lol

2 minutes ago, dee-bees said:

Did the drug test yesterday. Took about five hours to show up and get out, and that's with me getting there before the lines got really long so I don't know how long the other guys were there for. Sat for over two hours just waiting for them to process my paperwork. The actual drug test took maybe 25 minutes. Looking at the sign in list, it seemed like there was a ton more bus operators that day than train operators. As far as dressing up for it, most seemed to be in slacks and button up shirts, but there was a good amount of people dressed like they just woke up for the day. lol

Took my drug test yesterday too..let me know if u get the medical Email and I’ll do the same

18 hours ago, Ironbravo said:

Hey thanks again, i’m back on track and go in this Friday for medical.

Yea, no trouble at all. Very glad they didn't decide that you missed your chance.

Although I'm assuming that's why they email and call to cover their butts.

14 minutes ago, AngelQ said:

Hey guys I did the drug test today which took about 3 hours so it wasn't that bad.  They told me I would receive an email for the physical exam next so how long how till that?  

High 18xx 

They told me anything between 3 days and 3 weeks.

On 8/2/2021 at 7:42 PM, Ironbravo said:

I’m just curious i’m not 15xx and haven’t been called for medical but you those of you in the 17s have and sworn in…….am I missing something?

I'm in the same position you were in. Did you email Ms Vargas? Did she actually respond? Low 16xx cert 2xx

Good Morning guys, wanted to give the forum an update about the sleep apnea test before medical. I went in yesterday for medical and it turns out that the doctor accepted the test I took. So please let it be known that they do accept sleep apnea test if you take it before medical. It just has to be recent. I was sworn in yesterday for the August 30th class. Thank all of you for all the help and god bless. I will see you guys in training. LETS CRUSH IT!!!!!

1 minute ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Good Morning guys, wanted to give the forum an update about the sleep apnea test before medical. I went in yesterday for medical and it turns out that the doctor accepted the test I took. So please let it be known that they do accept sleep apnea test if you take it before medical. It just has to be recent. I was sworn in yesterday for the August 30th class. Thank all of you for all the help and god bless. I will see you guys in training. LETS CRUSH IT!!!!!

Nice I'm glad they took it, i knew that had to. Congrats and good luck.

1 hour ago, JoeBro0993 said:

Great News now question are you Mild? If so then they wont bother with you every again about this i believe if you aren't..

Then  every six months they are going to ask for machine readings

Edited by RTOMan

5 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Great News now question are you Mild? If so then they wont bother with you every again about this i believe if you aren't..

As long as he doesn't gain too much weight. If he gains enough, idk the number, he will have to submit a new reading.

24 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

I have mild sleep apnea on a low level. So the doctor said I’m good. Plus I got a gastric bypass so I’m going to be losing a lot of weight. I’m good for the rest of my career.