Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BJC

MTA Bus-Orion NG

Thoses three test buses aren't at BP anymore...so I guess we have wait untill next year(that if they order these)

WOW! Those are nice! im glad MTA Bus had them before MTA NYCT!

But what is that extra rooftop compartment towards the rear?

WOW! Those are nice! im glad MTA Bus had them before MTA NYCT!

But what is that extra rooftop compartment towards the rear?

I think that is a fan to cool the engine because those buses were overheating alot.

its kinda big to be a cooling fan, dontcha think? Anyone here from Baisley Park who would know?

Yes it is kinda big for that. It's also too far to the rear for it to be of any use to cool the batteries, unless there are vents running down the inside to the battery compartment. Looking at the back of the bus, and seeing no A/C vents/grill there, but a glass instead, I am thinking the unit in the back on the top, is actually a roof mounted climate control unit.

105 ng's are going to mta bus and 745 are going to nycta. For mta bus they will probably be at the spring creek, Basiley, far rockaway and Jfk

Yes it is kinda big for that. It's also too far to the rear for it to be of any use to cool the batteries, unless there are vents running down the inside to the battery compartment. Looking at the back of the bus, and seeing no A/C vents/grill there, but a glass instead, I am thinking the unit in the back on the top, is actually a roof mounted climate control unit.

Correct, it's a new Thermo King climate control unit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.