ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

7 hours ago, train1290 said:

oh, I do work for transit but in Buses as an operator. 

Question, I'm taking the promotional train operator exam this Saturday. I've been studying the rule book looking at the signals and rules...what else should I study?

Oh its for RTO employees only that's what i meant my mistake.

As for Studying along what you just said...

NYC Landmarks! How to get to them by subway...

Good Luck..

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

Are you sure U are allowed to take the train operator promotional coming from buses? I Never heard that bus operators can promote to train op.

Oh yes i know of a few Bus Operators who are now Train Operators.

Its a promotional Exam this one.

5 hours ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

Are you sure U are allowed to take the train operator promotional coming from buses? I Never heard that bus operators can promote to train op.

Yes they can, ive been studying the blue book when i got hired the signals and rules and regulations. What else should I study?

2 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Oh its for RTO employees only that's what i meant my mistake.

As for Studying along what you just said...

NYC Landmarks! How to get to them by subway...

Good Luck..

Nah its cool man, no worries. I figured maybe Buses had it too, now I know!

okay will do.

Thank you RTOMan.

I'm a bus operator right now in Staten Island. I'm taking the promotional test tomorrow.

I'm just wondering logistics. In school car. Are you reporting anywhere around the system every day ? Or every other day ? I'm trying to get a grasp on how an average few days would be.  Do they tell us in advance what places we are going to be ? Glady appreciate the feed back. 

2 hours ago, Moody said:

I'm a bus operator right now in Staten Island. I'm taking the promotional test tomorrow.

I'm just wondering logistics. In school car. Are you reporting anywhere around the system every day ? Or every other day ? I'm trying to get a grasp on how an average few days would be.  Do they tell us in advance what places we are going to be ? Glady appreciate the feed back. 

They tell u in advance. U get a schedule of the whole training. Some days change here and there but not often in my experience. 

U will be traveling a lot. Some days u will go to yard A then yard B then yard A again. When I was in Schoolcar for B division I spent so much money on gas and tolls it was insane. So much time spent in traffic jams too.

24 minutes ago, beanz said:

They tell u in advance. U get a schedule of the whole training. Some days change here and there but not often in my experience. 

U will be traveling a lot. Some days u will go to yard A then yard B then yard A again. When I was in Schoolcar for B division I spent so much money on gas and tolls it was insane. So much time spent in traffic jams too.

I think I'm going to meet the traffic in the middle. Ferry from Staten Island to NYC and go from there. Trying to even out the playing field. We can ride express busses too. Thank you for your input.

Hi, I’m in school car now and you’re definitely bouncing around daily ! I never looked at my schedule because our instructor would txt us at night and switch locations for the following morning. I’m in B division and luckily we’ve been able to park close to most yards and park in some of the yards. I have a few classmates that are from Staten Island as well so just be prepared to leave at least 2/2.5 hours earlier than your report time. U wanna make sure you’re on time and find parking if you’re driving. 

4 minutes ago, Uptownsocialite said:

Hi, I’m in school car now and you’re definitely bouncing around daily ! I never looked at my schedule because our instructor would txt us at night and switch locations for the following morning. I’m in B division and luckily we’ve been able to park close to most yards and park in some of the yards. I have a few classmates that are from Staten Island as well so just be prepared to leave at least 2/2.5 hours earlier than your report time. U wanna make sure you’re on time and find parking if you’re driving. 

Oh wow. Thats good to know. Thank you. I might just do like half car half mass transit. In the beginning I'll go with my car. 

37 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Just to give people a heads up transit is closing down 180 Livingston before the end of the month and moving to 149 Pierrepont Street.

Just curious here, are all operational divisions moving out of 180?

This an end lease situation? Seems like a quick move(end of month) if it's their entire operation at 180 moving. Not knowledgeable about the history, but that's a major logistical point for TA. 

55 minutes ago, Alucard said:

Just curious here, are all operational divisions moving out of 180?

This an end lease situation? Seems like a quick move(end of month) if it's their entire operation at 180 moving. Not knowledgeable about the history, but that's a major logistical point for TA. 

OHS, MAC 1, Employment Operations, Exams Unit, Fingerprinting, Pass unit, and the TWU office are going be relocated there. The labs and pass unit are going to be operational starting February 19th.

2 hours ago, Uptownsocialite said:

Our TSS also liked early days so 5a-1p, 6a-2p, 7a-3p but road days are later because you’re not able to get a train to practice on during rush hour. Leaving to get back to the island at those times is nothing but traffic. 

I guess you gotta time it. There are Xpress busses that go through jersey. So if you're in the Bronx one day. You can take the subway to midtown. Transfer to an Xpress bus to Staten Island. They go through jersey to Staten Island. Now getting to the Bronx early in the morning. That's something I gotta study lol.

Yes you definitely have lots of days in the Bronx… I keep hearing school car is the hardest part of it. Once you’re done it gets better. I’m now YXing and my schedule is still bouncing all around so I’m always tired. Good luck to anyone just coming in ! Definitely mind over matter just keep telling yourself it will get better. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Trini2 said:

I was placed on medical hold and now when reached back out for final processing they said there’s no upcoming classes do any one know after feb19 class when will be the next class after this .

Don’t worry. No class in March but classes every month in the spring. You’ll get called for the April class.