ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

20 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Don't worry about that "Work program" it violates the Pick process..

Got to have ONE daily Job(RDO Relief is a daily job) a Saturday Job and a Sunday Job (Depending on your days off).

So its thrown in the trash....

So some of yall can back away from the Cliff...

Ok back to your regularly Scheduled programming...

What's to stop the powers that be from letting the pick go forward with a regular work program and then releasing a supplement as they did during COVID? Not being contentious just don't think the fight is over that quick.

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, beanz said:

What's to stop the powers that be from letting the pick go forward with a regular work program and then releasing a supplement as they did during COVID? Not being contentious just don't think the fight is over that quick.

COVID was a emergency situation...

They can run a supplement (after 90 days its voided so they got to have a work program to go back to)

This wasn't their plan their plan is a year long pick in RTO, all other departments have it except Surface.

Pick can be postponed and it can take them as long as they want to have a pick..

I feel this contract coming up they going to push for it.

OH BTW that M-F nonsense  they was talking was trash my trips every day are packed.

16 minutes ago, AaronP said:

During the drug test is somebody watching you or your alone ?

if ur a new hire. they will have a nurse and a tech. watching u.  one behind you and one to the side (in case u pour fake urine from a bag to scam the test).

.........no no no i'm kidding HAHAHA!!

u are alone.  fully private.  duhhhhh this is America man!!!

18 hours ago, RTOMan said:

They can run a supplement (after 90 days its voided so they got to have a work program to go back to)

This wasn't their plan their plan is a year long pick in RTO, all other departments have it except Surface.

Pick can be postponed and it can take them as long as they want to have a pick..

I feel this contract coming up they going to push for it.

TIL.

Admittedly, I get the strange feeling that a lot of people would eat a year long pick if it means a third and fourth bid are included. It really isn't worth it to give up the right to two picks per year, especially since it allows not quite senior employees to move up quickly, but also there's no way that running a pick costs them *that much* that we should give up something valuable in exchange for what would be nothing and very loosely written replacement language in the contract.

21 hours ago, IO514 said:

Did my pre employment on 11/08. List #58××.  Wonder what the chances are that they will recertify the list and keep hiring...

Been trying to get in touch with Ms. Olha but no luck. I have ex-classmates that are saying things are pretty filled rn and board jobs are actually clearing without picking up a job which has been some time since that was happening. I’m guessing this year might be very minimal amount of classes untiL this exam officially expires. Keep some hopes up 

1 hour ago, JDS1057 said:

Been trying to get in touch with Ms. Olha but no luck. I have ex-classmates that are saying things are pretty filled rn and board jobs are actually clearing without picking up a job which has been some time since that was happening. I’m guessing this year might be very minimal amount of classes untiL this exam officially expires. Keep some hopes up 

Can confirm that overtime at the terminals have been drying up.

13 hours ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

TIL.

Admittedly, I get the strange feeling that a lot of people would eat a year long pick if it means a third and fourth bid are included. It really isn't worth it to give up the right to two picks per year, especially since it allows not quite senior employees to move up quickly, but also there's no way that running a pick costs them *that much* that we should give up something valuable in exchange for what would be nothing and very loosely written replacement language in the contract.

You'd be surprised what Money will do for folks...

If TA throws $$ in that contract and they as for a year long pick in RTO....

On 1/27/2023 at 9:00 AM, beanz said:

Anybody know whatever happened to that poster that was obsessing over being called and always asking everybody their list numbers? Sto something....i wonder if they got in..

Yeah I remember him. I wonder if they got in too

11 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Can confirm that overtime at the terminals have been drying up.

