Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

11 hours ago, Boo Bear said:

Did “180 Livingston “ tell you how much is the fingerprint?

11 hours ago, Boo Bear said:

Thank you… are you supposed to have a exact money order with that amount with you on day of fingerprints?

Do you have difficulty reading and comprehending the English language? I literally answered your question. * slow blinks* 

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really exhausted. 13hrs. One thing though, I should have followed my first mind, I should have gone with my instincts. I would have been crossing the finish line by now. When OA had called twice I should have stuck with it. I rue the day I resigned from the Title :( . I know people say TA is allegedly better but OA hiring process is less complicated. I feel like OA was that girl for me. Welp too late now I am ten toes deep.

57 minutes ago, Boo Bear said:

I can’t read.   

Funny ha ha :unsure:. Lets assume positive things here. Every step of the way after completion you'll get an email stating exactly what to bring on each day you're invited. You'll need to get a money order after you pass medical. Whether you pass your medical or not you'll need to see a woman who is fair in complexion and has dreads and she'll explain to you what you need to do - as in next steps. They'll email you an invitation for final processing w/pdfs on what to bring with you. ok? ok. check your email and junk email folders regularly.

14 hours ago, misslo said:

I am really exhausted. 13hrs. One thing though, I should have followed my first mind, I should have gone with my instincts. I would have been crossing the finish line by now. When OA had called twice I should have stuck with it. I rue the day I resigned from the Title :( . I know people say TA is allegedly better but OA hiring process is less complicated. I feel like OA was that girl for me. Welp too late now I am ten toes deep.

Damn.... 13hrs?! What all did you do?

23 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Damn.... 13hrs?! What all did you do?

Well i am scheduled for 9-25-22 class. I initially got drug tested on the 8-23-22. So it was going to expire before my class started. Yesterday I did drug test and medical as well filled out a whole lot of paperwork twice over.

1 minute ago, misslo said:

Well i am scheduled for 9-25-22 class. I initially got drug tested on the 8-23-22. So it was going to expire before my class started. Yesterday I did drug test and medical as well filled out a whole lot of paperwork twice over.

Nice man! Congratulations finally getting through that process. I did my 2nd Drug test and Medical on Thursday. But still have to do the fingerprints and paperwork part smh. They told me I'm still gonna be in the September 25th class so we'll see.

19 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Nice man! Congratulations finally getting through that process. I did my 2nd Drug test and Medical on Thursday. But still have to do the fingerprints and paperwork part smh. They told me I'm still gonna be in the September 25th class so we'll see.

Yeah i think it might be like a few days before we go to zerega on sunday 24th. Like a thursday or a friday. In any event have your paperwork ready from the email that St.Jean sent. Also prepare your clothes blue pants, blue tie blue as in navy blue and light blue button down shirt.

21 hours ago, misslo said:

Yeah i think it might be like a few days before we go to zerega on sunday 24th. Like a thursday or a friday. In any event have your paperwork ready from the email that St.Jean sent. Also prepare your clothes blue pants, blue tie blue as in navy blue and light blue button down shirt.

In preparation for Zerega, have you considered studying the handouts? These have helped others and hopefully you will find them helpful as well.

Good luck!!

Wow! Looks like I'll have to possibly take a 3RD freaking drug test smh. I may not get into the 9/25 class even tho all i have to do is final processing and even tho i was supposed to do it on 9/8, instead all i did that day was my medical and then a 7 HOUR wait to do my 2nd drug test. This whole process is so discouraging and aggravating omg.... 

3 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Wow! Looks like I'll have to possibly take a 3RD freaking drug test smh. I may not get into the 9/25 class even tho all i have to do is final processing and even tho i was supposed to do it on 9/8, instead all i did that day was my medical and then a 7 HOUR wait to do my 2nd drug test. This whole process is so discouraging and aggravating omg.... 

wow why would u have to take a 3rd drug test if u already took a second one ? Wat they said the hold up is ?

1 hour ago, Richi3stayfly said:

wow why would u have to take a 3rd drug test if u already took a second one ? Wat they said the hold up is ?

Only "Excuse" the guy gave me was "it's alot of applications" and "They have to place a cap on how many people are in the 9/25 class and "he's going a fast as they can"... blah blah blah. You would think since i was emailed to come in for medical/fingerprints on 9/8 I'd be given some kind of priority and others like me. If the it goes past 10/8 i would have to take ANOTHER drug test because it's past 30 damn days. I've heard people giving up when they hit this kinda annoying road block.... im trying not to be one, but I'm so pissed and frustrated 😤 

1 hour ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Only "Excuse" the guy gave me was "it's alot of applications" and "They have to place a cap on how many people are in the 9/25 class and "he's going a fast as they can"... blah blah blah. You would think since i was emailed to come in for medical/fingerprints on 9/8 I'd be given some kind of priority and others like me. If the it goes past 10/8 i would have to take ANOTHER drug test because it's past 30 damn days. I've heard people giving up when they hit this kinda annoying road block.... im trying not to be one, but I'm so pissed and frustrated 😤 

Aww man I feel ya pain that’s crazy mta gotta get it together it really sounds like they placing  people in these classes by list number if u ask me 

9 hours ago, Richi3stayfly said:

Aww man I feel ya pain that’s crazy mta gotta get it together it really sounds like they placing  people in these classes by list number if u ask me 

9 hours ago, Richi3stayfly said:

Yes this is a civil service position unlike Mabstoa and MTA bus company. So I believe their placements and callings of new hires and cross overs are solely based on list numbers. Obviously older tests before newer tests. 

I did something stupid.... out of pure frustration and discouragement, I called Yolanda and told her to "take my name off the list" and she said she would let St Jean know. I was just sooo pissed and emotional at this whole process smh

I'll call Monday again to see if i can rectify and reverse my statement and continue on with this exhausting process. 

On 9/15/2022 at 5:36 PM, HeadhunterCali said:

If the it goes past 10/8 i would have to take ANOTHER drug test because it's past 30 damn days. I've heard people giving up when they hit this kinda annoying road block.... im trying not to be one, but I'm so pissed and frustrated 😤 

Although I hear and understand your frustration, you know that this is actually a federal requirement, right? Click here for more details.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:24 AM, -Galan- said:

Yes this is a civil service position unlike Mabstoa and MTA bus company. So I believe their placements and callings of new hires and cross overs are solely based on list numbers. Obviously older tests before newer tests. 

As a friendly reminder, here are the TA Bus Operator Lists that are currently active as of this typing:

-Exam # 4600 - Established 1/6/2016, expires 1/6/2023

-Exam # 7612 - Established 10/17/2018, expires 10/17/2022

-Exam # 9604 - Established 11/27/2019, expires 11/27/2023

-Exam # 9618 - Established 9/8/2021, expires 9/8/2025

-Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022, expires 7/20/2026

2 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

I did something stupid.... out of pure frustration and discouragement, I called Yolanda and told her to "take my name off the list" and she said she would let St Jean know. I was just sooo pissed and emotional at this whole process smh

I'll call Monday again to see if i can rectify and reverse my statement and continue on with this exhausting process. 

If you are unsuccessful in calling on Monday, you know that you have to restore your name to the list, right? If you need instructions on how to do so, click here and refer to the information within the green announcement box located at the top of the webpage.

Good luck!! 

Edited by +Young+

On 9/17/2022 at 6:57 AM, HeadhunterCali said:

Hey cool your head. You waited this long. Don't make snap judgements. I am assuming people on this forum are already employed and not  just sitting at home twiddling their thumbs waiting for the mta to call them.

On 9/18/2022 at 11:38 AM, misslo said:

Hey cool your head. You waited this long. Don't make snap judgements. I am assuming people on this forum are already employed and not  just sitting at home twiddling their thumbs waiting for the mta to call them.

Sigh.... Yea i let my frustration get the best of me this past Friday when i made that stupid "well take me off the list" statement. I tried calling all day today to no avail. If i do have to restore my name it'll just be my 2nd time so I'm good, I'm wondering since i was just waiting for final processing would i only have to do that part when my name gets called again? 🤔 Hopefully that won't be the case and they'll tell me that "everything is good, and my name is still on the list"

4 minutes ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Sigh.... Yea i let my frustration get the best of me this past Friday when i made that stupid "well take me off the list" statement. I tried calling all day today to no avail. If i do have to restore my name it'll just be my 2nd time so I'm good, I'm wondering since i was just waiting for final processing would i only have to do that part when my name gets called again? 🤔 Hopefully that won't be the case and they'll tell me that "everything is good, and my name is still on the list"

My guess is you're going to do the process all over again. Drug test, drug/medical, final processing. The whole process takes a month. And each day takes the whole day.

1 minute ago, misslo said:

My guess is you're going to do the process all over again. Drug test, drug/medical, final processing. The whole process takes a month. And each day takes the whole day.

Sigh. Well I'll cool my jets this time around. I'm still holding out hope that St Jean will let me continue on to final processing. But if unfortunately not... I have day1 and day2 applications electronically saved. So all i have to do is print them out and then just chill out this time and don't get so dang frustrated like i did smh

5 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Man they work QUICK when taking your name off the list smdh ( I had just called them last Friday) . St Jean said he'll add me back by next week. Then i was told that they'll get back to me on weather i can just go straight to final Processing or if I'll have to start at DayONE again 😒 ***FingersCrossed*** 😫

let me know. I had reinstated myself and they scheduled me for a day one appointment on the 22nd but then they canceled it saying they're not hiring anymore so I have to wait for the next group

1 minute ago, kc204 said:

let me know. I had reinstated myself and they scheduled me for a day one appointment on the 22nd but then they canceled it saying they're not hiring anymore so I have to wait for the next group

How far along were you when you had to restore your name?? My dumbass was at final processing.... waiting for that to happen when i got too stressed with the looong process and make the mistake of telling them to "Take my name off the list" smh.... im hoping since i was at Final Processing that I'll be able to continue from there..... but I'm not holding my breath.... I'll learn to have more patience the next time around 😅😅