Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another question is, how is the medical portion? Like for example, what do they check, what's passing for Blood Pressure?

From post #4611 of the B/O Exam 2613 Questions Thread (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/page-462):

"it consists of more paperwork, a survey on their computer about your past(y/n questions) and health history,  a hearing test, they take your blood pressure and weight, then they take your urine for sugar, blood and other things not drug related that may indicate health issues, then they do the EKG and finally you do your vision test. once thats done you see their doctor he listens to your lungs, makes you stand on one leg/then the other, he makes you squat, walk on your toes/heals, checks your throat and decides wether your qualified or not. you take the paperwork back to the front counters and you do your interview, take your photos for your id/ and you do fingerprints and photo again. then your done. they give you your pension packet, life insurance documents and a whole bunch of other paperwork for the union and they tell you when to report."

As far as Blood Pressure, the normal reading is 120/80. From doing several blood donations with the NY Blood Center, there is a range for acceptable Blood Pressure readings. IMHO, anywhere from 130/90 to 110/70 is acceptable. If it's lower than 100/60 or higher than 140/100, don't be surprised if you get questioned about this. Also, from my prior experience of going through medical @ MAC (Medical Assessment Center), they take the B/P reading in both arms. So in a way they're giving you two chances instead of one.

If you're concerned about high blood pressure, here's a hint: For minimum of two days before you are called in to medical, sprinkle some cinnamon on all of your food at breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you don't believe me, read http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/cinnamon-reduces-blood-pressure-while-balancing-blood-glucose and http://www.healthline.com/health/high-blood-pressure-hypertension/herbs-to-lower#Overview1.

(In addition, I do not have diabetes and it usually works for me!!)

Thank you youngsubwayfan, so they don't take your blood, and how is the EKG? What goes on with that? How's the vision test is it the same chart like at the DMV, or is it one where you look into a machine?

You're welcome. With the EKG, it's a normal test done, similar to the one my Primary Care Physician does on me once every two years since I have a CDL (Commercial Driver's License) in which I need the medical certificate renewed every two years. (More information: http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/electrocardiogram/basics/what-you-can-expect/prc-20014152) The vision test is not the same chart like DMV, you look into a machine. It's similar to the one that my eye doctor does, in which they ask you to read the smallest font possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys good evening, a quick update. They postponed the filing for this exam, it was supposed to be June 3-23. 2015, but now its September 5-25th,2015. Anybody have any Idea how much its going to cost to file? Thank You.

Won't know till the NOE comes out but I say $63 as a guess. That's what you are likely looking at

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Can anyone say besides ekg, vision, hearing, etc...what else do they have you do during medical? Are there any types of exercise? Like jumping jacks or something. Physically what do they have you do? Raise arms above head? Push up's? Etc...? Any detail regarding?

Can anyone say besides ekg, vision, hearing, etc...what else do they have you do during medical? Are there any types of exercise? Like jumping jacks or something. Physically what do they have you do? Raise arms above head? Push up's? Etc...? Any detail regarding?

You may be asked to raise your arms against your head, or stand up and bend over and stand back up. While seated, they may push down on your legs and ask you to push your legs up against their hands. It's fairly straightforward and any able bodies individual not dealing with an injury to a relevant area should be perfectly capable of passing easily.

You may be asked to raise your arms against your head, or stand up and bend over and stand back up. While seated, they may push down on your legs and ask you to push your legs up against their hands. It's fairly straightforward and any able bodies individual not dealing with an injury to a relevant area should be perfectly capable of passing easily.

Thank you so much subwayGuy. One more thing... I'm in excellent health overall...no blood pressure issues, no diabetes, no heart problems etc....But maybe you or someone on here can advise ....I had surgery about six years ago and I plan to disclose it but I want to do everything possible to ensure I don't get disqualified or put medical hold and get delayed. I already have a note from my doctor indicating the issue was resolved via surgery but there aren't any details. Do you or anyone on here know if that would be enough ? If not what should the letter be stating exactly, how detailed does it have to be? Should I get a letter also from the surgeon that did the surgery as well? and what type of information should be stated on the letter and/or any other details the dr at MTA might want? Just trying to get it right the first time. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much subwayGuy. One more thing... I'm in excellent health overall...no blood pressure issues, no diabetes, no heart problems etc....But maybe you or someone on here can advise ....I had surgery about six years ago and I plan to disclose it but I want to do everything possible to ensure I don't get disqualified or put medical hold and get delayed. I already have a note from my doctor indicating the issue was resolved via surgery but there aren't any details. Do you or anyone on here know if that would be enough ? If not what should the letter be stating exactly, how detailed does it have to be? Should I get a letter also from the surgeon that did the surgery as well? and what type of information should be stated on the letter and/or any other details the dr at MTA might want? Just trying to get it right the first time. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Have your Dr's info available and be able to call them in case you need them to add to their note. Depending on the Dr. you get at the MAC, this could be no big deal, or it could require further clarification from your doc. Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived