New Flyer XD60 Delivery And Discussion Thread

davemackey

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been seeing more numbers tracking albeit at the 0-0 coordinates, namely 20808 and I also heard 20809 tracking there too. 20803 is still at the CMF, and I don't know for sure where any of the others are. 20801 seems to be at the Ferry Street bus facility.

3 hours ago, davemackey said:

We have been seeing more numbers tracking albeit at the 0-0 coordinates, namely 20808 and I also heard 20809 tracking there too. 20803 is still at the CMF, and I don't know for sure where any of the others are. 20801 seems to be at the Ferry Street bus facility.

Those may still be out in Minnesota getting their final touches before delivery. Last time 20805 was tracking it was still at the facility.

Hopefully they can get the rest here before the end of the month given that NJT is looking to decommission what I assume to be all of Hilton's Neoplans.  

It would make more sense to track and report buses that are actually on the property and not elsewhere.....all of this constant tracking posts isn't really helping out the cause and is starting to clutter the thread.

20801 is at Meadowlands as a training bus, so yeah, that'll be easily tracked around between New York, Secaucus, Hoboken & Meadowlands.
20802 is at Hilton.
20803 is at CMF.

Unless buses are on the way or are already in NJ property, let's keep the tracking posts to a minimum because some of y'all are constantly posting the same information over again and it's getting annoying.

10 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

20810 is tracking......off the coast of africa. So is 20809. 20803 is at ironbound and 20801 is in Hoboken. Why is 20801 switching between Secaucus and Hoboken @davemackey @Cait Sith do you know?

You clearly did not read my previous post, or anyone else's posts about 20801 on that matter.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:32 PM, Cait Sith said:

It would make more sense to track and report buses that are actually on the property and not elsewhere.....all of this constant tracking posts isn't really helping out the cause and is starting to clutter the thread.

20801 is at Meadowlands as a training bus, so yeah, that'll be easily tracked around between New York, Secaucus, Hoboken & Meadowlands.
20802 is at Hilton.
20803 is at CMF.

Unless buses are on the way or are already in NJ property, let's keep the tracking posts to a minimum because some of y'all are constantly posting the same information over again and it's getting annoying.

Edited by Cait Sith

2 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

You clearly did not read my previous post.

I thought that since this is the first time 20810 has tracked, I might say that.

12 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

Why is 20801 switching between Secaucus and Hoboken @davemackey @Cait Sith do you know?

Also, I asked a question at the end of my post

41 minutes ago, Jova42R said:

I thought that since this is the first time 20810 has tracked, I might say that.

Also, I asked a question at the end of my post

Dude......the answer is LITERALLY IN MY POST! Pay attention and read what I said properly!

On 4/17/2020 at 11:32 PM, Cait Sith said:

20802 is at Hilton.
20803 is at CMF.

Edited by Cait Sith

Just now, Jova42R said:

Whoops... What about 20810?

Look, as I said in that same post, unless they're on the property or are on the way, do not report those buses in this thread.

Any buses that are tracking off of the coast of Africa means they are built, but the GPS units have not been properly calibrated.

I should note that there has been a problem in recent weeks with the tracking of buses. Route numbers are not showing up either on mybusnow or philadelphiatransitvehicles, so I'll only report on these buses when they're inspected. Shane is right. We don't need to micro-track these buses, especially since they're still being used for training rather than revenue.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:59 AM, davemackey said:

I should note that there has been a problem in recent weeks with the tracking of buses. Route numbers are not showing up either on mybusnow or philadelphiatransitvehicles, so I'll only report on these buses when they're inspected. Shane is right. We don't need to micro-track these buses, especially since they're still being used for training rather than revenue.

They're freeballing runs. They're not putting them into the Clever Devices.

6 hours ago, DaTransitMan4608 said:

20803 is now at Meadowlands. Not sure if it’s there for driver training or if it’s slated to be assigned there. 

Might be training, I saw it go into the port a few minutes ago.

1 hour ago, Cait Sith said:

Hmm. Wonder if that means 20801 is gonna go back to Hilton, or possibly to Big Tree for training. Given what I've been seeing on the tracker, hopefully up to 20811 could be in Jersey within (best case scenario) a matter of weeks at the very least. Although my hopes ain't too high given the current circumstances. 

On 4/17/2020 at 11:13 AM, davemackey said:

20814 is built 

16 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

They're freeballing runs. They're not putting them into the Clever Devices.

20803 is most likely training. It has been tracking in Hoboken, Meadowlands and Secaucus (Hoboken-Newport now)

FYI, just because they're trackable on that site, doesn't mean it's the highest that's currently built.

Nova Fly Guy is correct. 20814 is built, along with several others above that, they're just not trackable.

Folks gotta stop using the tracker as gospel. It's not the be all, end all.

Edited by Cait Sith