ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, TO22 said:

Does that mean we’ll be sittin in class on thanksgiving lol?

Not necessarily. I mean you might but usually if you’re in the class part, the school car TSS’ usually get holidays I believe? But you’ll find out when you get your schedule for sure lol. Maybe someone from last year that was in a class can answer that for you.

37 minutes ago, TO22 said:

Does that mean we’ll be sittin in class on thanksgiving lol?

Depends which part of training you’re up to. If you’re still in the classroom, you have a good chance of having Thanksgiving off, but if you’re in YX, Road Ops, or Road posting - chances are that you’ll be working during the holidays.

I was lucky enough to start Dec 2018, so I had the holidays off since I was still going through classroom instruction.

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

Depends which part of training you’re up to. If you’re still in the classroom, you have a good chance of having Thanksgiving off, but if you’re in YX, Road Ops, or Road posting - chances are that you’ll be working during the holidays.

I was lucky enough to start Dec 2018, so I had the holidays off since I was still going through classroom instruction.

Sheesh ok I’m starting next week so I’m wondering which phase will i be in 3 to 4 months from now 

23 hours ago, TCart said:

Any advice ? I have a trip partially paid for out the country for my sons birthday in December. I went for my 1st P/E In June 2nd P/E in July. My list # is 47**. I see that they’re emailing/calling 4200s for medical. Should I just focus on taking the trip ? Or should I work on trying to book another date sometime next December ? I don’t want a medical email school car etc to interfere and I lose out on my money. I was thinking I can take the trip but again I’m hesitant because I might receive a medical email near that time. HELPPP LOL 

It happened with me where I took a trip to Colombia and got called for Medical while I was out there. I took a flight back to NY just to do and went back to vacation. This is a huge opportunity you should not miss. If you don’t have the luxury to get a flight back as soon as you get called, I would just hold out on the trip. On the other hand, usually when you get the email for medical, it’s for you to come in the week after so it’s gamble either way. 

Yeah, everyone in the group chat is talking about it and it's sad to hear because we are also YX right now. Reenforces how dangerous this job is, be careful everyone. No one specifically knows what happened, but please remember THREE POINTS OF CONTACT when boarding from the tracks. I do even while putting up barrier springs or crossing from one car to the next while the train is moving.

Edited by rondread445

Hello everyone,

First off my condolence to the tragic event of the Miss who had the unfortunate fate while on the job.  RIP.

I had been lurking for sometime this year, and a few years prior when first looking for info. during the 7604 (T/O) exam period.
I just have to say y'all are a good supportive and informative bunch, thank to y'all for making the process a bit easier to understand.
My fault for never jumping into the forum as early as I should have, just know that others been asking the same type of questions over the course of time, which helped me(and others) as I had those same questions but through constant scrolling I found the responsive or answers. 

However, I come now with a question because I am in a situation that I didn't see coming. Rundown, I got through the first 2 P/E and passed the medical, got sworn in and received a start date for schoolcar (so excited, and to be frank with a better pay, sure am). But now personal matter came up and can't make the scheduled schoolcar. Without getting into much, I'll have to act as a caretaker for a family member day in and day out , for not sure how long.

I am need of knowing how can I keep my number on the list or reinstated for a later date? Any info. I can look up or could anyone point me out to to keep my opportunity alive?
Please and thank you in advance.

56 minutes ago, trainYoda said:

Hello everyone,

First off my condolence to the tragic event of the Miss who had the unfortunate fate while on the job.  RIP.

I had been lurking for sometime this year, and a few years prior when first looking for info. during the 7604 (T/O) exam period.
I just have to say y'all are a good supportive and informative bunch, thank to y'all for making the process a bit easier to understand.
My fault for never jumping into the forum as early as I should have, just know that others been asking the same type of questions over the course of time, which helped me(and others) as I had those same questions but through constant scrolling I found the responsive or answers. 

However, I come now with a question because I am in a situation that I didn't see coming. Rundown, I got through the first 2 P/E and passed the medical, got sworn in and received a start date for schoolcar (so excited, and to be frank with a better pay, sure am). But now personal matter came up and can't make the scheduled schoolcar. Without getting into much, I'll have to act as a caretaker for a family member day in and day out , for not sure how long.

I am need of knowing how can I keep my number on the list or reinstated for a later date? Any info. I can look up or could anyone point me out to to keep my opportunity alive?
Please and thank you in advance.

I would contact HR @ 180 Livingston street 

rtoemploymentoperations@nyct.com

or 

michelle.rivera-vargas@nyct.com

Let them know that you won't be able to work the schedule. Most likely you'll be taken off the list but your list # stays the same. Just reinstate your name through DCAS once your schedule becomes accommodating. You'll get preference when they select from the list again. 

