Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

6 minutes ago, bimmer4me said:

I should have been more specific. Its my old work uniform and has agency logos on it. Might splurge on the carhartt then, definitely wont be money wasted.

I always tell people always invest in good stuff to work in if thats what going to have you comfortable while in the field. But it wont matter if iyour coat for the mean time has old job logos on it trust me nobody would care 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chris127 said:

I always tell people always invest in good stuff to work in if thats what going to have you comfortable while in the field. But it wont matter if iyour coat for the mean time has old job logos on it trust me nobody would care 

Thanks for the help. Thinking about just doing it and getting quality stuff. I hate cheap materials that just fall apart....I've worked gigs before that had carhatts ripping after a few months so quality definitely is something i appreciate.

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

I qualified for my medical on that day lol but went back the 24th There’s definitely more spots for this class. I am rooting for you! It should be coming any day now.. 🙏 

They may wait an additional week or two to fill the class up. The buffer between medical and potential start was literally less than 2 weeks. They love the hurry up and wait game.. but knowing transit.. who knows lol

Thanks! @Zoey hopefully we’re in the same class together.

14 minutes ago, W0rkBum said:

Anyone who has been through early training already can let me know what kind of clothing they want or will per you wear day 4 etc?

Id assume the same thing they say for day 3. Boots, work pants (ie jeans)

Day 3, i know we are to wear our boots. I know track workers atleast that i have seen wear jeans. The thing is i know other training classes there other then track worker have to wear dress type pants blue or black, i was just curious if we had to do the same until we get into a yard /track etc

14 minutes ago, W0rkBum said:

Day 3, i know we are to wear our boots. I know track workers atleast that i have seen wear jeans. The thing is i know other training classes there other then track worker have to wear dress type pants blue or black, i was just curious if we had to do the same until we get into a yard /track etc

interesting. I'd say since I or (we) are going to training for track worker we would be wearing jeans. I assume you could wear those dickies uniform pants. Quite honestly after years of wearing them they are super comfortable and loose fitting as I like for work stuff. Not sure how they will hold up.

I do believe some titles wear a uniform of sorts.

Im currently looking at some work jackets, might just get a vest for the time being...since its march.

Edited by bimmer4me

1 hour ago, bimmer4me said:

interesting. I'd say since I or (we) are going to training for track worker we would be wearing jeans. I assume you could wear those dickies uniform pants. Quite honestly after years of wearing them they are super comfortable and loose fitting as I like for work stuff. Not sure how they will hold up.

I do believe some titles wear a uniform of sorts.

Im currently looking at some work jackets, might just get a vest for the time being...since its march.

I work nights and I don’t use a jacket because when you work you sweat. I just use either a normal hoody or the thick wool dickies hoody if I know I’m going to a super cold spot. I know days are colder cuz you are on the structure but you have to wait til your second week to get an idea of where you are going. 

2 hours ago, W0rkBum said:

Anyone who has been through early training already can let me know what kind of clothing they want or will per you wear day 4 etc?

The main important thing is your boots. Make sure you always have those on with the rest of of your PPE they give you. There’s no dress code really wear some dickies, jeans etc. 

16 hours ago, Marv said:

Ok. My list number is 24xx’s and cert number is 118x. So I got a way to wait before I get called. Congratulations and good luck

At the rate it's currently moving how long are you guessing that it'll take to get to you?

5 hours ago, Movefromm3 said:

At the rate it's currently moving how long are you guessing that it'll take to get to you?

Honestly, I have no idea. I’ve been trying to ask on here. But I guess nobody will really know. I’m hoping within the next couple of months. But I doubt it. Someone said on here that they are hiring till May. So have to just wait. 

2 hours ago, Marv said:

Honestly, I have no idea. I’ve been trying to ask on here. But I guess nobody will really know. I’m hoping within the next couple of months. But I doubt it. Someone said on here that they are hiring till May. So have to just wait. 

They have hired track workers since may of last year. When we got in they said they wanted to hire 200-250 new track workers and I think they are getting close to that number now. 

7 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

They have hired track workers since may of last year. When we got in they said they wanted to hire 200-250 new track workers and I think they are getting close to that number now. 

So they are close to 24xx’s? And do I go off list number or cert number? Idk some said they were only at 14xx’s. Idk what number to go off of. This is all new to me. Everyone says different things, so idk what to believe. 

2 hours ago, Marv said:

Yeah I’m trying to figure out if I still have a chance. I know with the 3600 exam they hired past 2500 but I’m not sure what that hiring situation was. So many factors in-play with this exam unlike the last one so information is all over the place. The certification expires tomorrow so we’ll have to wait to see if they post a new list and then we’ll get the most accurate number of what spot we’re in. If they post a new certification list we’ll be able to know how many people they went through this round.

3 minutes ago, Movefromm3 said:

Yeah I’m trying to figure out if I still have a chance. I know with the 3600 exam they hired past 2500 but I’m not sure what that hiring situation was. So many factors in-play with this exam unlike the last one so information is all over the place. The certification expires tomorrow so we’ll have to wait to see if they post a new list and then we’ll get the most accurate number of what spot we’re in. If they post a new certification list we’ll be able to know how many people they went through this round.

How long do we have to wait to see if they put up a new certification? 

12 minutes ago, Movefromm3 said:

The last one expired 09/30/2021 and renewed 01/28/2022 so it could be a while.

Oh ok. So that’s what that means… Gotcha. Half the time I just look to see if any numbers change and hope for the best. But cool at least I know what that means now. Cuz my name comes up 3 times on the list. I was wondering why that is. 

43 minutes ago, Knorwood said:

Does anyone know what number they are at now ? My list number is 22** and my cert number is 9** show I have received a call or email yet ?

I’m in I’m in the 24xx’s and cert number 118x, and I haven’t received either one. 

On 3/5/2022 at 12:32 AM, bimmer4me said:

Really curious to see whats available to pick up. Hope everyone gets what they want, although unlikely .

Did you pick your location for after training yet? What the spots they have on the list if you already got the list