When Movies Get It Wrong!!!

N-Trizzy2609

I just watched Spider-Man 2. What a bag of garbage! Since when does the (R) Train run on an El? Since when did (MTA) got CTA cars? Since when did the rebuilt the 3rd Avenue El because there's no El in Manhattan that end abruptly at 14 Street.

While on the subject, I've watched other movies that depicts the subway wrong.

Subway Stories's Errors:

R68's can't run of the (M).

There's no such station named Wall Street-Broad Street that has the (M) and (F).

Prospect Park isn't underground nor does it have exits that people can get locked it.

Beat Street:

Can someone tell me where DeMott Street is? And the (R)® stops there?

The movie is set in The Bronx but they board a (M) train.

The Warriors:

Did they rebuilt 96th Street or something becuase the (1) Trains never ran R30s.

Did they move the 72nd Street Station house to 96th Street?

When running from The Orphans the warriors enter 62nd Street Station but they're suppose to be in The Bronx.

Anyone notice the token both at Gun Hill Road said Eastern Parkway?

Just some examples.

Doubt that the average New Yorker will notice. Subway buffs like us will though. oh, also just remembered another flaw I found with Cloverfield. The Subway tracks aren't tied down to anything. It's just rail tracks on top of dirt. No wood support.

90% of the time those arent even real cars. They jsut finished a set of cars at my shop for the remake of Pelham 123 with Denzel Washington. We actually used a set of R38s and made them look like R142s. Mostly wood and sheet metal but you cant tell the difference.Very cool actually. Youll see it in the movie when it comes out.

90% of the time those arent even real cars. They jsut finished a set of cars at my shop for the remake of Pelham 123 with Denzel Washington. We actually used a set of R38s and made them look like R142s. Mostly wood and sheet metal but you cant tell the difference.Very cool actually. Youll see it in the movie when it comes out.
I saw them when they had the abandoned platform leading out from the NYCT Museum at Hoyt-Schermerhorn dressed up as Spring street. They even left one tile as Spring street on the subway walls. Not sure if they just got lazy and left it like that but the rest of the Spring street tiles were removed.

here are a few ive noticed:

"The Cowboy way"

the enter the subway at 53rd and 3rd.

the platform says Lexinton ave and its a multi track station.

The train travels under Pitkin Ave passing Van Sicklen and appears on the manhattan bridge!

"Money Train"

Wall St does not look like 14 st-Union sq on the east side. (i was there during filming! had night school at Irving HS.

"The Taking of Pelham 123"(ABC TV remake)

Everything but the transit uniforms and the destination signs were Toronto!

the signs were from an R62!

and i think we can all remember "Die Hard with a Vengence"

What about in Ghost?

Enters a R38 (C) Train at Franklin,

Changes to a R38 (J) during the tunnel fight.

Changes to a R62 (9) at Dykeman.

And Finally turns in a R40M (J) at Myrtle.

Or what about Final Destination 3?

What the hell are up those fake ass R32's. They look like R110Bs inside.

And the trains destination sign was squeezed into the LCD Flipdot.

Ok, lemme get something straight. Sometimes the reason that there are discrepancies in movie depictions of the NYC Subway is because those movies are not filmed in the NYC Subway. For example:

Spider-Man 2: Filmed in Chicago with Chicago El equipment.

Pelham 123 TV remake: Filmed in Toronto with TTC equipment.

Other movie makers simply don't care for too much accuracy, as the movie probably doesn't center on the subway, so they don't pay too much attention to that. Besides, as some people have said, only people like us will notice, so why bother?

There are the select few that do film in the real subway, but hey, no one's perfect--even they make mistakes.

Pelham 123 TV remake: Filmed in Toronto with TTC equipment.

They even tried to make those ugly T1's look like a R62! Sad....

I've notice Hoyt-Schemerhorn and Church Avenue are always the movie capital of the subway. I remember recently they was working on music video there and I saw an R160B (R) Train sitting on the southbound unused track. My favorite was when they used it for the movie "The Nighthawks" with Silvester Stallone and the killer is riding the R1-9 (:rolleyes: train between 57th Street and 47th-50th Street. Even though it took place in Hoyt, I got to say, it look very accurate.

With Die hard with a vengence

1. Fake, i mean bootlegest ass explosion in that subway station.

2. Had a phone box in that redbird subway car, was there ever a phone boxes in subway cars? Bootleg.

3. The cop almost banged his head and might of had his head taken off with the signal light when he was on the side of that train,how did he got out the way quickly. Slow ass moving train probably.

But, i like the movie.

1. Fake, i mean bootlegest ass explosion in that subway station.

2. Had a phone box in that redbird subway car, was there ever a phone boxes in subway cars? Bootleg.

3. The cop almost banged his head and might of had his head taken off with the signal light when he was on the side of that train,how did he got out the way quickly. Slow ass moving train probably.

But, i like the movie.

I wouldn't say Ass too much. Harry exploded on this guy for using BS (The Full Word!)

Anyways, those were R30s that run on the BMT-IND. The recycled those cars for "Money Train" and "Blade". I was thinking of making my own life sized version of a subway car out of wood and steel but my parents laughed in my face!

Another example of a craptacular subway rendition, this short film I saw once called "Good Luck With That!" by my friend's uncle. It was a short film where a man felt he was unattractive but had a crush on a supermodel from The Bronx. The whole movie is suppose to take place in Queen and The Bronx but the idiot is seen getting on a R68 (D) Train at Fort Hamilton Parkway. And when he is getting on the Long Island Railroad to Lynbrook, he gets off at Aberdeen-Matawan Station in NEW JERSEY!!!!!! The signs were doctored to say Lynbrook but it was clearly Aberdeen because I live there!!

And the LIRR dont run NJ Transit ALP-44s! They didn't edit out the disco stripe but they did edit out the NJ Transit text.

Well in regards to that particular point the point was that it didn't belong there...the train was rigged with a bomb in the movie and that was the bomb, Bruce Willis knew it was the bomb because it DIDNT belong there

but yes, in that movie as someone else said they violated some loading gauge restrictions with the R30 to "wall street"

Yesterday, I watched "August Rush" movie. A boy escaped into the subway tunnel from a man who had a group of homeless children living in an abandoned theater. I was worried that he will be killed by a subway train but he got out of the subway tunnel safely and met his parents who gave him up for adoption. I think that the boy and the man were at the 72nd Street station on the IRT West Side route before the boy escaped into the tunnel where I saw an R32 train on the IND 8th Avenue route.

Archived