ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

14 hours ago, thegameksk said:

So you can just hand write in the dates and they will accept it? For the signature so they require us to sign in front of them?

Yeah, I fill the date while I'm waiting, and no you don't sign in front of them. The lady at the counter suggested it to me so that anytime they call me I don't have to rewrite everything. I got called 5 times for pre-employment before I was invited for the medical, I wasn't about to fill out the forms over and over.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/19/2022 at 10:03 AM, trackerjack said:

i'm a greenhorn and all i hear is platform is a way to punish. for a whole month.  or more. :( i dunno which stories are true or urban legends 

Depends on the infraction... 

Sometimes it works out to "Don't do it again" without seeing a day on the platform.

Don't let it stress you out, chit happens we was all new once...

Edited by RTOMan

1 hour ago, thegameksk said:

My email said to arrive by 12 for pre-employment. Should I show up earlier? Would I be able to get done quicker if do so?

I would say definitely show up an hour or two earlier. They won’t make you wait till 12 lol

2 hours ago, Em93 said:

Got called in for a medical guys ! 

for those that have done it already, how long is the process after the medical ? Or is it same day to get an answer if you’re in or not. 

thanks. 

you will know if you passed your medical or not.....the whole process may take the whole day 5-7 hours.  you will get sworn in, if you pass the MED, this is the last phase as i remembered.  once you're sworn in....you will go into the next earliest class......and if that's full......you'll be placed in the next class a month out if it's available

LET'S GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, trackerjack said:

you will know if you passed your medical or not.....the whole process may take the whole day 5-7 hours.  you will get sworn in, if you pass the MED, this is the last phase as i remembered.  once you're sworn in....you will go into the next earliest class......and if that's full......you'll be placed in the next class a month out if it's available

LET'S GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man !! I’m hype. 

The Email did say expected class is April 11th. 

26 minutes ago, felixagustinr92 said:

Did everyone that got called in for medical recently complete every form that was attached to the email ? Did you guys also fill out the nycers form at the end of the ta new hire forms.. asking because I only got to fill out the cpd- b and ta new hire forms 

Fill out everything it says on the instruction sheet. 

We were never officially taught how to read an Absentee list + Work-Program. 
So i don't know where to ask but here.  hopefully someone can shed a light on these codes? Now that i need to know them now but I think it'll help eventualy.
Would greatly appreicate it 

XX = Extra Extra
YX = yard extra
VX = Vacation Extra ?
XL = Extra List (extra board?)

Now the Codes I don't know:
CA
OR
MOVE
WC
CTR
CD
VR
NA

Also on the Work Program, what does these letters mean? (they are next to the times worked per day)
AL
AC

Thanks a Bunch!!!  :) 

3 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

For pre-employment and medical do we have to wear dress clothes? I'm coming from work and would rather my job not know I might be leaving soon

So yes and no. Like I saw many people in there not even trying to wear something considered “professional” but just pack a polo and dress pants with you to change into. No one will think it’s for an interview or anything as long as it’s not too dressed up. 

48 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

For pre-employment and medical do we have to wear dress clothes? I'm coming from work and would rather my job not know I might be leaving soon

I have been up to 180 Livingston four times so far. The first couple of times I wore business casual but saw people there in everything from business suits to dirty work clothing. The third time I wore jeans. The last time I wore sweats. In my experience it doesn't even matter. But the email does ask for business casual.

49 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

For my pre-employment it says

You must complete an Online Health Questionnaire the day before your appointment. (See Employment Center Instructions)

Does anyone know how I access this online health questionnaire?

They should have attached a PDF with instructions when you go to 180 Livingston.. the link should be there. 

6 hours ago, thegameksk said:

come in street clothes.  not worth setting off alarms in ur current job.  pre employment doesnt mean employment unfortunately in transit :(  

On 3/22/2022 at 8:30 AM, Em93 said:

Got called in for a medical guys ! 

for those that have done it already, how long is the process after the medical ? Or is it same day to get an answer if you’re in or not. 

thanks. 

What's your list #?