B/O 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 & 3601 Hiring Process (TA)

SevenEleven
Message added by +Young+,

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png.dbc2d5c362d4011a1ce218f4d4837a14.png

Here are the lists that are currently active:

Exam # 2611 - Established 7/20/2022 - Expires 7/20/2026 - consists of 837 candidates

Exam # 2612 - Established 2/22/2023 - Expires 2/22/2027 - consists of 423 candidates

Exam # 2613 - Established 4/19/2023 - Expires 4/19/2017 - consists of 299 candidates

Exam # 2614 - Established 7/12/2023 - Expires 7/12/2027 - consists of 396 candidates

Exam # 3600 - Cancelled

Exam # 3601 - Established 11/15/2023 - Expires 11/15/2027 - consists of 878 candidates

In the event you need it, here is the updated Notice of Examination. Just note that page five comes after page eight of the PDF document.

If you wish to find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or the exam number into the search box located on the top right hand side of the screen.

Next, if you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

The Proposed Answer Keys for Exams 2611, 2612, 2613, 2614 and 3601 can be viewed on this webpage.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You do not have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(updated 12/25/2023)

9 minutes ago, drethemta said:

42 correct

So 42 divided by 60 equals 0.70. Move the decimal point two places to the right, and you got a 70%.

3 minutes ago, drethemta said:

When can we anticipate them starting to call from the 2611 exam? I know it's a long shot question. 

According to the top of the first page of the Notice of Examination, which can be viewed here, it states the following:

"MTA New York City Transit anticipates hiring provisional Bus Operators approximately two months after each examination period ends. Candidates who receive a passing score on the examination will be considered for employment based on their multiple-choice examination scores."

In addition, if you look at the Proposed Answer Keys, for Exam # 2611, the last examination was administered on May 14th, 2022, so maybe the middle of July? Only time will tell.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning,

Below was the response I received from the exams unit via email regarding the status of the hiring process. 

"At this time, NYC Transit will not be hiring provisional Bus Operator. We expect the list to be established for Exam # 2611 within the next two to three months. Once the list is established, you will receive a letter in the mail with your results."

This isn't in compliance with the NOE which everyone applied to. I guess it's the long game with all 6 tests for TA. 

• 4 weeks later...

Morning all,

I just reviewed on the DCAS website that exam 2611 is active,dated 7/20/2022 till 7/20/2026. @+Young+ posted a link in another forum but I'm unable to attach the proper link here for those of you who are interested to see your list number. 

Any idea how long after the list is established before they start to reach out to us?

Thank you in advance. 

11 hours ago, -Galan- said:

Morning all,

I just reviewed on the DCAS website that exam 2611 is active,dated 7/20/2022 till 7/20/2026. @+Young+ posted a link in another forum but I'm unable to attach the proper link here for those of you who are interested to see your list number. 

Any idea how long after the list is established before they start to reach out to us?

Thank you in advance. 

If you wish to view your list number, click here and either type "2611" or your last name in the search box. Just note that if you type "2611" into the search box, and you put the list numbers in descending order (highest to lowest), this particular list only contains 837 (Eight Hundred and Thirty Seven) names. If you're saying "Ouch," you're not the only one with this reaction.

As far as an idea of how long before they start to reach out to us, all I have to say is "Take an educated guess and go with it."

16 hours ago, +Young+ said:

This NYPD Test Prep Kit. And I would take the memorization portion seriously.

Good luck and welcome to the Forums!!

Hey Young,I tried to send you a message privately to ask you about something,but it wont allow me to.(Says only allow to send

0 message)

36 minutes ago, -Galan- said:

The Notice of results for Exam number 2611 should be in the mail within the next day or two.  

One step closer!

In the meantime, if you want to find out your results and list number electronically, click here. Just type either your last name or "2611" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

Good luck!!

2 hours ago, Dakor said:

Hello, do only contact you by mail or do they contact you by email also.

Their form of contact is by phone,email and text when they reach your name on the list. So when you applied originally the information that you submitted should be where they reach out to you at. 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:44 PM, +Young+ said:

In the meantime, if you want to find out your results and list number electronically, click here. Just type either your last name or "2611" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

Good luck!!

Hey Bro. @+Young+ so I was called on to MABSTOA. I was able to pick Grand Av. I finish my 7 days and I'm with a Mentor. I received the eligle list for TA in the mail today for exam 2611. Pass with a 91 score and list #1XX Question is how do I transfer over to TA? I have not yet graduated. Do I wait for 180 Livingston Letter "invite" 🤔? Do I wait until I get my shield?  Will I be able to stay in Grand if I Switch over? Is the switch worth it?

Edited by Andy1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:42 PM, drethemta said:

So checked and my name isn't on that list. However, when I did the check from the answer key I got a 70. Would they adjust the score down?

Could someone help me out with this. I got the letter and I failed by like 2 points. 

8 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Hey Bro. @+Young+ so I was called on to MABSTOA. I was able to pick Grand Av. I finish my 7 days and I'm with a Mentor. I received the eligle list for TA in the mail today for exam 2611. Pass with a 91 score and list #1XX Question is how do I transfer over to TA? I have not yet graduated. Do I wait for 180 Livingston Letter "invite" 🤔? Do I wait until I get my shield?  Will I be able to stay in Grand if I Switch over? Is the switch worth it?

Ask @SevenEleven for specific help on this in regards to the timing, since you are on probation for one [1] calendar year.

Good luck!!