ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

8 hours ago, Ricardo924 said:

For training, are polos allowed for training? The paper I have says that the dress code requires navy blue pants and a gray collard shirt. 

Depends on your Tss. Our Tss let us wear polos but I’ve heard others only want you to wear button downs 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, cc1017 said:

Sorry for so many questions but just a few more. Lol. How long will be going to ps48? Is it throughout the whole training or just the first few weeks. Also are there parking garages, if so would you by any chance know the prices? Is it about $20 a day and do they get packed? Like if I get there at a certain time is there a chance they ran out of space?

First week you’re at the school after that u bounce around in the yards. U will come back to the school every now and then for testing and stuff but after that first week you are all over the place. As far as parking goes I’ve never had an issue just arrive an hour early and u will find something. Might not be close to the yard but you will find something. 

5 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Relax. You’re overthinking things too much.

If you keep stressing like this; you’re gonna end up like one of my classmates that freaked out over whether his watch lit up or not. He ended up quitting within the first 4 days of orientation.

4 days? are you kidding me?  jeez.

thanks everyone for responding back to my question.  I guess I really want this career so bad it's affecting me and making me nervous.  I'll try to chill out.

I think i will just call 180 and at least ask if I should come in to make changes to my Work History sheet (if they allow it).  would give me some peace of mind like Schecter mentioned.

anyways thanks again everyone and Good Luck to those who are still in the Pre-Emp phase!

2 hours ago, Fiye said:

First week you’re at the school after that u bounce around in the yards. U will come back to the school every now and then for testing and stuff but after that first week you are all over the place. As far as parking goes I’ve never had an issue just arrive an hour early and u will find something. Might not be close to the yard but you will find something. 

Thanks

7 minutes ago, JJ2021 said:

Good afternoon to all. Just wondering if anyone received a call this week to report to medical. My list is 269X, been waiting anxiously for a call. Just wondering if any other 269X or 3XXX received a call for medical yet? Thanks for the info

I mistakenly posted that my number was 268X the other day, But it's in fact 269X. I don't think 3XXX have done pre-employment yet. 

On 11/12/2021 at 12:57 PM, FilippoSironi said:

I mistakenly posted that my number was 268X the other day, But it's in fact 269X. I don't think 3XXX have done pre-employment yet. 

I'm hoping that I hear something this week for medical considering that the next class is Dec 27th. Maybe because the class is kind of far away they are getting as many people as they can for pre-employment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

On 11/12/2021 at 2:46 PM, FilippoSironi said:

try calling Mrs Vargas or one of the other numbers they have posted on here? I tried to call the number that is on the email and canvass letter and nobody ever responds.

I left a voice mail, hopefully they get back to me.

6 hours ago, JJ2021 said:

I'm hoping that I hear something this week for medical considering that the next class is Dec 27th. Maybe because the class is kind of far away they are getting as many people as they can for pre-employment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

That might be the case. I mean they called some people for medical for the November 15th class only 5 days before. So maybe they won't start calling for December 27th  yet. I'm not sure how it works. 

6 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

What does non-negotiable mean. You can't turn it down if you can't do it?

Exactly if you're scheduled to work those hours on that day you can't call and say I can't do it you'll have no choice. You'll be at the mercy of the crew office what ever tour and hours they give and days off you have for that week is what you're going to get.

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Exactly if you're scheduled to work those hours on that day you can't call and say I can't do it you'll have no choice. You'll be at the mercy of the crew office what ever tour and hours they give and days off you have for that week is what you're going to get.

Right I understand. I meant what is non-negotiable overtime?

7 hours ago, JJ2021 said:

Who told you the next class is dec 27th and what training is that class date for ?

1 hour ago, FilippoSironi said:

Exactly what it sounds like.

You’ll be assigned any amount of hours for the week as they need you to work.

Since you’ll be working a variety of different assignments everyday with rarely any repetition; you’ll most likely break over 50 hours for some weeks purely because of the mishmash of jobs you’ll get. You cannot turn down the assigned extra hours when you’re XX.

The only way to “turn down” the overtime is to call out sick, which I strongly suggest you avoid for your first year or two.

Don’t worry too much about it; you’ll see what we mean when you finish schoolcar and hit the road.

2 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Your typical week can look something like this.

Note: Top part is night differential. Bottom is the hours paid for the job.

mD3llfa.jpg

Edited by Jericho

3 hours ago, BrooklynN said:

Work 4 hours at night, but get pay for 8 hours? Do I understand it right?

Night differential is from 6pm to 5:59AM during the week. So 4:02 night differential the person started work at 1:57AM. When you work weekends you get night differential for your hours of work.

9 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

Exactly what it sounds like.

You’ll be assigned any amount of hours for the week as they need you to work.

Since you’ll be working a variety of different assignments everyday with rarely any repetition; you’ll most likely break over 50 hours for some weeks purely because of the mishmash of jobs you’ll get. You cannot turn down the assigned extra hours when you’re XX.

The only way to “turn down” the overtime is to call out sick, which I strongly suggest you avoid for your first year or two.

Don’t worry too much about it; you’ll see what we mean when you finish schoolcar and hit the road.

Oh ok I get it so they assigne you the overtime hours in advance. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, BrooklynN said:

Work 4 hours at night, but get pay for 8 hours? Do I understand it right?

52 minutes ago, JJ2021 said:

Or they could finish work at 2202 if they work PM tour.

This was when I was still on the midnight tour as XX last year.

40 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

Oh ok I get it so they assigne you the overtime hours in advance. Thank you. 

You'll know what your job is 3 days in advance for the most part. There are 8 hour jobs and as you can see above, there are "penalty" jobs that pay more than 8 hours.