New NJ TRANSIT Bus Schedules – Effective Saturday, September 2, 2023

Silver Script

Link - https://www.njtransit.com/service-advisory/1642973

New timetables will be posted for the following NJ TRANSIT Bus Routes:

Bus Route Nos. 1/361, 13, 21, 22, 23, 25/go25/375, 26, 27, go28, 37, 39, 40, 56/57, 62, 63, 64, 67, 68, 85, 94, 99, 101, 102, 105, 107, 108, 109, 119, 122, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 137, 139, 144, 145, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 177, 190, 191, 192, 194, 198, 313, 315, 319, 320, 507, 509, 551, 552, 554, and 559.

Please note the following service changes:

On the bus routes mentioned above, trip times and service levels have been adjusted to reflect current travel experience and improve reliability.

Nos. 101, 102, 105, and 109 (Weekdays): The 191D, 192D, 195D, and 199D/K have been renamed and given their own line numbers. Certain routes will feature additional service in the AM and/or PM peak due to increasing ridership. Gates at the Port Authority Bus Terminal and routes within New Jersey remain unchanged. 

Nos. 13, 21, 26, 27, 64, 68, 99, 107, 126, 158, 159, 161, 163, 165, 166, 320 (Weekdays):  AM and/or PM trips will be added to help with the increase in ridership.

No. 57 (Weekday and Saturday): Service will begin operating via Legacy Square shopping center in Linden.

Nos. 128, 158 (Saturday),  1, 21, 25, 40, 166 (Sunday), 85, 94, 119 (Saturday and Sunday): Service added in mid-day to help deal with overcrowding caused by increasing ridership.

No. 137 (daily): Summer Service to/from Seaside Heights, Seaside Park and Island Beach State Park will be discontinued after Labor Day.  The weekday schedule will be adjusted to help with the increase in ridership.

Nos. 63, 64, 313, 315, 319, 507, 509, 551, 552, 554, and 559 (daily): Trip times throughout the day will be adjusted to improve on time performance.

Nos. 316 and 510: Summer Service will be discontinued after Labor Day.

No. 319 (daily): Summer Service to Cape May will be discontinued after Labor Day.

No. 57 (Weekday and Saturday): Service will begin operating via Legacy Square shopping center in Linden.

Sad what happened to Linden Plaza (it's completely demolished, for those that don't know).

Learned this the hard way a couple years back; I walked from the last stop of the #94 in Linden (W. Elizabeth / N. Stiles) to Linden Plaza, attempting to catch the #57 at Linden Plaza (where it used to terminate)... At the time, the entire area was barricaded; I couldn't figure out where they moved the #57, so I gave up & hoofed it from there, over to the #57's stop for Aviation Plaza, along S. Stiles..... Bear in mind that that general area around Aviation Plaza/Linden Plaza isn't exactly ped. friendly.....

Anyway, thought nothing of it all, up until I see the changes for the #57 in this thread.... Just went to MyBusNow, and I see that they got buses ending along Av. C, just short of rt. 1/9..... Cutting it back to Aviation Plaza (which is what I actually proposed on here in the past) I think would've sufficed, but I suppose they kept a corresponding stop proximate to (well, what was) Linden Plaza, for access to Linden Commons (which is on the other side of Av. C).......

In any case, whenever buses start operating to this Legacy Sq. shopping ctr (which is apparently on the opposite side of rt. 1/9 from Aviation Plaza, Linden Commons, and (what was) Linden Plaza), I want to see if they'll still have buses diverting to serve Linden Commons, or if buses will just go Wood > 20th > S. Stiles > rt. 1/9, straight to wherever they play on ending buses inside Legacy Sq....

* side note: So they moved the Wal-mart that was inside Linden Plaza, inside this Legacy Sq.... Obvious one, but still, smart move....

* side note 2: Regarding what was proposed in the NewBus Newark redesign proposal, the proposed #54 (southern split of the current #94 that has it running b/w Irvington Bus Terminal & "an extension to the Target and Walmart Supercenter off W Edgar Rd."), can't come fast enough....

Edited by B35 via Church

On 8/18/2023 at 1:33 PM, B35 via Church said:

Sad what happened to Linden Plaza (it's completely demolished, for those that don't know).

Learned this the hard way a couple years back; I walked from the last stop of the #94 in Linden (W. Elizabeth / N. Stiles) to Linden Plaza, attempting to catch the #57 at Linden Plaza (where it used to terminate)... At the time, the entire area was barricaded; I couldn't figure out where they moved the #57, so I gave up & hoofed it from there, over to the #57's stop for Aviation Plaza, along S. Stiles..... Bear in mind that that general area around Aviation Plaza/Linden Plaza isn't exactly ped. friendly.....