6 hours ago, rondread445 said:

I would contact HR @ 180 Livingston street 

rtoemploymentoperations@nyct.com

or 

michelle.rivera-vargas@nyct.com

Let them know that you won't be able to work the schedule. Most likely you'll be taken off the list but your list # stays the same. Just reinstate your name through DCAS once your schedule becomes accommodating. You'll get preference when they select from the list again. 

Thanks for the response @rondread445
Gonna do so asap. Life gets you down in so many ways, like we're trying to catch a break here.
Good luck to all y'all though.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:00 AM, TCart said:

Any advice ? I have a trip partially paid for out the country for my sons birthday in December. I went for my 1st P/E In June 2nd P/E in July. My list # is 47**. I see that they’re emailing/calling 4200s for medical. Should I just focus on taking the trip ? Or should I work on trying to book another date sometime next December ? I don’t want a medical email school car etc to interfere and I lose out on my money. I was thinking I can take the trip but again I’m hesitant because I might receive a medical email near that time. HELPPP LOL 

TBH if it's your son's Bday......and if you miss it - u'll never experience it again.  i would go to his bday and vacation with the fam.  life is short....we had a T/O cadet that passed from a horrific accident and she never even made it to the road.  super sad.   so yea....live life now.    keep in mind they can always change your dates too....so if u book the trip to another date, they can switch your medical dates too if they need to!  so can't really plan it plan it ya know

@trackerjack thanks for the advice. I’m just kinda thinking would they even make it to the 4700s around that time or just getting there around that time or a little after. It’s hard to predict that with MTA cause you never know. But I’ll make it work eventually. Thanks again and RIP to her so sad smh 

I have date for drug test and paperwork submission.

I was part of a random drug program for over 10 years. I have never tested positive for anything, ever! I never did any drugs, just drank alcohol. 

I recently ( April) was let go due to lack of work. I actually was already considering a career change or at least a better job.  I took tis opportunity to take the summer off and look for a job in the fall, was the plan at least.

Couple weeks after I got my medical card for marijuana.  Using thc was suggested to me by my doctor over the years, but due to random testing I told him I can not use that option. I used gummies and vape only, no smoking. It helped with my symptoms. Honestly, I could have done without but since I could, I did. My plan was to stop using end of August for a potential job and drug test in the fall. 

I get my letter from MTA!

Obviously I stop immediately. Now I will without a doubt not use anymore. 

My appointment is in 2 weeks. 

If i test positive do i have any recourse? will the dq me and that's it? I just not sure how to handle this. 

I am not interested in "beating the system".  I did nothing wrong. I would have never even used if I didn't have a card. I am willing to do hair test at my expense to prove what I am saying is true. I am actually considering doing the hair test now just so I have it and can plead my case at my appointment.

I really want this opportunity. 

Hindsight, if i was paying attention to the list here and then I would have known  I had this coming up and would have acted accordingly. Honestly its been years and I forgot all about this test!

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance.

34 minutes ago, cominginhot said:

I was part of a random drug program for over 10 years. I have never tested positive for anything, ever! I never did any drugs, just drank alcohol. 

I recently ( April) was let go due to lack of work. I actually was already considering a career change or at least a better job.  I took tis opportunity to take the summer off and look for a job in the fall, was the plan at least.

Couple weeks after I got my medical card for marijuana.  Using thc was suggested to me by my doctor over the years, but due to random testing I told him I can not use that option. I used gummies and vape only, no smoking. It helped with my symptoms. Honestly, I could have done without but since I could, I did. My plan was to stop using end of August for a potential job and drug test in the fall. 

If i test positive do i have any recourse? will the dq me and that's it? I just not sure how to handle this. 

I am not interested in "beating the system".  I did nothing wrong. I would have never even used if I didn't have a card. I am willing to do hair test at my expense to prove what I am saying is true. I am actually considering doing the hair test now just so I have it and can plead my case at my appointment.

Hindsight, if i was paying attention to the list here and then I would have known  I had this coming up and would have acted accordingly. Honestly its been years and I forgot all about this test!

Buy a few drug tests from a pharmacy and take them the day before the preemployment. In the meantime drink a lot of water and work out. Depending on your body weight, 2 weeks should be more than enough. It isn't really cheating because all u doing is drinking water and working out. It should leave your system by then but take the at home drug tests to be sure.

3 hours ago, cominginhot said:

You will be disqualified if you test positive for Marijuana no matter the reason for using it. This is a "safety sensitive job" they will not hire you if they find that in your system. I would reschedule and make sure your using is clean by the time you get to your pre employment/drug test date.

4 hours ago, cominginhot said:

quite frankly i would need to borrow some of your gummies right now this week!!!  

6 hours ago, cominginhot said:

Try to flush it from your system if you can. Testing positive will disqualify you, so do some at home tests, if you’re positive, push the appointment back.