ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

Questions like this isn't a right answer or wrong answer. These questions are designed to show if a person is consistent.

So when you come across these questions theres going to be very similar questions over and over to show if you're consistent.

For example, ill make up an example.

My co workers at work stress me alot when they complain.

1)strongly disagree

2)neutral

3)agree

4)strongly disagree

And a similar question:

I always avoid hearing other co workers problems

1)strongly disagree

2)neutral

3)agree

4)strongly disagree

You see its just to see if your consistent. Just read the question and try to remember if another question was similar and put a similar answer that's consistent with the other.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see how things play out in the long run... nothing like the waiting game to truly test your patience.

Do your best and do not give up. This is the part that matters the most. Everything else will come later for us. You'll see. Good luck!

Edited by Zoey

Some are saying exam 8098 is finish some are saying it isn't some are saying they are calling from the promotional list now. But i believe until everyone take this exam 7604 and are issue a list number that exam 8098 is still in effect. Now i could be wrong. But patients is the name of the game. Good luck to you @Moody

Some are saying exam 8098 is finish some are saying it isn't some are saying they are calling from the promotional list now. But i believe until everyone take this exam 7604 and are issue a list number that exam 8098 is still in effect. Now i could be wrong. But patients is the name of the game. Good luck to you @Moody

The Open Competitive exam  for 8098 Done they arent calling from it. They are calling the Promos now.

Edited by RTOMan

Finally taking the test of my dream career. Ever since I was a kid a wanted to to MotorMan now T/O. I always had to ride in the front car especially on the R40 Slant they where the best! I'm taking my testimony June 25th I Brooklyn at 830am. I excited! Good luck to all

Once the List is certified it should be published in the Chief.

Thanks for the reply Tricknologist and Mtoman, I wasn't sure if the published the internal candidate list. Does everyone that passed the promotional test get called before the new list is established?

Thanks for the reply Tricknologist and Mtoman, I wasn't sure if the published the internal candidate list. Does everyone that passed the promotional test get called before the new list is established?

You are Welcome Yes promos get called first....

I understand that part but let's say 1000 people passed the promotional test does the agency have to get to all 1000 before they move on to the open competitive.

The agency must consider all 1000 for promotion before they move onto the open competitive.

It does NOT mean all 1000 will be hired, but Transit must consider them all before they consider the first Open Competitive. Transit (or any agency), by Civil Service Law, is allowed to disqualify people for various reasons, but it must offer employment (or promotion) to 1 of the next 3 candidates on every eligible list (1 in 3 rule...can't skip 3 in a row). Other factors can disqualify someone too - anyone with an open disciplinary or court case, for example, is ineligible for promotion. Also, many people decline the promotion, which doesn't count against Transit for purposes of the 1 in 3 rule. So the list moves fairly quickly. A class of, say, 40, may go through 50, 60, or even 70 names on the list.

Once all 1000 promotionals have been considered, then the first Open Competitives will be called. Often, there is overlap, so it isn't uncommon for the last of the promotionals to be mixed in with the first of the Open Competitives, both in processing and once the class actually starts.

Rest assured you have nothing to worry about if you scored high on the Open Competitive test. 1000 promotionals may sound like a lot, but the list goes very quickly. Remember, they're up to over 6000 on the current O/C list, and previously, most O/C lists went up to 3000-3500. The high scoring Open Competitives always get called.

The agency must consider all 1000 for promotion before they move onto the open competitive.

It does NOT mean all 1000 will be hired, but Transit must consider them all before they consider the first Open Competitive. Transit (or any agency), by Civil Service Law, is allowed to disqualify people for various reasons, but it must offer employment (or promotion) to 1 of the next 3 candidates on every eligible list (1 in 3 rule...can't skip 3 in a row). Other factors can disqualify someone too - anyone with an open disciplinary or court case, for example, is ineligible for promotion. Also, many people decline the promotion, which doesn't count against Transit for purposes of the 1 in 3 rule. So the list moves fairly quickly. A class of, say, 40, may go through 50, 60, or even 70 names on the list.

Once all 1000 promotionals have been considered, then the first Open Competitives will be called. Often, there is overlap, so it isn't uncommon for the last of the promotionals to be mixed in with the first of the Open Competitives, both in processing and once the class actually starts.

Rest assured you have nothing to worry about if you scored high on the Open Competitive test. 1000 promotionals may sound like a lot, but the list goes very quickly. Remember, they're up to over 6000 on the current O/C list, and previously, most O/C lists went up to 3000-3500. The high scoring Open Competitives always get called.

Thanks Subwayguy, that was a very informative answer, I'm gonna keep an eye on the promotional exam results. I know the list takes awhile to be corrected and established, but I would just like to gauge an estimated timeline.

Thanks Subwayguy, that was a very informative answer, I'm gonna keep an eye on the promotional exam results. I know the list takes awhile to be corrected and established, but I would just like to gauge an estimated timeline.

Don't hold your breath on that, it's going to be hard to get an estimated timeline the way they're handling the exams this time around. I took conductor exam 6601 last year and I'm still waiting for my official results. They allegedly finished hiring from the promotion to conductor list and they're returning to hiring from the previous o/c exam 8094 which was given about 9 years ago. They could very well return to the previous o/c Train operator exam after they finish with the promos, hopefully not but since they've acquired control of their exams from Dcas they've been doing things totally differently.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer or anything I'm just trying to keep it real with you and share my experience. Good luck with your exam.

Yeah ever since transit took control of the exams from DCAS things have gone crazy. I still find it hard to believe that they are returning to 8094 which was given 9 years ago

I thought it was just me. i feel as if they don't have the personnel to handle such a task where as dcas was basically known for what mta wants to be in control of now.

Thanks for the info Jchambers2120 I was unaware that they went back to 8094 this is very troubling news. I find it a bit nonsensical that they would take this approach after 8094 has been running for so long. I hope this is not the case with this exam, but given the circumstances we will never know until these list are established.