ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DreamBiG said:

Damn my list number is 321* went in for pre-employment in March still haven’t received anything yet. 

Given someone here in the 34XX a couple pages ago said they are going in for medical and if you really want this job, I would check your spam folder, contact them, and/or go to 180 Livingston 5th floor and find out what happened.

4 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Who are the people that have most recently gone for medical and their list numbers? 

Hopefully they're closer to the 4000s I spoke to a tss yesterday he said there's more classes coming up btw.

Edited by Schecter

On 4/27/2022 at 6:53 PM, CC1191 said:

How long does it usually take to clear a medical hold? Got checked for sleep apnea and passed will i still be able to get into the 5/16 class? 

Did you go back to 180 Livingston and give the doctor your test results? When you were put on hold, they should have told you to come back ASAP with the results.

Question guys/girls they ask to bring in your original copy of High School Diploma/GED/College Degree. HAS ANYONE HERE NOT BOUGHT IT IN? I did not bring it in my pre-employment but I know it’s asking for it going to Medical. 

17 minutes ago, TA718 said:

Question guys/girls they ask to bring in your original copy of High School Diploma/GED/College Degree. HAS ANYONE HERE NOT BOUGHT IT IN? I did not bring it in my pre-employment but I know it’s asking for it going to Medical. 

The people in that office are paper pushers that dot their i's and t's. Try to get in touch with your school if you don't have it.

1 hour ago, TA718 said:

Paper never said you needed a college degree 🤔

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

The people in that office are paper pushers that dot their i's and t's. Try to get in touch with your school if you don't have it.

I figured that. But I went to pre-employment without it and they didn’t say a word. I mean I was in the system before so they must know I have it.

36 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Paper never said you needed a college degree 🤔

Yea, it says it in the email they sent. Either have one of those if you have the original to bring it in. But I know I didn’t bring it in before and like I said they did not say a word of it. I bought everything else except that. 

30 minutes ago, Schecter said:

You don't need one if you have it great but you need at the lowest a GED or HS Diploma 

I do have a HS diploma. But I don’t physically have it with me. I know I went in for pre-employment and they did never mentioned it about seeing it. I have proof that I did receive it but I don’t have the physically copy of it on hand. 

7 hours ago, Jericho said:

Did you go back to 180 Livingston and give the doctor your test results? When you were put on hold, they should have told you to come back ASAP with the results.

My appointment to clear the hold is may 11th doubt that gets me into may 16th class but hope it gets me into the next class if it doesn’t

1 hour ago, CC1191 said:

My appointment to clear the hold is may 11th doubt that gets me into may 16th class but hope it gets me into the next class if it doesn’t

Be positive!! It can happen! I cleared my medical hold April 6th, they said April 11th class was full. Then I got a call on April 7th saying that they approved more spots in the class and I could come in for final processing on April 8th which was only three days before the start of class! It can happen!!

1 hour ago, lizzydriver said:

i hope they give the 4000s a chance :(

What shift is best for folks who don't like human interaction from coworkers / supervisors / dispatchers?  AM vs PM vs Mid-nights??  I just want to be left alone.

Well they are already calling up 4,4xx according to the last postings, but as a train op you will be dealing more with supervision straight up all the time, I was a conductor I dealt with passengers more then my train op, my train op dealt with rail control center , and dispatch and tower operators, as my self , but the train op has it a lil smoother then the conductor dealing with passengers, even though it is part of the job and both the train op and conductor are responsible for that train, how ever I'll say the mid night shifts.

10 hours ago, lizzydriver said:

What shift is best for folks who don't like human interaction from coworkers / supervisors / dispatchers?  AM vs PM vs Mid-nights??  I just want to be left alone.

Don't get this job "expecting" to be left alone....

Especially when you start as extra extra, there will be times depending on where you are there wont be a whole of of people but there will be people.

No matter what tour.

As a TO you'll like being alone in that cab though! 

Edited by RTOMan

10 hours ago, lizzydriver said:

This may not be the job for you then lol.

42 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

maybe get promoted to TSS or DISpatcher

C/R, T/O, TSS wear uniforms for a reason, because they have public interaction. Those jobs literally have to deal with co-workers, the general public, and management on a daily bases.

2 hours ago, underground traveler said:

Hey guys just checking for updates has anyone above 4400 been called for medical yet? My number is #459* my pre employment is on the 10th but i'm just anxious 

442x pre employ Wednesday may 4

5 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

Please update how it goes. Good luck and im wishing a june class for all of us lol

Yesssssirrrr GOD willing…. and will do ,appointment is at 12 so I'll probably be there til midnight lol 

14 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Be positive!! It can happen! I cleared my medical hold April 6th, they said April 11th class was full. Then I got a call on April 7th saying that they approved more spots in the class and I could come in for final processing on April 8th which was only three days before the start of class! It can happen!!

What was your hold if you don’t mind me asking?