R160 V & C

Sea Beach

Its not nor will it happen....75ft cars cannot go through the Chrystie Street Connector!

oh yes, if we are talking about the 6th Avenue and Broaway Line then we are kool, but not anywhere near the BMTs Nassau Street line:cool:

how come the 75 foot cars are not good for the (J)(L)(M)(Z) lines? baybe cuz of the length of the cars??

like for instance, if anything happens down the (R) line and they have to reroute an R46 (R) train over the (M) line to chambers st or Delancey St-Essex St, would they do that???

how come the 75 foot cars are not good for the (J)(L)(M)(Z) lines? baybe cuz of the length of the cars??

like for instance, if anything happens down the (R) line and they have to reroute an R46 (R) train over the (M) line to chambers st or Delancey St-Essex St, would they do that???

And why they reroute a (R) via the (M) line?....oh I would to read this explaination. And yes its the length of the cars is why 75ft cars cannot go through the Chrystie Street Connector

And why they reroute a (R) via the (M) line?....oh I would to read this explaination. And yes its the length of the cars is why 75ft cars cannot go through the Chrystie Street Connector

Possibly if there were signal problems at Whitehall Street and the (R) was already past DeKalb Ave and couldn't switch onto the bridge. An R46 can run up Nassau Street line up to Essex St I believe but I might be wrong. I remember back in December there were signal problems @ Broad St around 8am and they were sending the (M) trains coming into Manhattan up Broadway to 57th St / 7th Ave. Think it was only like a train or two

Nice find. Hope the (V) doesn't replace the (M), :D!
Since it's saying "via the M line", it sounds more like temporary reroutes, than a permanent service change with the (M) becoming the (V) line. Or I guess, if one of my wishes ever went through, where the (M) was weekdays only, and the (V) weekends, and the line is still associated with the (M).

What they should have included is the other direction. A (V) bound for Continental stopping at the Myrtle line stations.

Since it's saying "via the M line", it sounds more like temporary reroutes, than a permanent service change with the (M) becoming the (V) line. Or I guess, if one of my wishes ever went through, where the (M) was weekdays only, and the (V) weekends, and the line is still associated with the (M).

What they should have included is the other direction. A (V) bound for Continental stopping at the Myrtle line stations.

true but why have the (V) go in a circle Queens>Manhattan>Brooklyb>Queens

Sounds like the (M) Queens>Brooklyn>Manhattan>Brooklyn

Maybe the (V) can head to Marcy or Myrtle Ave?, seeing that the (M) doesnt end at Myrtle till about 11PM

true but why have the (V) go in a circle Queens>Manhattan>Brooklyb>Queens

Sounds like the (M) Queens>Brooklyn>Manhattan>Brooklyn

Maybe the (V) can head to Marcy or Myrtle Ave?, seeing that the (M) doesnt end at Myrtle till about 11PM

Why do you want to end the V at Marcy? You can't really terminate trains there. And at Myrtle, the middle track is occupied by the M shuttle.

Archived