Yea I think we’ve seen the end of the mass hiring and classes and it’s going to slow down going forward and prob only a couple classes this year at most. Especially if they exhausted the current list and have requested a new certified list from DCAS 

On 1/29/2023 at 1:33 AM, JDS1057 said:

Yea I think we’ve seen the end of the mass hiring and classes and it’s going to slow down going forward and prob only a couple classes this year at most. Especially if they exhausted the current list and have requested a new certified list from DCAS 

I’m confused. I did my pre employment on 11/30/2022 so what does this mean for me. Will I start the job at all this year. They told me  to wait 3-90 days for a call back after the pre employment drug test. If the test expires does it affect me even tho I already did pre employment  ? 

1 hour ago, Youngking said:

I’m confused. I did my pre employment on 11/30/2022 so what does this mean for me. Will I start the job at all this year. They told me  to wait 3-90 days for a call back after the pre employment drug test. If the test expires does it affect me even tho I already did pre employment  ? 

You’ve started the first step in the process, pre-employment/drug test. Which at that point means nothing. Next step would be the medical and if you get called for that it means they have a class scheduled. But currently you’ll probably have to drug test again before getting called for medical day. Currently from  what I hear no classes are scheduled and they have requested a new certified list from DCAS. But again this is all speculation. Tried contacting Ms Olha and I have not heard back yet. Hang in there. 

8 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

You’ve started the first step in the process, pre-employment/drug test. Which at that point means nothing. Next step would be the medical and if you get called for that it means they have a class scheduled. But currently you’ll probably have to drug test again before getting called for medical day. Currently from  what I hear no classes are scheduled and they have requested a new certified list from DCAS. But again this is all speculation. Tried contacting Ms Olha and I have not heard back yet. Hang in there. 

Why would they request a new list if there are still people that are waiting to be processed for medical. And what is the reason for no classes being scheduled. This whole thing is so confusing to me. 

23 minutes ago, Youngking said:

Why would they request a new list if there are still people that are waiting to be processed for medical. And what is the reason for no classes being scheduled. This whole thing is so confusing to me. 

When they request a certified list, they come with expiration dates. After those dates they have to keep asking to recertify lists. Idk why exactly but that's the way it works for all NYC civil service exams. If u are only up to the drug test part, u will be on the newest certified list so no worries, just a part of the process.

Was at the mass membership meeting on Saturday and im going to say this ESPIECALLY to you new folks...

Get involved with your local if you can make the meetings make them..

Hold your reps accountable anything unsafe report it and make a paper trail...

Know your Job know the rules know what these folks can and cannot get away with..

Do not  tolerate disrespectful behavior by a coworker or a supervisor or management make a paper trail report it stay away from confrontations..

Stop worrying abut what others are doing concern yourself with your self.

You folks are the future of this union because once the majority of us Tier four folks are gone yall going to see the real TA come out of a bag.

Edited by RTOMan

42 minutes ago, Eckoman1 said:

I'm waiting also. Been a long wait since 2017.

When I search opendatanyc by exam # 7604, it states next to everyone who took the exam that the lists extension date is 9/19/2023. So maybe still hope?

Did you take your pre employment drug test already ? 

6 hours ago, Eckoman1 said:

I'm waiting also. Been a long wait since 2017.

When I search opendatanyc by exam # 7604, it states next to everyone who took the exam that the lists extension date is 9/19/2023. So maybe still hope?

u mean 2016.  we took the exam that year i think
trust me ur not missing much.  in fact. count your blessings

20 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

Ms. Olha does not answer emails or phone calls. The best way to get information, is from the employment center # 1347-643-8217. Someone answers the phone Monday - Friday and will provide you with information regarding hiring, drugs test, upcoming classes etc.

2 hours ago, J Cooper said:

Ms. Olha does not answer emails or phone calls. The best way to get information, is from the employment center # 1347-643-8217. Someone answers the phone Monday - Friday and will provide you with information regarding hiring, drugs test, upcoming classes etc.

She use to lol! I guess too much for her now. Yea that number I have saved under Olha. It goes to vm and it still says her name. I emailed DCAS also to get an update as to when the next list certification will be sent. Maybe I can get some info there.