ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, TCart said:

I’ve also noticed people are down here for an interview. I know every job goes through an interview process but my question is the interview is it a standard interview answering interview questions ? Or is it just someone telling you about the job description and other info ? And when will it be ? After medical? Same day as medical/final processing ? 

It's not even an interview...

Step 1) take exam pass with a good score get called for the drug test pee in a cup, takes 2 to 3 days for results to come back.

Step 2) medical; they want to make sure you're healthy enough to do the job safely. EKG, vision, weight and height, bmi, hearing, color blind test, and making sure you don't have sleep apnea. You'll answer questions on a computer and paper.

Step 3) you're qualified hooray! Fingerprints get taken and sit back outside, a person will then call you into a room and hand you the rules and regulations book, go over the hourly pay, and hand you a paper to order your boots and where and what time to report for the first day of class. Then get sworn in and now you're part of NYCT, all you gotta do now is get through 9 months of training if you're in the B division or 6 months of training if you're in the A division.

In summary this isn't an interview style hiring process, but a very long process and of course repetitive but in the end it'll all pay off.

3 hours ago, Schecter said:

It's not even an interview...

Step 1) take exam pass with a good score get called for the drug test pee in a cup, takes 2 to 3 days for results to come back.

Step 2) medical; they want to make sure you're healthy enough to do the job safely. EKG, vision, weight and height, bmi, hearing, color blind test, and making sure you don't have sleep apnea. You'll answer questions on a computer and paper.

Step 3) you're qualified hooray! Fingerprints get taken and sit back outside, a person will then call you into a room and hand you the rules and regulations book, go over the hourly pay, and hand you a paper to order your boots and where and what time to report for the first day of class. Then get sworn in and now you're part of NYCT, all you gotta do now is get through 9 months of training if you're in the B division or 6 months of training if you're in the A division.

In summary this isn't an interview style hiring process, but a very long process and of course repetitive but in the end it'll all pay off.

Thanks for the information. What if I have a bad driving record? One dwi one reckless  driving. But my license has now been clean for 5 years. 

Hey my list number is 40xx I got called in for pre employment and drug tested.At said time I couldn’t hand them my highschool transcript because it wasn’t notarized .I have received a call or an email my pre employment was 4/11 .I really have been waiting a life time for this .My dad works transit and there isn’t anything he would like more then for me to get in .What am I waiting / should be looking for what if I have tickets or something how would they contact me .When Would I receive another email or any updates.What should I search for in my email.How would I know if my application was terminated .

3 minutes ago, Ovopassion said:

Hey my list number is 40xx I got called in for pre employment and drug tested.At said time I couldn’t hand them my highschool transcript because it wasn’t notarized .I have received a call or an email my pre employment was 4/11 .I really have been waiting a life time for this .My dad works transit and there isn’t anything he would like more then for me to get in .What am I waiting / should be looking for what if I have tickets or something how would they contact me .When Would I receive another email or any updates.What should I search for in my email.How would I know if my application was terminated .

When they told you had to get the transcript notarized, didn't they tell you how to come back? I would've ran to the bank and came right back, tbh.

I would send an email to Olha.Nyahay@nyct.com to try and get an update.

DCAS recently recertified a new list so you should check if you're on it (https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data)

If not, you should send an email to DCAS (LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov) with your name, title, list number, and last four digits of your SSN to be reinstated.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, TCart said:

@212NY718 I doubt it. Did they call you for P/E yet ? I’m in the 4000’s and ain’t get called for medical yet. I doubt if they sending medical emails out to people in the 5000’s. Just my opinion/guess. 

Not Yet....

The way  some folks are just quitting because they cant deal with a real job i wouldn't be shocked if they don't

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

When they told you had to get the transcript notarized, didn't they tell you how to come back? I would've ran to the bank and came right back, tbh.

I would send an email to Olha.Nyahay@nyct.com to try and get an update.

DCAS recently recertified a new list so you should check if you're on it (https://data.cityofnewyork.us/City-Government/Civil-Service-List-Certification/a9md-ynri/data)

If not, you should send an email to DCAS (LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov) with your name, title, list number, and last four digits of your SSN to be reinstated.

Good luck.

They stated when I come back in for 2nd part of employment and they said mh highschool had to do and that if I left and came back I wouldn’t be let back in .The guy told me to wait for 2nd call back to bring it and what should I be looking for on that scales list my name is still there 

@Kashmulla idk but I told them I hope it’s my 2nd and last time coming for P/E. And they made me print the paperwork out at home and fill out the same information for them to tell me they don’t need the same paperwork because they have the paperwork from my 1st P/E. So if I do get the same email I’m not filling that paperwork out again. 

13 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Not Yet....

The way  some folks are just quitting because they cant deal with a real job i wouldn't be shocked if they don't

i wished more folks quit.  so i can get outta XX hell faster.  but if more newbies quit, that won't help newbies like me since the senority numbers won't really change

On 7/27/2022 at 3:46 AM, JDS1057 said:

So they might be calling me soon you’re saying to come to 180 for drug testing and medical for the August class?  

I would think so. There were a few people in my induction that were reinstated after they postponed taking the job, and after they were reinstated they were put in the next class.