ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Congratulations to all the newly hired or ones starting soon. I'll see you out there, preferably in a positive situation. If you see me out there and want to pick my brain, feel free to pull me aside. We were all new down here, and it pisses me off when some employees forget that. 

Not to toot my own horn, but if you want a hint of what you're about to expect, peruse this:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, STtoMTA said:

And anyone have latest list number called. 

I got called for Pre - Employment on Friday. List #375* . Going to 180 Livingston Ave on Thursday at 12.  I have diabetes. Do you know what medical papers are needed specially for pre - employment so it doesn't hold up my process. Thank you.

58 minutes ago, JSquared said:

I got called for Pre - Employment on Friday. List #375* . Going to 180 Livingston Ave on Thursday at 12.  I have diabetes. Do you know what medical papers are needed specially for pre - employment so it doesn't hold up my process. Thank you.

Type 1 or Type 2? There is a questionnaire you will complete before the medical portion of pre-employment that will ask you to list all ailments and current medications. I'm guessing you're doing the drug testing portion of pre-employment this coming Thursday. Just set up an appointment with your doctor fairly soon if you feel there are things you're afraid of holding up the process. If you're overweight and have a large neck you will be placed on medical hold and asked to do a sleep study to test for sleep apnea. If you already have sleep apnea and use a machine for it then get a letter (and the last month+ of your data readouts if you can) and bring that with you once you're called for medical. Just be proactive about things.

27 minutes ago, Lavos212 said:

Going tomorrow for initial pre-employment what should I expect?

You'll be there all day.  Eat a big breakfast and have a external battery pack for your phone.  Go early if you can.  My time slot was 12. I got there at that time only to have all of the people who look over your paper work go on lunch 1230 to 130. I ended up being there until 6.

2 hours ago, TraDon said:

Type 1 or Type 2? There is a questionnaire you will complete before the medical portion of pre-employment that will ask you to list all ailments and current medications. I'm guessing you're doing the drug testing portion of pre-employment this coming Thursday. Just set up an appointment with your doctor fairly soon if you feel there are things you're afraid of holding up the process. If you're overweight and have a large neck you will be placed on medical hold and asked to do a sleep study to test for sleep apnea. If you already have sleep apnea and use a machine for it then get a letter (and the last month+ of your data readouts if you can) and bring that with you once you're called for medical. Just be proactive about things.

Someone else on this board said you any medical you might need has to be dated as close to your medical exam as possible. I took this to mean that we can't even make possible appointments needed for documentation until after we are notified regarding medical exam appointment.

2 hours ago, thegameksk said:

Someone else on this board said you any medical you might need has to be dated as close to your medical exam as possible. I took this to mean that we can't even make possible appointments needed for documentation until after we are notified regarding medical exam appointment.

Then do not get anything from your doctor(s) until after your medical appointment (provided you pass the drug test AND they get to your list number) and are placed on medical hold.

12 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Then do not get anything from your doctor(s) until after your medical appointment (provided you pass the drug test AND they get to your list number) and are placed on medical hold.

Have your done medical yet?

Either way I'm stuck. I already use a cpap machine but when I went for pre-employment at livingston they told me I'd need a print out of my cpap readings from 28 days after contacted to do medical and only my dr has that.

Edited by thegameksk

21 minutes ago, TraDon said:

Does anyone know the latest list # they called for medical?

40 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Have your done medical yet?

Either way I'm stuck. I already use a cpap machine but when I went for pre-employment at livingston they told me I'd need a print out of my cpap readings from 28 days after contacted to do medical and only my dr has that.

I have done medical...twice so far. I've done the drug test and medical twice. Still on medical hold. First time U was placed on hold to do sleep apnea testing. The second time was because they wanted 30 days of readings. U have those readings now after a months long odyssey of getting tested, going back for the second part of sleep testing. Waiting for insurance to approve all of that as well as there being a shortage of cpap machines that I had no idea about. Had to reinstate my name back to the list (for conductor) and now waiting for that to be done. Then I will have to do the drug test again and hopefully clear the hold this time.

You're halfway there with already having a machine. You'll just get the 28 days together after they put you on hold and go back to clear it. I would still bring your most recent 30 days of readouts (this depends on when you get asked in for medical) just to have it to show. Doesn't mean they will accept it, but it's worth a shot. 

Edited by TraDon

12 minutes ago, TraDon said:

I have done medical...twice so far. I've done the drug test and medical twice. Still on medical hold. First time U was placed on hold to do sleep apnea testing. The second time was because they wanted 30 days of readings. U have those readings now after a months long odyssey of getting tested, going back for the second part of sleep testing. Waiting for insurance to approve all of that as well as there being a shortage of cpap machines that I had no idea about. Had to reinstate my name back to the list (for conductor) and now waiting for that to be done. Then I will have to do the drug test again and hopefully clear the hold this time.

You're halfway there with already having a machine. You'll just get the 28 days together after they put you on hold and go back to clear it. I would still bring your most recent 30 days of readouts (this depends on when you get asked in for medical) just to have it to show. Doesn't mean they will accept it, but it's worth a shot. 

Yea I'm gong to bring stuff even if its dated just in case. I have a physical Thursday. Last time I went to dr my bp was a little high but he said I didn't need meds. He said he would give me a note saying its safe for me to operate the train to give to the MTA.

Edited by thegameksk

31 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

Yea I'm gong to bring stuff even if its dated just in case. I have a physical Thursday. Last time I went to dr my bp was a little high but he said I didn't need meds. He said he would give me a note saying its safe for me to operate the train to give to the MTA.

i'm still a greenhorn here, still in traning, and what i've seen so far is......damnnnnn health is so important on this job.  i can see how some folks gets so biiiiiig after they becoming TOs.  i, myself, need to hit the gym asap if/when i graduate!  my gut is just atrocious.  

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

i'm still a greenhorn here, still in traning, and what i've seen so far is......damnnnnn health is so important on this job.  i can see how some folks gets so biiiiiig after they becoming TOs.  i, myself, need to hit the gym asap if/when i graduate!  my gut is just atrocious.  

The funny thing is I'm not in that bad shape.  I have a belly but I work out twice a week and run 45 minutes twice a week. Just have shitty genes.

10 hours ago, TraDon said:

What about asthma? Does that constitute a medical hold? 

10 hours ago, TraDon said:

@SevenEleven Would you know if asthma constitute's a medical hold? Thank u in advance for your help.

6 hours ago, trackerjack said:

The tricks are to eat lunch from home, fruit and nuts as snacks in lieu of other so-called junk food, and portion control. Exercise is probably the hardest given the wonky schedules once you're XX, but the rest are things that you have some control over.