Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094

JKid84

Naahh, no one knows that for sure. It depends on body type, metabolism, what type of trees you light up, how much of it you smoke, how often you smoke it and most especially HOW LONG you been smoking weed. If you light up everyday for two years in most cases you are screwed for six months or more. I've a friend who smoked L's on the reg and did his very BEST to quit for 5 months and still tested positive for THC. I care to wager it depends on the test too, because he tried one of those home kits on the fourth month and was home free. You can bet Transit is using some uber sensitive testing techniques and equipment, cuz I heard of people testing positive for trace narcotics and other drugs only because it's on some LEGAL prescription medications. So you probably should quit today if you think you're going to get away with it in July, otherwise find a way to smuggle in some fresh piss from a friend and trust he hasn't crackled any grass for at least 2 years to be sure. Good luck.

Appreciate the advice ma dude...One of the few Who Understood My original post...Best of Luck to also

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough but One thing i can tell you about TA dont "assume" they wont call you in that 30 day window either...

They have been known to speed things up....

Oh BTW they do ask you that question if you ever used drugs...

Ight Cool Appreciate it

Appreciate the advice ma dude...One of the few Who Understood My original post...Best of Luck to also

Transit will not and should not hire absolutely anyone that smokes pot. In fact, they shouldn't hire anyone that takes any sort of psychotropic/active prescription medication either. Most of these mass murder killings are performed by nut jobs who are taking these sort of medications. I've never heard of a pothead going on a killing spree unless he/she also took some other prescription medication.

So you cant really blame people's reaction, no one wants to work with an admitted drug user. I'm an avid subway rider and if I found out the T/O or C/O lit trees regularly I'd be quite alarmed.

On another note, anything and everything you put lots of water on usually gets clean, especially the body. THC is most prevalent in your pee ( it's also in the blood but for shorter periods) That's why a pee exam is choice cuts for drug examinations. THC doesn't belong in the blood so it is filtered by your kidneys. As with any filter, it collects and builds up. Over time it completely disappears from the body as you piss. What you want to do to speed up the process is to drink lots of water and pee more than you normally would, it's that simple.

Tip: Drink plenty of water at night and keep your room cold enough that you cant sleep without a wool fleece. The body in order to stay warm will begin to circulate the blood at a more rapid pace. Your kidneys will then filter your blood faster and the waste product becomes pee. You'll probably have to wake up a night to pee a few times, but this is what you want. A few months of that (especially winter time) will make any Cypress Hill fan clean as a whistle. All natural rapid filtering of the blood with no side effects.

This is why alcoholics and overweight people sometimes suffer from kidney failure, because their kidneys are put through tremendous abuse for years and years.

I know someone who used to be very close to me who did that - when they chewed him up for it, they couldnt spit him out fast enough.

I was being sarcastic Paul. I don't believe anyone could get away with that at all. I was trying to illustrate what a dead end option looks like. You either quit and become an ADULT as Snowblock commented several times or you are done, no ifs ands or buts. People make mistakes and everyone deserves a chance. I'm positive that at least half this forum has smoked weed at one point, including our last three presidents.

No Whats Pathetic here actually is the fact that You Cant put a simple sentence together...If you woudlve read CORRECTLY When I made the statement of " Its not that serious to me Just a fun hobby" I was refering to me smokin NOT THE JOB OF BEING A CONDUCTOR FUKIN GENIUS...So Do me A favor And go Pickup a Good Book...

You need to be more concerned with your health and being ready to do the job I've been doing for nearly 2 years instead of worrying about me and books.

Look, the (MTA) can hit you up at anytime to come on down. You can try to prepare for it all day, all night but they'll come when you least expect it. I see that Weed is a hobby of yours but it's a hobby that will stop you from working here and you don't want that. The time to stop smoking weed is NOW. You could use the tips to detox but why do all that? Is it worth it? You got to be smarter than that, We are coming at you hard cause if you are serious about this job, you got to do everything necessary to get it, including giving up certain things. I don't agree AT ALL with what Snowblock did but now that it's out there, do what you gotta do so that the people in the (MTA) aren't trying to get you like you are some criminal or something if and when they hire you. Now that I've calmed down from the other day, I can say that I have nothing against you, we just want people here that are ready to do the job and do it well. That's all man.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys im hoping you can help me out with a few questions

my current list number is 1943 

the list expired FEB 2015 

and from what ive heard they last batch of people contacted were in the early 900's

is there a good chance of me being called?

