ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, once again, for clarification purposes: 

How is it that lower list numbers in the 39's and 40's are being called before higher ones. Mine is mid 36xx but no e-mail as of yet. 

:blink: it also appears on the official list under cert expiration date is April 7. What does that mean? 

Certification sequence number is 697...whatever that also means...

Edited by JV620

12 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

I was curious is other peoples experience, when placed on medical hold, I emailed them today to set appointment up to clear it, so they take a long time to respond? I’m hoping I can still get into the April 11th class. TIA. 

I was on medical hold and I emailed to schedule to come in to clear it and they replied within 2 days

Anyone know more or less when will the next class begin after the April 11th one? How often are they putting in classes. I'm close so if I'm getting in I'd like to take a vacation before starting. 2nd how does the mta feel about u having a second job

36 minutes ago, Lavos212 said:

Anyone know more or less when will the next class begin after the April 11th one? How often are they putting in classes. I'm close so if I'm getting in I'd like to take a vacation before starting. 2nd how does the mta feel about u having a second job

When you go and do pre-employment and print out all the stuff you gotta fill out, there’s a form that you give your other employers information and they have to approve if you can keep that job as well…. But I don’t think they do it often because they want you to be at their disposal I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

When you go and do pre-employment and print out all the stuff you gotta fill out, there’s a form that you give your other employers information and they have to approve if you can keep that job as well…. But I don’t think they do it often because they want you to be at their disposal I’m sure. 

It's a self employed job you can work whenever you want and take off whenever you want. Doesn't interfere at all. Hopefully they approve it. Thank you

7 hours ago, Lavos212 said:

It's a self employed job you can work whenever you want and take off whenever you want. Doesn't interfere at all. Hopefully they approve it. Thank you

trust me on this......when ur on XX ur body will break down and won't want to do ANYTHING else after work.  during YX too especially when you switch tours

32 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

trust me on this......when ur on XX ur body will break down and won't want to do ANYTHING else after work.  during YX too especially when you switch tours

I don't want to sound arrogant but I been a Correction officer for the city since I was 21 I know what long hours are unfortunately 

28 minutes ago, Lavos212 said:

I don't want to sound arrogant but I been a Correction officer for the city since I was 21 I know what long hours are unfortunately 

then you will thrive on this job.  and if ur healthy/fit.  i'm not fit and my gut looks like a nuclear disaster

On 4/2/2022 at 1:04 AM, JV620 said:

So, once again, for clarification purposes: 

How is it that lower list numbers in the 39's and 40's are being called before higher ones. Mine is mid 36xx but no e-mail as of yet. 

:blink: it also appears on the official list under cert expiration date is April 7. What does that mean? 

Certification sequence number is 697...whatever that also means...

Don’t worry about the certification expiring. When you see a new certification it means DCAS sent a list of names to consider for appointment.   You’re still “on the list”   
the certification sequence number tells you how many people are AHEAD of you. So, there are 696 names with a list number lower than yours who are eligible to be considered for appointment 

16 minutes ago, Sgomez31 said:

I’m asking about boots I can purchase outside the website 

You can purchase outside boots but they have to match the safety requirements that mta requires, and then you'll need to get the boots approved by a superintendent, also the boots must be new and unworn before getting them approved and you can get reimbursed just bring the receipt, or ask a tss for help.

On 4/3/2022 at 6:37 PM, trackerjack said:

Yeah...this isn't wholly accurate. Least in my experience.

Been xx for some time and still find time to do plenty after work. Not always, but also not like it never happens either.