Tomorrow is the big R1 day!

NYtransit

as you guys now tommrow will be the R1 fan trip.and i now it starts @ 10AM via the V line,but where does it start? queens plaza or 2nd avenue? because in the poster it said from queens plaza to 2nd avenue.so it starts at queens plaza? thanks for posting your reply!

as you guys now tommrow will be the R1 fan trip.and i now it starts @ 10AM via the V line,but where does it start? queens plaza or 2nd avenue? because in the poster it said from queens plaza to 2nd avenue.so it starts at queens plaza? thanks for posting your reply!
The train will depart 2nd Avenue tomorrow at 10 A.M.

I'll probably will be going next weekend. I want to avoid all the foamers that will be on it tomorrow.
Foamers will be on it every weekend so theres no avoiding them. Its very easy to avoid them though.....

Foamers will be on it every weekend so theres no avoiding them. Its very easy to avoid them though.....

sh*t then they must get therapy or sumin??

The Only thing I can say is,at the Term, go to the last few cars,w here they are hardly at, cuz they like being rude taking the damn rf windows.

Thats what I did duding the TOMC to the (1) in the summer, I sat my a*$ on the redbird and R15s lol

It's not a fantrip,these runs are for the public.

I have too much work, so I won't be going this Sunday. Perhaps next Sunday?

Yeah same, plus my brother wants to see this thing, so he's gonna have to wait for the next or the second next Sunday to go.

I'm charging up the D200 as we speak. :)

I'll probably will be going next weekend. I want to avoid all the foamers that will be on it tomorrow.

Heh... you won't "avoid" them, you'll notice them for sure, but with a little skill you can keep them from bothering you. My advice: find or go with a friend, then just sit down in one of the middle cars and chill. At terminals, standing under a staircase with your friends and talking is a good way to do it, just stay away from the platform edges b/c the foamers will be running back and forth along the edge taking photo's of every train they see.

Oh...and avoid the RFW at all costs, and avoid having any loud discussions about the equipment or you may have some "unwanted conversation guests."

I won't be going this week but I'll visit one of these trips at some point...got 4 more chances to go after this one...

No. I like the old equipment but I don't take it to the extreme that some people do. I just can't stand them. They make me feel embarrassed when I tell people I'm into trains and they instantly get that image in their heads. Foamers are bad for all of us.

No. I like the old equipment but I don't take it to the extreme that some people do. I just can't stand them. They make me feel embarrassed when I tell people I'm into trains and they instantly get that image in their heads. Foamers are bad for all of us.

IAWTP 100%.

You know, some foamers get really over-excited to board their favourite train and then bump into people when they exit. Not good. We all have to be courteous.

Exactly. And if you DO go on these trains and you decide to tough it out and go to the window LET THE KIDS TO THE FRONT AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO GO TO THE FRONT even if the foamers try and stop you. For a kid that experience means a lot and you have a DUTY to let the kids enjoy the view from the front because somewhere all of you looked out the window when you were young and it's not fair to deny a kid that chance just because a bunch of foamers want to film a 3 hour nostalgia video they could still film since they're taller than the kid anyway.

Archived