Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Bee Flexible #823

NEW to LGA

As I passed by LGA Depot earlier tonight, I saw buses 4023 and 4026 with MTA Bus LGA Depot QC Decals on both buses. Sorry no pics were taken. It looks like the end of the road for the 1990-1994 RTS buses is very near.:eek:

As I passed by LGA Depot earlier tonight, I saw buses 4023 and 4026 with MTA Bus LGA Depot QC Decals on both buses. Sorry no pics were taken. It looks like the end of the road for the 1990-1994 RTS buses is very near.:eek:

LGA better take good care of those boys. I thought Yukon was supposed to get some new battery pack NGs. Thanks for the info!

Edited by Cait Sith

I saw 3887 parked in a spot on tuesday and 3889 turning the corner of the depot. they both had (MTA) New York City Bus on it and I couldnt see what depot thay came from because I was on the Q33.

Does anyone know if Laguardia runs any 80-8300's on sundays. I want to try and catch a few more of these before they are retired.

You might have a cjance but if you do Id push for the day time hours. More like the early afternoon.

Thanks, I may try catching one on the Q23.

Does anyone know if Laguardia runs any 80-8300's on sundays. I want to try and catch a few more of these before they are retired.

Went out to Forest Hills just now and saw two on the Q23.

Guest Charles

The 80xx-83xx's are still quite common on the Q23. However, I have not seen a 71xx or a 97xx on that line for quite some time.

You may want to try the Q38 Q39 and the Q53 as well. They usually have RTSs out in full on the weekends. Lines such as the Q18 Q19 Q29 Q33 Q47 Q49 Q69 and the Q72 usually see only 1 or 2 RTSs on the weekends. In fact, some don't see any at all.

Also, last weekend, I noticed only 1 or 2 9700s out in service. The rest were 9300s and HEVs.

You may want to try the Q38 Q39 and the Q53 as well. They usually have RTSs out in full on the weekends. Lines such as the Q18 Q19 Q29 Q33 Q47 Q49 Q69 and the Q72 usually see only 1 or 2 RTSs on the weekends. In fact, some don't see any at all.

Also, last weekend, I noticed only 1 or 2 9700s out in service. The rest were 9300s and HEVs.

I saw 3 1990 TMCs on the Q23, 8468 on the Q38, two on the Q53, one on the Q29, and 7181 on the Q53 today.

Thanks for the info guys, I may try to find one next sunday.

you will able to see more of #8000 - #8200 sereis at maspeth depot

, basiley depot few of them at Manhattanville depot.?

i would like to see if basiley depot get new 2009 orion7ng.

so they will able to retire 1990 RTS #8000 - #8300 series

i belive

basiley depot , maspeth depot , LGA depot caryy more

of 1990 RTs nova #8000 - #8300 seires

LGA 1990 TMCs are Done...thanks to LGA,their Nova RTS going to end up the same way by next year.

I sure did. Here are EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS of 4023 on the Q38:

(Pics removed)

Enjoy!!!

Now THIS is why there needs to be some sort of communication. I got it later in the day after thinking it was going out for training by LGA.

4023-W.jpg

4023-R.jpg

4023-D.jpg

Guest Charles

These are looking good...was the Q38 the first line they operated on?

Are there "seniority" lines?