What do you prefer? IND or BMT?

error46146

Which do you prefer? BMT or IND?  

1. 1. Which do you prefer? BMT or IND?

• IND
    • BMT
    • Neither

I go with BMT since with the IND, all the stations practally look the same. In addition, when an IND station gets renovated, then it looks entirely different from how it originally looked (i.e. Queens Plaza, Roosevelt Avenue, 59 Street, etc.) Plus the IND is 99% underground.

The BMT has better station variety (elevated, underground, embankment, open cut), and a renovated station looks more original (i.e. Broadway local stations that used to have the "refrigator" tile)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I think the BMT/IND poll doesn't really make sense. nothing personal against the author of the thread and poll. I'm just trying to make a point.

but arent subway lines BMT in Brooklyn and then turn into IND lines in Manhattan?

IND Routes:

A,B,C,D,E,F,G,V

BMT Routes:

J,L,M,N,Q,R,S Franklin,W,Z

--------------------------

However, it is safe to state, that the actual "line,route" they operate over in Brooklyn is named "BMT" ; from the previous decades when they were constructed.

Brooklyn BMT Routes:

BMT Brighton Line

BMT Canarsie Line

BMT Culver Line

BMT Jamaica Line

BMT Myrtle Av Line

BMT Sea Beach Line

BMT West End Line

BMT 4th Avenue Line

The Brighton, Culver, West End and 4th Av Lines however represent BMT, and OR IND trains as well.

The BMT Brighton Line hosts:

IND B Train, & The BMT Q Train

The BMT Culver hosts:

IND F Train

The BMT West End Line hosts:

IND D Train, & The BMT M Train

The BMT 4th Avenue Line hosts:

IND D Train, BMT M, N & R Trains

---------------------------------

Hence; during Manhattan Bridge closures (example: July 2001- February 2004) with the loss of the IND 6th Av B and D Trains in Brooklyn, The Brighton, West End and 4th Av Lines are strictly BMT Trains. M,N,Q,<Q>,R,W

Hope this clarifies things a bit:D

Archived