Soooooo....How was the T/O test??

NASCAR

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when you became a train op

My list number was 81 and I got called 14 months after the test. That was the last promotion I can get at transit because I have no sick time now and they care more about that than your safety and disciplinary records combined!!

My list number was 81 and I got called 14 months after the test. That was the last promotion I can get at transit because I have no sick time now and they care more about that than your safety and disciplinary records combined!!

thats sucks, but whatta ya gonna do, where i work i dont even sick day, but thats the way the cookie crumbles...lol

Wow this thread died. We have to keep it going until at least the answer key comes out so I can boast about the 100 I am going to get.

I thought the answers were to be posted on the 3rd Monday after the test. That's today.

According to my answer sheet it is the 6th monday which would be July 6th

I just checked, the answers are not up yet.

The exam keys are posted 5 weeks after the exam, so it would be the week of July 13-17.

My bad. I looked at the answers sheet and it says the 5th Monday after the test. July 6th. Thanks.

LOL! If you guys have so much trouble comprehending what the pink answer sheet says, maybe you didn't do as great as you think you did on the TO test. It was 99% reading comprehension! (just kiddin) :P

LOL! If you guys have so much trouble comprehending what the pink answer sheet says, maybe you didn't do as great as you think you did on the TO test. It was 99% reading comprehension! (just kiddin) :P

I comprehended it fine, I was just trying to be nice.

I comprehended it fine, I was just trying to be nice.

The pink sheet says the *5th* Monday following the test, not 6th. These are precisely the types of questions that were asked on the test. In any case, you were correct about it being July 6th.

According to my answer sheet it is the 6th monday which would be July 6th

Even though we're competing against each other, at least for when we get an interview, I want to say, best of luck to everyone who took the exam! I was just trying to point out how easy it could have been to have screwed up on some of the questions if you didn't read them very carefully and go back and double check your answers. Less than two weeks to go now! I expect I made a few such mistakes myself on the test and will be pissed and disappointed when I see them. Happens every time.

Even though we're competing against each other, at least for when we get an interview, I want to say, best of luck to everyone who took the exam! I was just trying to point out how easy it could have been to have screwed up on some of the questions if you didn't read them very carefully and go back and double check your answers. Less than two weeks to go now! I expect I made a few such mistakes myself on the test and will be pissed and disappointed when I see them. Happens every time.

This is off topic but i just took the exam 6/6/09 for T/O i read a little early that sometime you have to walk in the tunnels, i'm only asking because i very

scary of RATS, i'm not a punk but i would rather fight 8 people with guns than have a rat run by my feet. Is this the wrong Job for me?

This is off topic but i just took the exam 6/6/09 for T/O i read a little early that sometime you have to walk in the tunnels, i'm only asking because i very

scary of RATS, i'm not a punk but i would rather fight 8 people with guns than have a rat run by my feet. Is this the wrong Job for me?

It could be. Are you scared of rats that you can't just deal with it, or are you going to drop your tools in the tunnel and come running out screaming :P?

It could be. Are you scared of rats that you can't just deal with it, or are you going to drop your tools in the tunnel and come running out screaming :P?
i'll drop my new born and start running.lol

I hate rats also but they are everywhere down here so you get used to them. The further you go in the tunnels the less you will see because there isn't all of the food from the people's garbage.

If you can't control yourself, then probably yes. Just hit them with your brake handle :P

Part of a Train Operator Job is to walk the Tracks on Elevated Structures or Subway Tunnels at ANY time. You may have to pick up or store a train in the Tunnel and have to walk the Subway tracks along the right of way to get from the train to Station. If your train goes into emergancy and don't know why you have to walk the tracks. Being afraid of rats is not an excuse from doing your dutys. All I can say is try to overcome that fear or don't take the job. Lives may depend on you to leave your train to check out an emegency exit and then come back and lead your riders and C/R to safety. You can't let a rat stop you or distract you from timely evacations. Everyone hopes that never happen but its the worst case situation you could face.

I hate rats also but they are everywhere down here so you get used to them. The further you go in the tunnels the less you will see because there isn't all of the food from the people's garbage.

Great point. They go where the food is. Just don't carry around any cheese with you! :P

arent the rats supposed to be afraid of YOU? thats all i need my train op getting electrocuted cause he ran from a rat running from him. nice job. stay outta the tunnels if your scared of a rat

Alot of the rats are NOT scared of you at all. They will stare you down or run right over your foot.

Archived