R160B Option One Order: One More Train To Go

Posted by Widecab5 on Subchat:

--for the completion of Option One. 9218-9222 are being delivered now.

Everything up to 9232 should be in by the end of next week (somewhere about May 29). Then they'll start working on Option Two.

Out of curiousity--

Has anyone seen any high-numbered, like REALLY high-numbered R-160's in Yonkers yet?

Thoughts? Comments? Reactions?

it doesn't, they start recycling car numbers, so the outgoing cars (R32, R38 retired already, R40, R42) will have their old numbers assigned to the new cars, presumably starting with the R179, if option 3 of R160's is not taken, and the R188's, but at this point, we don't know whether or not the R142A converts will be renumbered yet (although my instinct tells me that they probably will).

seriously, though

i think the most logical numbering for the R160B option 2 would be:

9593-9732. then the R160A option 2: 9733-9974.

just fits under 10000, yay!

now that there is a link, i'm clueless:

assuming 9810 is the first car then:

R160B's: 9810-9949?

but that doesn't make sense, i think i like my original assumption better.

oh wait...

just me being optimistic, but...

R160A opt 2: 9593-9834

R160B opt 2: 9835-9974

hmmm, but that still doesn't make sense...since under this assumption then 9810 would be an R160A, and wouldn't be at yonkers...

yep, i'm clueless...

Is the N, Q, and W going to be all R160B once Option 1 is done? Or is the E going to be entirely R160A after Option I is done?

probably the E.

option 2 will take care of any stragglers still on the queens blvd line and the resulting fleet changes should cause the (N)(Q)(W) to be 99% r160 (always weird stuff happening during GO's)

seriously, though

i think the most logical numbering for the R160B option 2 would be:

9593-9732. then the R160A option 2: 9733-9974.

just fits under 10000, yay!

That's what I thought earlier too. In fact I thought it would be this:

9593-9732: R160B

9733-9932: R160A 5-car sets

9933-9964: R160A 4-car sets

However, from those pictures, that is not the case.

What actually happens when the car numbering will reach 10 tousand?

They will recycle numbers, they could go back to the 30XXs.

I'm totally confused when I saw those numbers.

Is the N, Q, and W going to be all R160B once Option 1 is done? Or is the E going to be entirely R160A after Option I is done?

AFAIK, all R160 Option 2 orders are going to Jamaica, except for the 32 which are going to ENY. The reason: Jamaica Yard needs those cars to retire the Jamaica R32s, Mods and R42s, as well as to offset R46s to Pitkin to replace R32s next year.

AFAIK, all R160 Option 2 orders are going to Jamaica, except for the 32 which are going to ENY. The reason: Jamaica Yard needs those cars to retire the Jamaica R32s, Mods and R42s, as well as to offset R46s to Pitkin to replace R32s next year.

the 1st 2 you are right, The Op II is going to jamaica to ONLY Bump Off The Remaining SMEE's At Jamaica only, Not to send more R46's to Pitkin, The remaining R32's will stay at 207th st until another Order or R179 replace those remaining R32's at 207th st.

the 1st 2 you are right, The Op II is going to jamaica to ONLY Bump Off The Remaining SMEE's At Jamaica only, Not to send more R46's to Pitkin, The remaining R32's will stay at 207th st until another Order or R179 replace those remaining R32's at 207th st.

Also Option Order II is only for the R40M/42's at Jamaica and The remaining R32's at Jamaica, The R40M/42 and the 6 R32's at concourse were not replaced by the R160 Option Order I, They just took those cars OOS and they are pending Reefing, If you see the poster about the Less trains during both the AM/PM rush its not all because of the Track work being done at Grand Ave (that would be done by the 2nd week of June), Its because of Jamiaca retireing cars that have problems and bring them to Concourse Yd and this won't End until December 31st, The Remaining Option Order I that are coming in cars Are ONLY Replacing the slants and a few of the remaining R40M's and sending the R46's to Pitkin, and By the way another R46 will go to pitkin tonight.

see, here's the problem that i keep comming across...

if you think logically, the highest R160 number you can get to without hitting 10000 is 9997. and if they keep ordering more, plus the R179's and the R188's, are there gonna be enough numbers from the SMEE's to cover all those car types?

I was right the next car number will be 140 cars R160B

will be #9593 - #9732.will concourse yard reiceve R160

later and will i see R160B run on the (R) line.

when jamiaca yard recieve more R160B, R160A.

The (R) will be getting R160's also, I heard in June, But they might push it back to the fall.

Also Option Order II is only for the R40M/42's at Jamaica and The remaining R32's at Jamaica, The R40M/42 and the 6 R32's at concourse were not replaced by the R160 Option Order I, They just took those cars OOS and they are pending Reefing, If you see the poster about the Less trains during both the AM/PM rush its not all because of the Track work being done at Grand Ave (that would be done by the 2nd week of June), Its because of Jamiaca retireing cars that have problems and bring them to Concourse Yd and this won't End until December 31st, The Remaining Option Order I that are coming in cars Are ONLY Replacing the slants and a few of the remaining R40M's and sending the R46's to Pitkin, and By the way another R46 will go to pitkin tonight.

No, I already mentioned this already. The 1662 car order is enough to remove any SMEE equipment. Add all of the original car class numbers up.

600 R32s

200 R38s

200 R40s

200 R40As

400 R42s

You get 1600 cars. I believe that it's an illusion that R32s won't be replaced by the current order. The reason is related to the switcheroos and the car transfers and everything. So no, R32s will be replaced by the R160s, it is just the matter of time. They will not be replaced by R179s or a third option.

I don't think they will. R68/A's will most likely stay on those lines for a while. I believe Option order II is all going to Jamaica

Yes, however 32 R160As will be made into 4 car sets, they will go to the (L). They will have CBTC installed on them.

The R160s at Jamaica will not only replace all remaining SMEEs at Jamaica, but will through the displacement of R46s at Jamaica replace all remaining SMEEs at 207. (and what few remaining SMEEs remain at Pitkin. )

Correct.

I don't think they will. R68/A's will most likely stay on those lines for a while. I believe Option order II is all going to Jamaica
Oh that's bad, really bad. It might even predict that the A will get the R68s while the D gets the newest fleet that replaces the R46s. Now the G getting R160s is more certain.

Archived