Also, after living in NY all my life im currently living in Miami. the MTA has my old NY address which im fine with because my cousin lives there and would let me know if my letter came. im wondering if i should leave it that way or change the address to my FLA address. my fear is that they will see my address as the state of Florida and disqualify me or something.

thanks to all you guys for the help, ive been reading the forum for years, and even posted under another name before, great community here.

Hey guys im hoping you can help me out with a few questions

my current list number is 1943 

the list expired FEB 2015 

and from what ive heard they last batch of people contacted were in the early 900's

is there a good chance of me being called?

Also, after living in NY all my life im currently living in Miami. the MTA has my old NY address which im fine with because my cousin lives there and would let me know if my letter came. im wondering if i should leave it that way or change the address to my FLA address. my fear is that they will see my address as the state of Florida and disqualify me or something.

thanks to all you guys for the help, ive been reading the forum for years, and even posted under another name before, great community here.

It's taken Transit approximately two years to get to the 900 range, if you multiply that times 2yrs which is the amount of time this list will remain active, the yes you definitely have a chance if you want to look at it that way. Frankly there is absolutely no other way of thinking about this, no one really knows for sure as I'm sure you've read. In the past transit has called around 3000 people for conductor.

It's taken Transit approximately two years to get to the 900 range, if you multiply that times 2yrs which is the amount of time this list will remain active, the yes you definitely have a chance if you want to look at it that way. Frankly there is absolutely no other way of thinking about this, no one really knows for sure as I'm sure you've read. In the past transit has called around 3000 people for conductor.

Yeah I knew I wouldn't get a solid yes or no but since ive been out the loop lately i was hoping someone more informed would just weigh in with their thoughts on it. thanks for the reply. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, i have a quick question. My number has been called and i was asked to bring certain documents, one of these being my high school diploma. The problem is i lost it a while back will the MTA accept an associates degree from a local NYC college in place of the high school diploma? I appreciate any and all answers thanks!.

Hello everyone, i have a quick question. My number has been called and i was asked to bring certain documents, one of these being my high school diploma. The problem is i lost it a while back will the MTA accept an associates degree from a local NYC college in place of the high school diploma? I appreciate any and all answers thanks!.

You're going to need that diploma no matter what I believe. The associate's degree isn't one of the documents required since one can get one in any number of ways, including attaining a GED. You can go to your high school and get a copy, for a fee usually.

An associates degree is not a high school

Diploma last time I looked . Get your diploma

An associates degree is not a high school

Diploma last time I looked . Get your diploma

Just go to your hs have them print a letter saying you graduated and put the letter on the schools letterhead with a seal. Then seal it up and don't open it bring it in with ur aa degree. I had same issue and I have a masters. Lol

Just go to your hs have them print a letter saying you graduated and put the letter on the schools letterhead with a seal. Then seal it up and don't open it bring it in with ur aa degree. I had same issue and I have a masters. Lol

Then thing is did you have your high school diploma as well?

You do know when they go back and check(and they will check) and you don't have  it they can eff with you right?

Lying to them gets you Canned....

I graduated I just lost the diploma. Never cared about it after i got my Bachelors and my masters. Just don't lie.Only thing u lie on is when u go to take the medical on the computer click NO on EVERYTHING does not matter what it is they can and have out u on medical hold.

I graduated I just lost the diploma. Never cared about it after i got my Bachelors and my masters. Just don't lie.Only thing u lie on is when u go to take the medical on the computer click NO on EVERYTHING does not matter what it is they can and have out u on medical hold.

It's entirely possible for them to look into your medical history and know if you are lying about some of the answers you give to them in the computer too. Probably best to go see your doctor a few times BEFORE your transit medical testing and get things sorted. You can have your doctor write up a note for Transit stating whatever medical condition you are suffering from is under control, in that case you wont be on medical hold. I hear these sort of things can pop up a year or two after you are hired. Usually on your probation year.

Archived