ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

9 hours ago, Youngking said:

How do raises work? Is there an annual rate increase or is it the same pay until the union negations happen. 

Should be an annual raise. When out of contract, you remain at the same pay until a new contract is ratified and then back pay will be sent for the raise you should've received in the interim.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Schecter said:

http://www.twulocal100.org/sites/twulocal100.org/files/wage_rates_2019-2023.pdf

You can use that link to check the raises per year the new contract we have expires this year.

shoulda became a RCI or elevator tech guy  :( can we transfer departments or is it as hard as getting the TO job?

1 hour ago, Schecter said:

http://www.twulocal100.org/sites/twulocal100.org/files/wage_rates_2019-2023.pdf

You can use that link to check the raises per year the new contract we have expires this year.

thanks

With the current significant rise in inflation and cost of living due to the pandemic do you expect the next union contract to have a higher raise than normal. 

Finally got in touch with an actual person when I called 1347-643-8217. The women I spoke to said the last appointed was in the 5200s. She also said that January is the only class scheduled for the 2023 (As of right now). I asked if she thinks they’ll be anymore classes and was told it’s a strong possibility, just be patient. High chance I will have to do another 3 month urine test. 

3 hours ago, Youngking said:

thanks

With the current significant rise in inflation and cost of living due to the pandemic do you expect the next union contract to have a higher raise than normal. 

ridership is low though, so it's gonna be tough for the Union to get higher raises, especially since they are already fighting  to stop the service/jobs cuts that are coming next pick. 

12 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

We both have some waiting to do then, i’m #55xx as well. Almost 4 months since I did pre employment & nothing yet 😭

the call will come when u least expect it.  for now....u have something now called "a life". u can go to the park and take a healthy stroll, enjoy a movie out with family and friends or ur kids if u have any.  you can enjoy ur day while the sun is out and not wake up to go to work at around 11pm.  you can go to the gym and get healthy.
once u start RTO in Transit. those will be gone.  just enjoy the leisures now and dont take life for granted!!

1 minute ago, trackerjack said:

the call will come when u least expect it.  for now....u have something now called "a life". u can go to the park and take a healthy stroll, enjoy a movie out with family and friends or ur kids if u have any.  you can enjoy ur day while the sun is out and not wake up to go to work at around 11pm.  you can go to the gym and get healthy.
once u start RTO in Transit. those will be gone.  just enjoy the leisures now and dont take life for granted!!

I’m aware of it all, trust me. I’m living my life as I normally do until they contact me. If I ever get the call, great. If I don’t, I’ll be alright. I’m enjoying all my time now because ik it will eventually come to an end once I start.

30 minutes ago, JGar2023 said:

I’m aware of it all, trust me. I’m living my life as I normally do until they contact me. If I ever get the call, great. If I don’t, I’ll be alright. I’m enjoying all my time now because ik it will eventually come to an end once I start.

you will have a life even after you start with transit. You will be able to enjoy a lot of the things you do now, maybe you will have less time and less control on when your free time is. But transit is not the end of your life.  It's what you make of it. 

2 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

you will have a life even after you start with transit. You will be able to enjoy a lot of the things you do now, maybe you will have less time and less control on when your free time is. But transit is not the end of your life.  It's what you make of it. 

Facts, idk why people make it seem like this job is like working in the gulag, sure it can be rough on your social life but it doesn't end it by any means.

1 hour ago, TOSironi said:

ridership is low though, so it's gonna be tough for the Union to get higher raises, especially since they are already fighting  to stop the service/jobs cuts that are coming next pick. 

Ridership is not low, it was low during Covid but that’s just another bull shit excuse transit uses when they want more money from the government. They received a record breaking Covid grant of 14 billion in 2021 and another 6 billion in 2022. We should be getting raises this upcoming contract, if not it proves how weak our union is. 

1 minute ago, J Cooper said:

Ridership is not low, it was low during Covid but that’s just another bull shit excuse transit uses when they want more money from the government. They received a record breaking Covid grant of 14 billion in 2021 and another 6 billion in 2022. We should be getting raises this upcoming contract, if not it proves how weak our union is. 

it's 40% lower than it was before covid. 

9 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Facts, idk why people make it seem like this job is like working in the gulag, sure it can be rough on your social life but it doesn't end it by any means.

That’s the way others make it seem to be, but I ain’t worried about none of that. To each its own, a job is a job. Every job has it’s pros & cons. Everyone has a different perspective on how they see or do things. I will go with the flow when the time comes.

7 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

it's 40% lower than it was before covid. 

https://www.intelligenttransport.com/transport-news/142216/mta-nyc-subways-single-day-ridership-record-in-december-2022/

not sure what you’re reading but obviously we won’t have 2019 numbers. We just came out of a pandemic. Ridership is slowly going up. 

Just now, J Cooper said:

https://www.intelligenttransport.com/transport-news/142216/mta-nyc-subways-single-day-ridership-record-in-december-2022/

not sure what you’re reading but obviously we won’t have 2019 numbers. We just came out of a pandemic. Ridership is slowly going up. 

https://new.mta.info/coronavirus/ridership

9 minutes ago, J Cooper said:

Actually no, @TOSironi is correct. A single-day high doesn't correlate with a boom of consistent ridership. The (MTA) is looking to cut service, not add. The WFH model has contributed to the low ridership, and with the agency pushing to raise fares, it's evident that ridership isn't as high as it use to be pre-pandemic. I do agree 100% that the people working in RTO should get a raise, it's a lot of BS they're put through to get any sort of stability, and they rightfully deserve it.

6 minutes ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Actually no, @TOSironi is correct. A single-day high doesn't correlate with a boom of consistent ridership. The (MTA) is looking to cut service, not add. The WFH model has contributed to the low ridership, and with the agency pushing to raise fares, it's evident that ridership isn't as high as it use to be pre-pandemic. I do agree 100% that the people working in RTO should get a raise, it's a lot of BS they're put through to get any sort of stability, and they rightfully deserve it.

I'm all for getting bigger raises, I was just saying it'd be hard to get that seen the current circumstances. But I do want bigger raises!

1 hour ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

1 hour ago, TOSironi said:

I'm all for getting bigger raises, I was just saying it'd be hard to get that seen the current circumstances. But I do want bigger raises!

Can't we all just get along?  We're going to get through this together my brothers!  We are all in this together.  Carry on, carry on.  Just another neighborhood friendly TSS strolling by.

3 hours ago, J Cooper said:

Finally got in touch with an actual person when I called 1347-643-8217. The women I spoke to said the last appointed was in the 5200s. She also said that January is the only class scheduled for the 2023 (As of right now). I asked if she thinks they’ll be anymore classes and was told it’s a strong possibility, just be patient. High chance I will have to do another 3 month urine test. 

Hey do you happen to know how the list system works? Is there 10-20 people per list? 

19 minutes ago, Kaax said:

Hey do you happen to know how the list system works? Is there 10-20 people per list? 

Every once in a while, Transit has a number of vacancies to fill as per the budget they are approved to hire. DCAS provides a certified list of people to pull candidates from. The current certified list is dated 7/8/22 for 200 vacancies. Once this is exhausted and if Transit heads approve another budget to hire more people, they'll contact DCAS for an updated certified list that can include people who asked to be restored.