New Express Bus - Ulmer Park Depot?

Via Garibaldi 8

Is there even an option available to have the lift instead of this whole lower section?

The lower section makes sense if there are lots of wheelchair passengers.  But in all the years I've taken the Express bus, I have seen less than 10 wheelchair users. Maybe this will incentivize more to use the bus. Though a friend who takes the X63/68 told me they get a fair share of wheelchair riders currently. 

1 hour ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Is there even an option available to have the lift instead of this whole lower section?

The lower section makes sense if there are lots of wheelchair passengers.  But in all the years I've taken the Express bus, I have seen less than 10 wheelchair users. Maybe this will incentivize more to use the bus. Though a friend who takes the X63/68 told me they get a fair share of wheelchair riders currently. 

Yes, MCI will have a traditional coach in production in 2019/2020.

12 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

IIRC, the MCI rep said they lost 4 seats with that configuration (the single seats), since there's four seats on the lower level when there isn't a wheelchair.

There's 52 seats in the demo, with provision for the two wheelchairs. If TA springs for the manual tie downs on both sides, that'll give an extra seat. 

Archived