Soooooo....How was the T/O test??

NASCAR

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But if there is a delay in the posting, they should at least say something about it on the website. As of 2PM, there is nothing there explaining what's going on.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/employment/kjune2009.shtml

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/hr/answerkeys.htm

Judging by the start of the protest period, I don't think there is any delay. The answer key's will be posted on Wednesday the 8th as that is the start date of the protest period.

Judging by the start of the protest period, I don't think there is any delay. The answer key's will be posted on Wednesday the 8th as that is the start date of the protest period.

But they had said that the Proposed Answer Key will be posted on the website on the 5th Monday following the exam. That's today.

I'd rather see the answers and know my score here at home before seeing them over there. But what can you do. At least we should know in 2 days, hopefully before.

Still nothing on the website and no answer at the phone number I posted earlier (as of 4PM).

At the very bottom of the pink answer sheet we took home from the test (on the same side as our written answers), it says the 5th Monday following the test. That would be today, 7/6/09. So maybe they will post them sometime before the day is over.

At the very bottom of the pink answer sheet we took home from the test (on the same side as our written answers), it says the 5th Monday following the test. That would be today, 7/6/09. So maybe they will post them sometime before the day is over.

You forget we are talking about city employees that work in an office. They are the rudest most nasty lazy people out there, Its like the people at the DMV. They willg et around to it when they feel like. I thought last week we would see them when I saw them start listing the tests in the answer key section but I was wrong, its the official day and they still are not up, we will just have to wait a few extra days until some lazy grunt gets off their ass posts them to the dcas site.

Regardless of what they said, this is a PROCESS and it takes time. OK, the answers aren't up yet and you are nervous about your scores. But remember these are NOT your final scores, and you are going to have to wait about another 11 months for those. I know you all want to work for TA, heck I do too but there is nothing you can do to make it happen sooner at this point. You took the test, now just sit tight... So grab an ice cold Dr Pepper and put it out of your mind...someone else will post the answers here when they go up, and that may not even be your actual score anyway. You'll find out soon enough, and even when you do the score could change upward if any questions get protested...and you'll still have the REAL waiting left to do anyway

Regardless of what they said, this is a PROCESS and it takes time. OK, the answers aren't up yet and you are nervous about your scores. But remember these are NOT your final scores, and you are going to have to wait about another 11 months for those. I know you all want to work for TA, heck I do too but there is nothing you can do to make it happen sooner at this point. You took the test, now just sit tight... So grab an ice cold Dr Pepper and put it out of your mind...someone else will post the answers here when they go up, and that may not even be your actual score anyway. You'll find out soon enough, and even when you do the score could change upward if any questions get protested...and you'll still have the REAL waiting left to do anyway

The protested questions/answers are not going to hurt my final score, or make much a difference to me. My score that I will arrive at with my answer sheet is not going to be different from the final certified score. The only peoples scores that are going to change are the people who got the protested questions wrong and will now possibly get them right if they add a second acceptable answer to those questions. I seriously doubt they are going to completely remove any questions from the test so i wouldnt sweat it. At most they will just add a few secondary acceptable answers.

So getting the keys today or tomorrow or this week will help people know what their score will be and give extra assurance for when you get the official certified list numbers and score.

The protested questions/answers are not going to hurt my final score, or make much a difference to me. My score that I will arrive at with my answer sheet is not going to be different from the final certified score. The only peoples scores that are going to change are the people who got the protested questions wrong and will now possibly get them right if they add a second acceptable answer to those questions. I seriously doubt they are going to completely remove any questions from the test so i wouldnt sweat it. At most they will just add a few secondary acceptable answers.

So getting the keys today or tomorrow or this week will help people know what their score will be and give extra assurance for when you get the official certified list numbers and score.

What I meant is that if you got one of the questions wrong, looking at the answer key will not tell you your actual score if that question is protested successfully because you will also get credit for that question if the alternative answer they choose to accept is the answer that you picked which was originally "wrong" and will end up being right in the end.

People want to know, but be patient. This isn't a DCAS ranting forum. The answers will be posted in due time and everyone will find out what they got. They're not witholding information its just a matter of being patient.

What I meant is that if you got one of the questions wrong, looking at the answer key will not tell you your actual score if that question is protested successfully because you will also get credit for that question if the alternative answer they choose to accept is the answer that you picked which was originally "wrong" and will end up being right in the end.

People want to know, but be patient. This isn't a DCAS ranting forum. The answers will be posted in due time and everyone will find out what they got. They're not witholding information its just a matter of being patient.

BUT WE NEED TO KNOW NOW DAMNIT! These keys are like CRACK we need our fix! lol

Preliminary Answers are up.. Here is the link directly to DCAS. Even though, the Promotional and O/C are still the same, I linked the page to get to the answers.....Not the answers straight up...

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/employment/kjune2009.shtml

Good luck on your preliminary scores everybody :tup:

Zach

Damn it. I changed 26 from A to C. I would have had them all right. I know which one it was. It was a little tricky and I didn't want to change it but did. I remember it was a technical question. I don't remember the details of it, but hopefully that one gets protested and C is accepted as well and it gives me 80 out of 80. I guess I shouldn't complain since I changed another answer besides 26 and that one turned out to be right. At least I know I will definitely be called up for train operator. I got everything right for conductor, so I should be good there too.

Sorry to hear for anyone that didn't do well enough. Don't fret because they will have the tests again, although it will be a while, they still will offer them in a few years. Just use my method when taking a subway test. in pretty much every question, two choices are definitely wrong, and the third wrong choice can look correct if you miss a word in the qestion. The wording is everything in the questions, so make sure you either read the question thoroughly, or read it two or three times until you're sure. Always go through the test at least twice. I went through the test 2 times and still finished in 2 hours, so the 3 hours are plenty. Never rush yourself on these tests. That's where you end up getting questions wrong. I always see these guys leave the test first and they actually think it means something that they finished first. Yes, they get to be the first to buy a metrocard and that's it. Good luck to anyone else that hasn't found out their fate yet.

I got 71/80 correct = 88.75. Looks like I will not be doing that for a career. :mad:

Don't think like that., there will be other tests, also if you can take other tests within the MTA and then get in, you will have an advantage the next time a T/O exam is given.

Hey, I got 71 out of 80 questions right. That's 9 wrong, that's pretty horrible I guess. =/

Same here,9 wrong(88.75). I should have taken more time in going over my answers. I got (1),(79)(80) wrong just to name a few.

We tried our best,give yourself a pat on the back. Remember it is your list number that counts,your score doesn't mean much at all.

I don't think many people got all 80 questions right.

Messino:Congrats on only getting 1 wrong(98.75):tup:

I got 4 wrong...which gives me a 94:confused:

I guess I won't be receiving a call as someone mentioned in this thread that only 95 and above will get you in.

How do we see the specific questions that we got wrong? Is there a way?

I got 4 wrong...which gives me a 94:confused:

I guess I won't be receiving a call as someone mentioned in this thread that only 95 and above will get you in.

How do we see the specific questions that we got wrong? Is there a way?

The only way to see is to go to the protest review session as that is the only place that will let you review the test questions you have taken. You got a 95 if you got 4 wrong, I wouldnt count yourself out, thats a pretty good score and if you filed before I did you will probably get called before me. I may have gotten a high score but I filed on the 25th of March which is considered pretty late so I will be lower on the list.

Archived