B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

7 hours ago, DEE123 said:

Does anybody know which depots has operators that make the most money and overtime? I’m into the overtime more than anything. 

That’s a good question. I was at CP and the OT was plentiful. I’ve been to KB, decent OT and now I’m at QV, OT is very scarce for a newbie at the depot. 

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took test #2614 to switch from OA to TA trying to go to Staten Island. Anyone have any idea when the results will be out? I’ve been waiting for my list number and I’m hoping to be able to transfer to TA in time for the system pick.

14 hours ago, DEE123 said:

Does anybody know which depots has operators that make the most money and overtime? I’m into the overtime more than anything. 

They're usually the depots that are large and handle a decent amount of heavily used routes, like West Farms and Gleason which are pretty up there with work that exceeds 9-10 hours but they tend to be high seniority for that reason

23 hours ago, jpsi94 said:

I took test #2614 to switch from OA to TA trying to go to Staten Island. Anyone have any idea when the results will be out? I’ve been waiting for my list number and I’m hoping to be able to transfer to TA in time for the system pick.

Hey, so to my understanding, they have not yet established the list numbers for exam 2614....I did exam 2613 and still waiting to be called.....they are still canvassing people from 2612, and now currently on 2613... hopefully by July or August you'll get your list number....

1 hour ago, Knighthawk said:

What’s up everybody!!! I took exam 2614

Did anybody receive the test score yet 

If you’re looking for the test scores and you filled out the extra answer sheet that was given out on test day, then the answer key is here. https://new.mta.info/careers/exam-answer-key 

If you’re looking for your list number idk I’m afraid to tell you it’s gonna be a while since it looks like they’re still calling people from 2611,12,13 all the other exams from 2020,2021. You can file for the free bus operator exam that is out now if you can’t wait.  

9 hours ago, Daren646 said:

It went well exam 2613 bus company. Can someone enlighten me on what exactly is bus company? 

5 hours ago, Daren646 said:

Is exam 2613 TA or bus or mabstoa?

Although Exam 2613 is for NYC Transit, also known as TA, are they hiring you for MTA Bus Company?

Just curious, that's all.

44 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Although Exam 2613 is for NYC Transit, also known as TA, are they hiring you for MTA Bus Company?

Just curious, that's all.

I asked her she didnt know. Shes exam 2613 she top 10 list its TA

On 6/30/2023 at 1:40 PM, Daren646 said:

It went well exam 2613 bus company. Can someone enlighten me on what exactly is bus company? 

It's 3 different agencies under MTA.... NYCTA(TA)=civil service, MaBSTOA(OA) Manhattan and Bronx=non civil service, and MTA Bus Company=non civil service. MTA Bus Company was a private bus company before MTA took it over... they're mostly run under ATU union and have their own pension. TA/OA under TWU local 100. TA is civil service and they get the NYCERS pension...same pay for all three. ...with MTA Bus Company, you don't get to pick a Depot, they'll just send you to a Depot where there's availability....TA/OA you get to pick a Depot to work out of but with OA, it's still what's available you can pick from and it goes by seniority...but I know, it's every year you get to pick a Depot, but also keep in mind, everything goes by seniority...you get a Depot you like, cool. Next year a seniority guy can pick that Depot and get your spot...gotta work your way up. Every 3 months you get to pick a new route. So it's still not a guarantee you'll get a Depot close to home...I'm not sure about TA.....I'm currently with MTA Bus Company, JFK and Far Rockaway Depot, they're under the same union.....one of the issues that I'm having now is driving 60 miles a day, 5 days a week and back and forth through the tolls, plus traffic! That part sucks! I also look at it like, I have more to gain than to lose with MTA. I did 2 exams last year summer of which one was MTA Bus Company and TA. I was called for MTA Bus Company, they need people....maybe they're calling people from these exams and sending them wherever they're short BOs.... they'll still call you for TA. You're on the civil service eligible list for 4 or 5 years before that exam expired. I also did exam 2613 and still waiting to be called...I'm still looking for other employments with the MTA.....not trying to limit myself!..lol ..hope this helps and good luck with everything!!

1 minute ago, Elocin721 said:

It's 3 different agencies under MTA.... NYCTA(TA)=civil service, MaBSTOA(OA) Manhattan and Bronx=non civil service, and MTA Bus Company=non civil service. MTA Bus Company was a private bus company before MTA took it over... they're mostly run under ATU union and have their own pension. TA/OA under TWU local 100. TA is civil service and they get the NYCERS pension...same pay for all three. ...with MTA Bus Company, you don't get to pick a Depot, they'll just send you to a Depot where there's availability....TA/OA you get to pick a Depot to work out of but with OA, it's still what's available you can pick from and it goes by seniority...but I know, it's every year you get to pick a Depot, but also keep in mind, everything goes by seniority...you get a Depot you like, cool. Next year a seniority guy can pick that Depot and get your spot...gotta work your way up. Every 3 months you get to pick a new route. So it's still not a guarantee you'll get a Depot close to home...I'm not sure about TA.....I'm currently with MTA Bus Company, JFK and Far Rockaway Depot, they're under the same union.....one of the issues that I'm having now is driving 60 miles a day, 5 days a week and back and forth through the tolls, plus traffic! That part sucks! I also look at it like, I have more to gain than to lose with MTA. I did 2 exams last year summer of which one was MTA Bus Company and TA. I was called for MTA Bus Company, they need people....maybe they're calling people from these exams and sending them wherever they're short BOs.... they'll still call you for TA. You're on the civil service eligible list for 4 or 5 years before that exam expired. I also did exam 2613 and still waiting to be called...I'm still looking for other employments with the MTA.....not trying to limit myself!..lol ..hope this helps and good luck with everything!!

And also, I know you don't pay to take a test for MTA Bus Company and Mabstoa, only TA...so if you pay to take the exam 2613, it's TA.

30 minutes ago, Elocin721 said:

Yeah its for my wife. Im a train operator.  I hope they call her soon she completed pre employment yesterday so fingers crossed they call her back soon. Thanks for taking the time out to break it down.  

New to the forum.  I went to pre-screening on 6/20 but my cdl permit was expired.  I was instructed to contact them when the problem was resolved. I regained my permit 6/29 and reached out by voice mail and email.  Question is; Did I blow this opportunity??

7 hours ago, Basemac7 said:

New to the forum.  I went to pre-screening on 6/20 but my cdl permit was expired.  I was instructed to contact them when the problem was resolved. I regained my permit 6/29 and reached out by voice mail and email.  Question is; Did I blow this opportunity??

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

Second, to answer your question: No. If you have trouble contacting them, for whatever reason, you can restore your name to the list up to three [3] times. For more information on this, refer to the instructions towards the bottom of the blue announcement box at the top of the webpage, starting with the phrase "For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list..."

Good luck!!

On 7/1/2023 at 10:11 PM, Elocin721 said:

A couple things I want to correct on this post. Lots of great info, However MTA Bus is mostly represented by TWU Local 100, except for JFk/FR which is represented by ATU. The TWU Local 100 depots of MTA Bus are CP, BP, LGA, East Chester and Yonkers. There is a system pick each year where you can move around depots.  OA oprators can work out of Manhattan, Bronx and Brooklyn and are represented by TWU Local 100 Also a system pick annually. TA Operators can work out of any borough and are represented by TWU Local 100 in manhattan, bronx and brooklyn. There is a system pick also. If they choose Staten Island they are stuck in that borough for the entirety of their career and are represented by ATU, They can move around Staten Island . If they pick Queens borough they are stuck at their depot for career without a system pick and is represented by ATU 1056.