Anyway, thought nothing of it all, up until I see the changes for the #57 in this thread.... Just went to MyBusNow, and I see that they got buses ending along Av. C, just short of rt. 1/9..... Cutting it back to Aviation Plaza (which is what I actually proposed on here in the past) I think would've sufficed, but I suppose they kept a corresponding stop proximate to (well, what was) Linden Plaza, for access to Linden Commons (which is on the other side of Av. C).......

In any case, whenever buses start operating to this Legacy Sq. shopping ctr (which is apparently on the opposite side of rt. 1/9 from Aviation Plaza, Linden Commons, and (what was) Linden Plaza), I want to see if they'll still have buses diverting to serve Linden Commons, or if buses will just go Wood > 20th > S. Stiles > rt. 1/9, straight to wherever they play on ending buses inside Legacy Sq....

* side note: So they moved the Wal-mart that was inside Linden Plaza, inside this Legacy Sq.... Obvious one, but still, smart move....

* side note 2: Regarding what was proposed in the NewBus Newark redesign proposal, the proposed #54 (southern split of the current #94 that has it running b/w Irvington Bus Terminal & "an extension to the Target and Walmart Supercenter off W Edgar Rd."), can't come fast enough....

I want to know if you agree with me on this, that the entire NJT network needs to be redone from scratch. You have so many routes that look like someone grabbed a handful of spaghetti and threw it at the wall. (I’m looking at you, 76).

13 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I want to know if you agree with me on this, that the entire NJT network needs to be redone from scratch...

Not the entire network, no....

I'd say NJT's attempting to go about their redesigns the right way though; it's best to analyze the network from major regions & try to build up the network that way.... North Jersey's separate interstate & intrastate networks alone are too extensive for a clean slate approach - even if you wanted to do away with having separate networks for each (which would be the cheap [and stupid] way to go about it)....

13 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

...You have so many routes that look like someone grabbed a handful of spaghetti and threw it at the wall. (I’m looking at you, 76).

Generally speaking, the #76 is one of the more straighter routes NJT has.... My critique about the #76 (if anything) is that is has too many variants....

As far as indirectness within its network, it's nothing like these 2 examples:

XtQ3fIt.gif dPa4Lqw.gif

____________________(The NJT #452)____________________________________________(The NJT #5)

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I'd say NJT's attempting to go about their redesigns the right way though; it's best to analyze the network from major regions & try to build up the network that way.... North Jersey's separate interstate & intrastate networks alone are too extensive for a clean slate approach - even if you wanted to do away with having separate networks for each (which would be the cheap [and stupid] way to go about it)....

Generally speaking, the #76 is one of the more straighter routes NJT has.... My critique about the #76 (if anything) is that is has too many variants....

XtQ3fIt.gif dPa4Lqw.gif

____________________(The NJT #452)____________________________________________(The NJT #5)

That 452 looks like a special kind of…something…

On 8/20/2023 at 6:30 AM, B35 via Church said:

XtQ3fIt.gif dPa4Lqw.gif

What the hell is that???

Looks like route 40 (Jersey Gardens) got added Sunday service to replace the dropped Coach USA runs to the mall, but nothing added the other days to replace the lost evening service.

Go28 has been restored to 30 minute service for most parts of the day, was cut to 35/40 in the April schedule

Edited by jass

Ever since Linden Plaza went defunct, they've essentially turned the #57 into a loop route (they still got it technically terminating proximate to Linden Commons, with a 1 min. layover before heading back to Elizabeth).... Being that Legacy Square & Linden Commons are on opposite sides of rt. 1/9, it requires passengers to ride through the terminal... Looking at the "To Linden/Winfield" (they've always had the #56/57 schedules combined) part of the schedule, where all the passengers would emanate from, there's no timepoint for Legacy Square.... That is going to confuse riders.

They may as well officially turn the #57 into a loop route.

On 8/18/2023 at 3:01 AM, Silver Script said:

Nos. 101, 102, 105, and 109 (Weekdays): The 191D, 192D, 195D, and 199D/K have been renamed and given their own line numbers. Certain routes will feature additional service in the AM and/or PM peak due to increasing ridership. Gates at the Port Authority Bus Terminal and routes within New Jersey remain unchanged. 

For 199D/K (becoming 109), the "K" branch could have become 110.

• 2 weeks later...